[1/21] Eye-contact

One funny strip per case of 12!

Moderator: Walky

[1/21] Eye-contact

Postby HavenTWaters on Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:13 pm

OH HELL YEAH!! (any similarities to MagusDraco over at NS are purely and totally non-coincidental. Yeah same person)
Back again. Again.
HavenTWaters
Keenspot Despot

Postby TruLifeGuy on Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:15 pm

I know I would have wanted someone with Robin's speed around when it came time to clean the store at midnight during December. Right now, though, I just want to smack her. I can realate to Amber here, unfortunately.

This must be taking place shortly after SEMME broke up. I know of no retail establishments that would hire anybody during the January doldrums.
An unbreakable toy is good for breaking other toys.
The only plug you'll see outta me.
TruLifeGuy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Unknowner on Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:53 pm

I have but two words to express my feelings on this strip:

"Aw YEEEEEEE!" :lol:

Robin was one of my fave IW! chars, and one that didn't get enough panel-time for my liking (she did, after all, come in really late). Now, to see her happyluckyfunnygoodness in SP.... it almost makes the hideous flu-induced headache go away completely.

One thing that always bugged me, tho' - after Robin's first appearance, she said that SEMME was cooler than "cream cheese soda in a jar". Should we assume that she's a Jones Soda fan?
~U

Come to the DARK SIDE...
we have cookies and punch!

<http://unknowner.deviantart.com>
Unknowner
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: [1/21] Eye-contact

Postby DarkShive on Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:21 pm

HavenTWaters wrote:OH HELL YEAH!!

Dammit, that's what I came here to say!
El Goonish Shive - My Deviant Art Page
"Those shoes are definitely bi-curious." - Jack Donaghy, 30 Rock
DarkShive
Meddling Squirrel

Location: Burn the land and boil the sea; you can't take the sky from me...

Postby Nick 101 on Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:36 pm

Why am I not surprised? :D
AKA - NinjaNick, Proud Member and Head Ninja of the People Who Hate People Club!
My Livejournal - my DA gallery
Nick 101
Keenspot Despot

Postby asp55 on Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:06 am

Well I must say that I am quite glad that Robin is showing up but at the same time...

David wrote:This comic strip series takes place in the same universe as my previous efforts, Roomies! and It's Walky!. But for the most part that won't really make a difference. There are two characters from those works that will, eventually, regularly appear here, but they're baggage-free! This is a clean slate, folks.

...kinda makes me sad. I mean if she, and whoever else shows up, are "baggage-free" that means no abducty super powers...oh well, it's Robin, which is cool none the less.

So HURRAY!
asp55
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Adarael on Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:10 am

Do not doubt the Willis. He will make you writhe with agony and wonder, just as with It's Walky.

Besides. I always thought Robin kicked major ass, and wished she had more 'panel time' in general.

Rock.
-Adarael, Patron Angel of Tuesday
"There exists no strange beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon
Adarael
Junior Keenspotter

Postby BOMC on Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:10 am

Hehehehehe... This reminds me of my acting class.

"Ok class, make eye contact. Now, hold each other's face. Now hug... none of those 'pat pat pat' hugs, full hugs! Ok, let go. Did that make you uncomfortable? Yes? Well, let's do it again then!"
BOMC
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Stroud on Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:00 pm

There will never be any leftover doughnuts in the staff room again.

Ever.
zuh?
Stroud
Junior Keenspotter

Postby showler on Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:01 pm

asp55 wrote:if she, and whoever else shows up, are "baggage-free" that means no abducty super powers

Why? He said baggage free, meaning no long involved backstory, not history free. I suspect she'll still be zippy, and that we will get to see how the public views the decommisioned SEMMEites.
No trees were killed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were terribly inconvenienced." - anonymous

"Please. I have had too much of the stupid today. Please wait until tomorrow to say these things so my tolerance has refreshed." - Umya New Gold Dreams
showler
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Bobthespirit on Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:06 pm

Robin's only 'super power' was immense speed, and if she retained that I wouldn't exactly call it 'baggage'. Just...Robin is a character who really has no contact with any of the other characters.

The identity of the second Walky character who might show up? From the toy angle you might think 'Joe' but now that Joe showing up would also probably require Rachel, and Joe is certainly not baggage-less with Robin, I would say it probably isn't Joe.

It's obviously not Walky, Joyce, Sal, or Jason..or Danny and Billie for that matter. Howard? His personality would fit rather well in a toy-oriented strip and he could easily be separated from the other Roomies characters. And he also doesn't know Robin, so there would be no baggage with her.

That's my prediction. Howard.
Bobthespirit
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Brian on Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:56 pm

Howard would be fun. But Daniel the dog would be JAWSOME. ;)
Brian
Keenspot Despot

Postby Yamcha Hibiki on Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:26 pm

All I have to say about Robin being in Shortpacked! is:

I <3 You, Willis!
Yamcha Hibiki
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Shortpacked!