What's happened, of late...

Lusty robotic mayhem from the creator of JOE AVERAGE!

Moderator: Aaron M. Holm, esquire

What's happened, of late...

Postby Aaron M. Holm, esquire on Fri Jun 21, 2002 7:20 am

Hey, all.

Just wanted to give you a situation update, since a lot of you haven't read my LJ lately, and I figured this might be another way of getting the word out.

Two weeks ago, my Computer had a debilitating stroke, and would addle through even the most simple functions as if it was supposed to take weeks to change the damn desktop background. So, I had to take it to the Mom & Pop Computer repair shop to get the hard drive wiped and start over from scratch. It's been since repaired, although the repair guy said that he wasn't able to get my modem up & working again... And, the driver disk to my scanner is MIA. Subsequently, strips are drawn and ready to put up, but at this point, I can neither scan, upload, or even post up a notice on the site that I can't meet deadline, due to technical problems, which is yet another reason why I'm once again behind.

I hate to keep making excuses for myself. I hate that I'm not able to be consistent because real life keeps getting in the way. More is going on than I'm even telling you all, and I gotta tell you that it's really hard to keep being jazzed up about doing strips that are costing me more than I'm getting in return and are sucking up what little bits of free time I have. I'm sorry that my stuff tends to be disappointing to you all because of my continued absences and flubs. I AM working on strips, and I DO plan on returning, once I get these problems solved. I do this stuff because I love drawing and enjoy sharing my work with others, and I WILL get back on that horse, once again. :cry:
Mr. Holm is personally responsible for the quality of his comics. If you and your friends aren't completely and utterly entertained by any of his comics, it may result in his being booted from Keenspot. This will dishonor his family, which he can only restore by taking his own life with a sword.
--------------------------------------------
Sex & Violence * Joe Average
Aaron M. Holm, esquire
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby CougRon on Sat Jun 22, 2002 11:34 pm

Bummer....

Well as long as your using your 'free time' to build up a nice reserve of future strips once you do get back up....

I understand that Jeff Darlington of GPF started predrawing his strips, partially in anticipation of his current storying and is now about 8 to 12 weeks ahead on his strips....
Ronald Kinion aka CougRon aka The Shadow
aka "He who Lurks a Lot and Posts little"

"Dang it, I've Lost my signature again!"
CougRon
Keenspotter Supreme

No worries

Postby Vusal Oussmtor on Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:43 pm

As long as your not dead or something, then I will not worry about the delays. I just want to keep reading your comic, and as long as your still planning on doing it then I will keep checking back.
Vusal Oussmtor

Postby Aaron M. Holm, esquire on Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:24 pm

OK, here's an update.

We're on the right track now!

I've got my modem working again, so getting the scanner to work shouldn't be too far behind. Thanks to everyone who's stuck with me during this current mess.

- A.
Aaron M. Holm, esquire
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Help if I can...

Postby Kain_9 on Fri Jul 05, 2002 5:46 pm

Dude both my wife and I find your strips to be damn funny and although I can't draw stick figures myself, I see the effort my son expends on his work. So tell ya what. Tell me what kinda scanner you got and I'll look for the drivers for ya. Seems the least I can do. Well not the least, plenty enough ppl doing that already apparently. Heck might even get lucky and have it turn out you use a scanner I already have drivers for...
Kain_9

Postby Aaron M. Holm, esquire on Mon Jul 08, 2002 9:58 am

OK, here's a NEW update.

Scanner's working again! Everything's in running order. All I need to do now is get my uploading info again from the 'Spot Mucka-Mucks, and I'll be back to updating again this week!

Thanks to everyone who's been behind me on this. I really appreciate this and the fact that I'm back again is because of your support.

Cheers,

- A.
Aaron M. Holm, esquire
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

YAY!

Postby Guest on Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:48 pm

:D

Postby zodo on Mon Jul 15, 2002 6:27 pm

And there was much rejoicing...

Yay.

-Zodo, CI
Consummate Troublemaker
King of the Tonja Steele forum!
zodo
Keenspotter Supreme

My perseverance has been rewarded...

Postby Guest on Wed Jul 17, 2002 4:44 am

:D

YAY!!!

Postby Guest on Thu Jul 18, 2002 1:08 pm

YAY! Only checked be BB after I checked the strip's page and spotted the new one!!! It's been worth the long wait (as ecpected). Wonderfull! Keep it up! Please

Return to Sex & Violence