mine too
myriah the pariah
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Major Tom on Thu Mar 07, 2002 8:14 am

YEA! And now, Dogs Playing POOL!
Major Tom
Keenspot Deity

Postby Corax on Sat Mar 09, 2002 11:36 am

They're dogs... and they're PLAYING POKER! AAAAH! AAH! AHAHAHA! *runs around screaming*
Corax
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Dana Scully on Mon Mar 11, 2002 2:54 am

You people don't look at enough art.<P>I thought something like Bosch's
<a href="http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/bosch/delight/delightr.jpg">Garden of Earthly Delights</a> or perhaps something by <a href="http://www.ibiblio.org/wm/paint/auth/goya/goya.saturn-son.jpg">Goya</a> would've suited your readership a little better, Lee.<P>Dana,
I'm an Art Historian. Don't tempt me.
Dana Scully
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Dana Scully on Tue Mar 12, 2002 2:38 am

Um, I'm sorry Corax but, <b>what are you talking about</b>? I'm not trying to say that Goya or Bosch would've worked better for that comic. I think it's a pretty <b>obvious</b> joke, actually. Rather, I was saying that I expected something a little more SHOCK and a little less ROCK may have suited the tastes of Lee's audience.<P>In the meantime, don't try to suck up to Lee just because you know that he HATEs me. I'm so <b>over</b> that. That was so <b>yesterday</b>.<P>Dana.
Dana Scully
Junior Keenspotter

Postby mouse on Tue Mar 12, 2002 3:18 am

*carefully avoiding any comment on suitability of art in comic*
i would think the bosch has possibilities - i'm pretty sure that's a spleen up near the top.<P>------------------
capitalization is the opiate of the masses.<p>[This message has been edited by mouse (edited 03-12-2002).]
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby Lee Herold on Tue Mar 12, 2002 4:30 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mouse:
<B>*carefully avoiding any comment on suitability of art in comic*
i would think the bosch has possibilities - i'm pretty sure that's a spleen up near the top.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It may actually be a *piece* of spleen. Bosch USED spleens as brushes! ---little known fact.
Lee Herold
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby NornaGest on Tue Mar 12, 2002 6:23 am

.....no fault of mine!
NornaGest
Keenspot Despot

Postby jeremiahsmith on Tue Mar 12, 2002 9:50 am

Spleens are so handy. Everyone should have one around the house for various purposes.<P>You know, if you ever decided to make t-shirts, for some reason, you could put a spleen on it.
jeremiahsmith
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Corax on Tue Mar 12, 2002 11:29 am

I think dogs playing poker actually works pretty well. Everything about the painting would be perfectly normal except for one altered detail: dogs instead of people. Butch would be your average Joe but for the fact that he kills people as a hobby. And that one detail makes all the difference. In the background, you see dogs inserted into a game of poker. In the foreground, you see what happens when you insert Butch into a game of poker. It made sense to me, at least. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be his house or what, but I think Butch is the type who'd hang that on his wall. <p>[This message has been edited by Corax (edited 03-12-2002).]
Corax
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lee Herold on Tue Mar 12, 2002 12:04 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Corax:
<B>I think dogs playing poker actually works pretty well. Everything about the painting would be perfectly normal except for one altered detail: dogs instead of people. Butch would be your average Joe but for the fact that he kills people as a hobby. And that one detail makes all the difference. In the background, you see dogs inserted into a game of poker. In the foreground, you see what happens when you insert Butch into a game of poker. It made sense to me, at least. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be his house or what, but I think Butch is the type who'd hang that on his wall. <P>[This message has been edited by Corax (edited 03-12-2002).]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><B>THANK YOU</B>, Corax!<P>Phhbbblltt to you, Scully. I HATE you.<P><P>------------------
---Lee
<A HREF="http://www.choppingblock.org" TARGET=_blank>Chopping Block</A>
...He knows you're online.
Lee Herold
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby mouse on Wed Mar 13, 2002 12:45 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lee Herold:
<B> It may actually be a *piece* of spleen. Bosch USED spleens as brushes! ---little known fact.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>
this one looks more like a bagpipe - that's how i recognized it. (brush info does explain some of the color scheme, though)
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby Michael on Thu Mar 14, 2002 7:23 pm

On 2002-03-12 11:29:00, Corax wrote:
In the background, you see dogs inserted into a game of poker. In the foreground, you see what happens when you insert Butch into a game of poker.

Wow. Nice analysis.
<A HREF="http://www.vivtek.com/toonbots/" TARGET=_blank>Toonbots.</A> Only the coolest of people like it. You want to be cool, don't you?
Michael
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Chopping Block