Ghoul Pool 2001-- Final Tally

Have youhugged a psycho killer today?

Moderator: Lee Herold

Postby Lord Emsworth on Tue Jan 01, 2002 2:37 am

First, nice to see the return of Chopping Block today, as we enter this new year.<P>Now that 2001 has come to a close, , we can reflect on the many notable personages who passed away in the last year, ranging from actors such as Dorothy McGuire, best known for playing mothers in such films as <I>Swiss Family Robinson</I> and <I>Old Yeller</I>, "Garfield" voice actor Lorenzo Music, and Sir Nigel Hawthorne, to artists like "Heathcliff" creator George Gately, "Discworld" illustrator Paul Kidd, and animator Ray Patterson, who worked on Tom and Jerry and Pluto shorts and animated elephants for <I>Fantasia</I> and clowns for <I>Dumbo</I>. All have passed on... and none were chosen for <A HREF="http://www.altbrand.com/ghoulpool/pool.html" TARGET=_blank>The Ghoul Pool</A>. <P>However, a few of the people chosen for the Ghoul Pool list actually *did* expire sometime during the year, namely the following:<P>
Baseball player Willie Stargell (died March 9, 2001)--- chosen by Matt Trepal) <P>Actor/comedian Jack Lemmon (May 27, 2001)--- chosen by both Caroline Guigar *and* Aric McKeown<P>Radio actor Raymond Edward Johnson (Aug. 15 2001)-- chosen by myself<P> Former "Beatles" band member George Harrison (Nov. 29, 2001)--- chosen by JadeWEAPN8<P>And that seems to be it, at least from those famous names listed on the Ghoul Pool page as it stands. M. Herold, I'll leave it to you to name any other known departures I may have missed, before this contest eventually goes the way of the aforementioned individuals. <P>
Lord Emsworth
Keenspot Despot

Postby Lee Herold on Tue Jan 01, 2002 4:49 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lord Emsworth:
<B>And that seems to be it, at least from those famous names listed on the Ghoul Pool page as it stands. M. Herold, I'll leave it to you to name any other known departures I may have missed, before this contest eventually goes the way of the aforementioned individuals.
</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thankee, m'Lord. We are now in SUDDEN DEATH mode. The next of the above-mentioned individuals with a death on their list is the winner. All other contestants will receive a lovely parting gift. Johnny, tell them what they've won...
Lee Herold
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Chopping Block