[2/7/05] - Transform!

One funny strip per case of 12!

Moderator: Walky

[2/7/05] - Transform!

Postby MSpencer on Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:33 pm

The age-old battle of good versus evil continues and Megatron still can't get any respect. :P
MSpencer
Junior Keenspotter

Postby TruLifeGuy on Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:44 pm

I think I've finally decided no other Megatron's been a handgun not because of child safety/anti-gun/other PC reason, but because it's just about useless in combat. On that logic alone, Shockwave really should have been Decepticon leader.
An unbreakable toy is good for breaking other toys.
The only plug you'll see outta me.
TruLifeGuy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ganthorion on Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:39 am

It could have been worse, Willis could have gone with the old 'huge gun' joke ;) (or worse "Is that a Megatron in your pocket...") Shockwave also had a physics defying transformation, but strangely was also a much better shot then A TRANSFORMING GUN!!!

One great thing with the original Megatron toy was that you could transform him and STILL play with him in other games like War and Cops & Robbers... or anything involving a gun really :P

Unfortunately for my brother (the official owner), the flimsiness that was his arms broke within days of play, and we couldn't get a replacement because the store literally couldn't get any back in stock. Although I could get a replacement Optimus after I accidently broke his head off. I still have my original replacement (now completely 'battle ravaged' from nearly a decade of abuse... I mean play) and refuse to part with it :D

No other handgun? what about Galvatron (still technically a Megatron)?... then again voiced by Leonard Nimoy in the movie and had that kewl 'tripod' (or whatever you can call it) mode which blasted Starscream into charcoal made him instantly Awesome(TM) ;)
Fanboy Crossing Missing, presumed Inhumed.
Ganthorion
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby GUIGUI on Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:29 pm

Ok, I don't know where your memories have been hiding, but Shockwave was aGUN TOO.
Give the french fries back to Belgium!
GUIGUI
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: Belgium, the true land of the french fries (no it's not the france, trust me)

Postby TruLifeGuy on Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:03 pm

Oh, I know. It's just that I also seem to remember, in the cartoons and comics, Galvatron and Shockwave were the same size in gun mode as they were in robot mode. Makes them much more useful, and much less likely to be brandished by a two-bit hood running amok in a poorly represented Portland, OR.
An unbreakable toy is good for breaking other toys.
The only plug you'll see outta me.
TruLifeGuy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Ganthorion on Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:36 pm

TruLifeGuy wrote:Makes them much more useful, and much less likely to be brandished by a two-bit hood running amok in a poorly represented Portland, OR.

ROFL... although scarily enough, they would still be banned over here (and the Galvatron toy didn't even look remotely plausible for a handgun)

And I actually meant Soundwave instead of Shockwave (I can't believe I made such a bad mistake... Shockwave kicked ass as much, if not more then Soundwave) :oops: but I don't recall if Shockwave shrank or not, but it's been a while since I watched the original series (and I can't afford the DVD collections :evil: ) Thanks for the pics, it's nice to see an unbroken vintage megatron... something I STILL wish they would rerelease.
Fanboy Crossing Missing, presumed Inhumed.
Ganthorion
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Walky on Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:56 pm

Shockwave's got better things to do with his time than be a gun these days:

http://transformers.hp.infoseek.co.jp/c ... 184752.jpg

BOOYAH!
Walky
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ringading on Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:42 pm

Ganthorion wrote:No other handgun? what about Galvatron (still technically a Megatron)?... then again voiced by Leonard Nimoy in the movie and had that kewl 'tripod' (or whatever you can call it) mode which blasted Starscream into charcoal made him instantly Awesome(TM) ;)

Best part of the movie. "Megatron? Is that you?" "Here's a hint:" *blam*

I've been taking type-acting lessons.
Ringading
Keenspot Despot

Postby X-BoB58 on Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:53 am

then he gets a bout of injsanaty strong enough to render HotRod a threat,
X-BoB58
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby The Immortal Infidel on Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:31 pm

Hey! I used to have a shockwave. The elbow joint made it a very awkward gun. Don't think I've ever seen a floppy barrel on a gun....
The Immortal Infidel
Keenspot Despot

Return to Shortpacked!