Ads when clicking links in forums

The forum for PREEMIES to feel special, give feedback, talk about PREMIUM, and generally feel snootier than the freeloaders. Only PREMIUM subscribers may post, but all may read.

Ads when clicking links in forums

Postby AntiEntropy on Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:23 pm

Sometimes I get ads after clicking on a link in a forum, most notably when I click the "back to forum" link at the bottom of the thread (In this forum it would be labeled "Keenspot PREMIUM").

Right now I'm getting an ad with some woman's bare midrift, so I'm not too upset, but as soon as I get some flashing text I'm going to be screaming! ;-)
Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
Hotspur: Why so can I, or so can any man, but will they come when you call for them?
AntiEntropy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Gav on Mon Oct 07, 2002 6:34 pm

We're having a few high-load server kernel problems that I don't want to get into at this point, but it appears every so often some CGI crashes instead of running. Thus the PREMIUM cookie may not be correctly read and decoded. We're investigating updating the kernel to solve the situation, but we're being careful because "upgrading" often brings more bugs with it, so bear with us.
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
(Nukees, an atomic comic)
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Postby Gav on Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:38 am

While the server problems I mentioned have not been completely repaired, per se, they have been, shall we say, "mitigated." I don't believe the problems you've mentioned should continue to any significant degree.
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
(Nukees, an atomic comic)
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Return to Keenspot PREMIUM