[04/01/05] April Fools?

One funny strip per case of 12!

Moderator: Walky

[04/01/05] April Fools?

Postby Tenma on Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:08 pm

Heh, I wonder if this is a jab at anyone specific. I wouldn't be surprised if this was another stir in the pot of webcomics industry internal politics.

(Rated WEB-MA for Strong Language and Sexuality)

Check out the Treading Ground ComicGenesis Forum!
Tenma
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby bunnyThor on Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:42 pm

I don't know who it is aimed at, but I am shocked and appalled to discover that David Willis only has two teeth, and that both are shaped like horseshoes. :o
bunnyThor
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Spectre_General on Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:45 pm

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. So I'll pretend you're not.

Yeah, it's a jibe at Carson Fire, of [url="http://elflife.com/"]Elf Life[/url] fame.

At least the catgirl comment is. Wallpaper might be too, I dunno.

Anyway, Gauntlet down! We need a rebuttal strip![/url]
Spectre_General
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ringading on Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:56 pm

I look forward to seeing his appearance in the comic's main plot, since his comment about not being a member of the cast was apparently an April Fool's gag.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby Spectre_General on Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:10 pm

Ringading wrote:I look forward to seeing his appearance in the comic's main plot, since his comment about not being a member of the cast was apparently an April Fool's gag.

Actually, he used to appear regularly, if you check the archives. Maybe he'll come back. And...uh, buy transformers. That'll be a plot twist.
Spectre_General
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lareth on Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:48 pm

Actually this one's a triple jab. Elf Life is the first reference. The second is in the mouseover text.

The third is in the body positions.

The good folks on the Nightstar forums are quick.

-Lareth
Lareth
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby carsonfire on Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:17 am

Spectre_General wrote:I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. So I'll pretend you're not.

Yeah, it's a jibe at Carson Fire, of [url="http://elflife.com/"]Elf Life[/url] fame.

At least the catgirl comment is. Wallpaper might be too, I dunno.

Anyway, Gauntlet down! We need a rebuttal strip![/url]

I already did a rebuttal strip last night, and I've already removed it.

The way this usually goes (and I should know this by now) webcartoonist attacks me out of left-field; I respond in any way and I'm the villain.

I don't know what prompted Dave to kneecap me like that. It is *not* true that I've stopped doing comics for wallpaper; in fact, in better dealing with some chronic pain, I've started substantially increasing my output about mid-March. I'm doing a good job of catching up, but I've got years of past problems to deal with, in my archives and my personal life.

That bit may be more in reference to Avalon, but what little I know of the Avalon situation, it's not particularly fair, either. Juggling work and revenue and webcomics is difficult; this certainly shouldn't be a surprise to David Willis.

Anyway, my rebuttal comic was more tame *I* thought, in that I only goofed on the attack comic. But I already had a reader in my forum concerned that *I* was creating the ugly situation. So never mind.

As for busty catgirls, that's fair game. I'm drawing mermaids in a wildly exaggerated fashion because *I can* and they contrast with the more nicey-nice characters.

So instead of a rebuttal, I'll just take the opportunity to post today's weird comic.

So no hard feelings, I guess, regardless of what brought this on.
Cars, as always
carsonfire
Keenspot Mac Daddy

Postby Spectre_General on Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:08 pm

Damn. I was looking forward to the rebuttal.
Spectre_General
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Tenma on Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:15 pm

carsonfire wrote:That bit may be more in reference to Avalon, but what little I know of the Avalon situation, it's not particularly fair, either. Juggling work and revenue and webcomics is difficult; this certainly shouldn't be a surprise to David Willis.

I doubt it's a reference to Avalon... DW and Josh have always been on good terms, and I don't think anyone's expecting any new Avalon comics, since he officially ended the series a while back.

Spectre_General wrote:I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. So I'll pretend you're not.

Nope. I don't read many webcomics, so I'm completely uninformed when it comes to this sort of thing. Also, I hadn't yet visited the NS forum.

(Rated WEB-MA for Strong Language and Sexuality)

Check out the Treading Ground ComicGenesis Forum!
Tenma
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ringading on Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:43 am

The excitable part of me is more interested in the possibilities of that tongue. I guess planet-breasted catgirl does make for a better punchline than rope-tongued froggirl though.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Return to Shortpacked!