04/04/05 - The Freekin' Pope

One funny strip per case of 12!

Moderator: Walky

04/04/05 - The Freekin' Pope

Postby Plot Device on Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:23 am

-Click!- *Bzzzzt...* "Pope"... term not recognized... cross referencing:

Conclusion. Hope + Poop = Pope

...Stored.

*Series of bloops* What is zany character Robin's concern with the deletion of hopeful poop? Unable to determine reasoning... request input.

EDIT: After reading many of the heartfelt expressions of devotion and admiration of the late pope... I felt it neccessary to comment on my childish antics. I was raised catholic... and to tell you the truth Heaven sounds like some made up BS to help the old and the dying sleep at night. Eternal peace and bliss would be ineffectual because without pain, pleasure has no weight... without sadness, happiness loses meaning. So vise versa... Hell is also pointless in its construction... but i'm rambling. Existance as a human being is all about realization... the ultimate realization of course is that you are going to die-- inevitably. Many people find this frightening... and they try not to think about it... or they delude themselves from the cold truth of mortality.
I do not know if there is a God. It is... impossible to prove anything one way or another. I for one do not believe in such romantic nonsense... it all sounds too arrogant for my taste... like each religion is a club and you can't get into its version of "Heaven" unless you follow the rules... so much holier than thou BS.... its sickening. In my opinion all religion is evil and fruitless in its vain attempts to unify people through scare tactics and sugar coating... but despite this... you can always find good men-- good people... who try to do what is right in their own eyes and not what some moldy old book tells them. I'm inclined to believe from the reactions i've seen that the Pope was not a man of God. He was a man of the people... and those he touched and inspired are his true legacy.... not the title he held or even his shiny pope hat. I offer my sincerest apologies to any I may have put off with my words... thank you for reading.... oops... I mean.... *Click Click!* -Bleeeeeep- [End Statement]
Plot Device
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Ringading on Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:31 am

The same old argument of extensive depth in promotion of free thought. Let me just add that it is possible for a Catholic to stray slightly from doctrine and interpret purgatory as a means for all but the most unruly sinners to eventually access heaven. Religion doesn't have to be an exclusive club of redemption, and its proponents aren't necessarily mindless sheep.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby Plot Device on Tue Apr 05, 2005 3:31 am

Well there is hardly ever anything "new" to be said about these kinds of opinions.... and perhaps I did ramble at more length then was prudent-- something for which I can also apologize for.
To be quite frank though... i'd rather burn forever than live my brief existance-- or think in the way someone else thought was correct, no matter who they are. Interpretation is what its really all about... I don't think anyone is a mindless sheep... afterall when it comes down to it everyone only does what they themselves believe to be right. A fact that makes the beliefs of every person equally meritable.
With that said... I button my lip and avert my eyes from the whole affair... the last thing I want is a religious flame war on such respectable forums. There is too much integrity here for that.... I don't think i'd ever live it down since it'd be my fault.
Plot Device
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Tenma on Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:37 pm

When did these forums become respectable? ;-)

(Rated WEB-MA for Strong Language and Sexuality)

Check out the Treading Ground ComicGenesis Forum!
Tenma
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby zippthorn on Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:15 am

Anyone else think "Young Pope Clone" s a pretty good band name?

Zippthorn
--
I don't want genital herpes to interfere with *my* social life.
Bitches 'n hoes, bitches 'n hoes

[URL=http://members.aol.com/aaronbourque/cryotekwarning.jpg]Image
Heed The Warning!![/URL]
zippthorn
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Shortpacked!