Shivae.Com Forums Broken

There's dice. And maybe an alien.

Moderator: Syke

Shivae.Com Forums Broken

Postby Syke on Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:52 pm

I tried to upgrade them and even though I was careful... I managed to copy over a file that I shouldn't have and now I don't know how to fix it so that it recognizes the correct mysql database. :/ I don't want to try anything else until I can afford the $70 for a one year liscense so I can get some technical help... :/ I also don't have time to work on it until after August 20th....
Last edited by Syke on Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
--Syke/Tiffany Ross--
<<<<Currently>>>>
Shivae Studios-- -- http://shivae.net
Home of Shivae!, Cyantians and aliens... and up and coming vampires and werecreatures!
Syke
Keenspot Despot

Postby Marcos on Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:04 pm

Does that mean we'll be getting a huge influx here?
Marcos
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Syke on Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:10 pm

Until I figure out how to fix this:

The following errors must be rectified before continuing!
Please go back and try again!

Table 'ibf_forum_perms' already exists

Yes.
Syke
Keenspot Despot

Postby Syke on Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:06 am

Ok... I have the database backed up and on my harddrive. I'm having issues getting it uploaded. keeps timing out so if it doesn't work now, I'll try again in the evening. Then I'm going to run the upgrade script ONE more time. If that doesn't work,... I'm going to try a different upgrade script... if that doesn't work,.. I'm going to go back to the old forum version and put up a new forum on another database so we won't lose anything.. You'll still have the old forum...

The big issue is this. With the PHP upgrade, it, images uploaded were corrupted and worse... NEW PEOPLE CANNOT REGISTER ANYMORE!!!!!
--Syke/Tiffany Ross--
<<<<Currently>>>>
Home of Shivae!, Cyantians and aliens... and up and coming vampires and werecreatures!
Syke
Keenspot Despot

Postby Syke on Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:17 pm

I'm going to register the board as soon as I get enough donations... *yes, I've gotten more donations than it costs.. but that money has already gone for medications/groceries/bills.*
--Syke/Tiffany Ross--
<<<<Currently>>>>
Syke
Keenspot Despot

Postby Syke on Sat Aug 07, 2004 3:36 pm

Ok here's the plan. I will be registering the boards on Friday when I get paid, which means they'll be back up by Monday. *I miss my boards.*

If I manage to get $100 in donations between now and then, it'll go toward a lifetime registration so we don't run into this problem in the future, if not, I'm adding banner ads on and off to help make up that money, NO POPUPS/UNDERS. I hate those things.

I actually went in.. line for line, editing, deleting, adding mysql lines per the stupid upgrade's request until I got bored of entering 20 commands, then having to start over to add ONE more... like it was going to go on forever.. which took up two hours this morning because I really wanted to fix the boards. :/ There was NOTHING in the installation instructions on this occurring.. well.. I guess it did what it was meant to. I have no choice but to register the board now.

The good thing is... the new board... is awesome. AND I've learned how to backup the database!!!
--Syke/Tiffany Ross--
<<<<Currently>>>>
Syke
Keenspot Despot

Return to Alien Dice