Guess the Caption Contest #11: 3-28-05

Half puppy, half pumpkin, all love, Pupkin is a round orange dog who wanders the streets of America in search of money. Appeared on the Keenspot Comics Page from October 2004 to April 2005.

Moderator: Pupkin

Guess the Caption Contest #11: 3-28-05

Postby Pupkin on Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:02 am

When you vote for "Pupkin" on buzzcomix.net you see a preview of a future "Pupkin" comic, which shows the full art, but without the text at the bottom. I change the preview every time there's a new "Pupkin" strip (Monday, Wednesday, Friday), and you can guess the caption and win a prize! You could even win $1 million. But you won't.

HOW TO PLAY

Go see the preview strip, then come back to this thread and write your own caption for it!

PRIZES

#1 -- My favorite caption will win an original Pupkin sketch, which I'll mail out to you!

#2 -- If you somehow magically guess the caption exactly as I wrote it, I'll give you $1 million.

#3 -- If I love your caption a crazy ton, I might decide to actually throw out mine and use yours instead for the strip when it appears online! I'll give you full credit as co-writer of the strip in my commentary.

RULES

You have one week to enter the "favorite caption/win a sketch" contest (#1 prize above) before I pick a winner, and for the #2 and #3 prizes you have until I post those strips online of course. The deadline for prize #1 is 11:59 p.m. Mountain time on Sunday, April 3.

-------

Today's preview comic is fairly boring looking, but the caption might not be! You tell me what it is, stupid!

CONTEST OVER NOW. GO TO SLEEP.
Last edited by Pupkin on Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pupkin
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby OnlyAlienEver on Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:58 pm

"After the round orange dog counted up all of his money, he put it in his hat. He just remembered, though, that he stated many times to many people that he puts money in his mouth. For lying to Pupkin, he found a knife in his back."
OnlyAlienEver
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby J. on Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:50 pm

"The round orange dog wondered why tropical islands had to be so damn expensive."
J.
Keenspot Despot

Postby MondoMor on Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:05 pm

"Insane from hunger and ravaged by disease, the round orange dog counted his money. Soon, the Minotaur would be found and Molly would have her revenge."
MondoMor
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Evander on Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:36 am

"The round orange dog was dimayed. While his first bank robbery had gone off without a hitch, he had gotten hungry durring his daring escape from the cops, and only had $52.50 left. At this rate, he would NEVER have enough to buy a set of gold teeth for his mother."
Evander
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Pupkin on Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:00 am

Pupkin's mother died. Pupkin almost killed himself mostly because of her death.
Pupkin
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Evander on Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:50 am

I was under the impression that you had said somewhere that the new series of strips takes place pre-everyone dying.

Even so, corpses still have teeth.
Evander
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Pupkin on Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:20 pm

Ah, you are correct about that, but I just felt like talking about how Pupkin's mother died at some point in time, I guess.
Pupkin
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Evander on Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:10 pm

That is cool.

Pupkin's mother's death was very much on my mind while writing the caption. I considered having the gold teeth be intended for pupkin's father, to avoid any sort of dead vs. not dead issues, but instead I decided that the back story was there about Pupkin already caring deeply for his mother, and it was better to work off of that.
Evander
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Pupkin on Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:04 pm

Well, I'm pretty sure that Pupkin doesn't know anything about his mother in this new version of the comic as well, though. He's certainly on his own, and I don't think he knows where his mother is or anything like that.

It really doesn't matter, though. I prefer the concept that this is just a completely alternate reality and that it's not a prequel to the original strip. I don't care enough to make a decision on it at this point, though. Doesn't matter! It's just for stupid little gags about a round orange dog!
Pupkin
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Evander on Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:13 pm

that is the best possible attitude/use of the medium
Evander
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Pupkin on Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:10 pm

MondoMor wins with "Insane from hunger and ravaged by disease, the round orange dog counted his money. Soon, the Minotaur would be found and Molly would have her revenge."

E-mail me your address if you want the sketch mailed to you, and tell me what you want the sketch to be of!
Pupkin
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

derpdrugs Facts

Postby Jacksons on Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:04 am

Jacksons

Re: Guess the Caption Contest #11: 3-28-05

Postby J. on Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:59 pm

It's a shame you entered late, wecaoniddmab891. That probably would have won.
J.
Keenspot Despot

Return to Pupkin