Cant log into Warpkeen

The forum for PREEMIES to feel special, give feedback, talk about PREMIUM, and generally feel snootier than the freeloaders. Only PREMIUM subscribers may post, but all may read.

Cant log into Warpkeen

Postby data9724 on Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:19 pm

I seem to have some problems with Warpkeen. I can log into the normal Keenspot and remove the banners no problem (btw, you should maybe make a login menu or something, i had to go to the forums to find the URL for the login page), and after logging in i click on the Warpkeen link, and get over to the Warpkeen page, but my password dont work over there for some reason.

Any chance you cuold look into it? Account name are data9724.

Thanks in advance.
data9724
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Gav on Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:51 pm

Sorry for the late reply.

It often takes a few hours after a new account has been created for it to be available at Warpkeen. We also had some problems with Warpkeen synchronization at the beginning of the month. If you are still having problems, let us know.
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
(Nukees, an atomic comic)
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Postby data9724 on Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:46 am

Well, ATM its been almost 3 months, since March 4th, and i still dont have access to Warpkeen.

Anyone got any good tips on what to do? I tried the following.

This post.
Sending a private message to Gav, who answered this post originally
Mailed Teri who send me the welcome email
Mailed Nate, whos listed as the guy to mail in the FAQ for Premium accounts.

anyone got any other good ideas on what to do to get attention from anyone at Keenspot so i can get access to Warpkeen?
data9724
Junior Keenspotter

Postby damp_dave on Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:54 am

Unfortunately, Warpkeen is kaput at the moment. They had a hard drive failure or some such, and have been down for quite a few days.

Usually a PM to Gav, or an email to Teri, has gotten me results relatively quickly. Or an email to keenspot@keenspot.com .

Dunno what else to try. :(

--dd
"I'll take a ride through Beverly Hills, just before dawn
And knock the little jockeys off the rich peoples' lawn
And before they get up, I'll be gone, I'll be gone..." --FZ
damp_dave
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby data9724 on Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:32 pm

Well, tried a email to the adress listed in the FAQ for Keenspot premium, and tried to get it to reset my password, still no luck.
Guess its no Warpkeen for me then, tried all email addresses i could find now :(
data9724
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Gav on Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:50 pm

data9724 wrote:Well, tried a email to the adress listed in the FAQ for Keenspot premium, and tried to get it to reset my password, still no luck.
Guess its no Warpkeen for me then, tried all email addresses i could find now :(

What's your PREMIUM account name?
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Postby data9724 on Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:58 pm

My premium account name is data9724 (same as on forums).
data9724
Junior Keenspotter

Postby data9724 on Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:08 pm

Oh well, still no access to Warpkeen. Almost half a year now. Oh well, the main thing i payed for, the annonying popup adds are gone at least.
Guess ill try to let my subscription run out then register a new account at another email adress next time, that might get it working.
data9724
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Gav on Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:30 pm

data9724 wrote:Oh well, still no access to Warpkeen. Almost half a year now. Oh well, the main thing i payed for, the annonying popup adds are gone at least.
Guess ill try to let my subscription run out then register a new account at another email adress next time, that might get it working.

Hey, sorry about that! You had a peculiar knack of complaining at precisely the same time that some server of ours would explode or something. If you want, we can probably credit your account a few months in compensation or something. Teri can take care of that if you want to email her.

I've done my best to fix your account (I didn't program it, so there's a learning curve for me to work on it). It should use the same password that you use for PREMIUM. If you don't remember that, I'll send it to you in a PM. It seems when you first log in, you get a message that says your account is corrupted and the preferences must be reset. Nate must have put that in when there was a database corruption. I'll have to change that to the proper message, indicating that it's a new account and the preferences must be set.

Just to check that it was working, I set your preferences. I found that the error handling of Warpkeen is pretty atrocious. If you don't enter any comics, it tells you that you failed to select a Warp Factor. That confused me for a while. Guess that's yet another thing I'll have to work on.

Finally, I entered a comic and a Warp Factor and it seemed fine. All this is just explanation why, when you log in for the first time, Nukees will pop up on your home screen. ;) Just go to "Preferences" to change that--though I don't encourage deleting it entirely. :P
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Postby data9724 on Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:25 pm

Yay, thanks Gav, finally it works :)
Nice feature actually, might end up using that mostly, and just checking the main pages once a week for the news.

No need for compensation, mainly registered to get rid of the install popups, and that worked form day 1 :)

Tried to add some comics, seems to work fine enough at first look, past midnight here, so not doing a throughout test :)
data9724
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Keenspot PREMIUM