Posted on Behalf of Mepitans

Have youhugged a psycho killer today?

Moderator: Lee Herold

Postby ConcreteLobotomy on Fri Oct 26, 2001 10:48 am

Because he says that he is unable to post due to some trouble or another.<P>'This has to be my favorite of any comic you have ever done. A whole, however long it was, leading up to you bashing the fuck out of Penny Arcade. I hate that comic so much. Not only because it is unfunny, but mainly because my gamer friends find it so funny. They say people don't understand it. But I explain the comic to them, then explain why it is not funny. And they keep on liking it! Every Penny Arcade comic pretty much boils down to "Video Game reference!" "Unfunny reply to video game reference" "Lets go play Quake 3!". For some reason people find it funny because they think they are 'getting' it. But they are just 'getting' an unfunny reference. People 'get' math. MATH IS NOT FUNNY. '
--Mepitans the Robot Pirate<P>And I definitely second that. I couldn't even make it through the end without wiping tears away and forcing myself to stop laughing so that the text would stop shaking.<P>-=ConcreteLobotomy=-
ConcreteLobotomy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Lee Herold on Sat Oct 27, 2001 2:53 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ConcreteLobotomy:
<B>bashing the fuck out of Penny Arcade</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Uh... Even though I guess my rant DOES seem to describe PA, I actually don't mind it so much, and Tycho seems like a decent guy. <P>I'm glad you guys liked it, but... well, you'll see.
<P>------------------
---Lee
<A HREF="http://www.choppingblock.org" TARGET=_blank>Chopping Block</A>
...He knows you're online.
Lee Herold
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ConcreteLobotomy on Sat Oct 27, 2001 4:48 am

I never said I had any problem with the creator of Penny Arcade. I just really dislike the comic. And I really hate when people tell me it's because it's "Too inside" or that I "Don't get it." I am on the inside of gaming, and I do get it. Getting it doesn't help it become more humorous. Sort of like Anthrax.<P>-=ConcreteLobotomy=-
ConcreteLobotomy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Michael on Sun Oct 28, 2001 9:29 am

PA <I>the comic</I> is nothing great for me personally. I like the drawing style a lot, but it's essentially an editorial cartoon for the gaming industry, and it embodies a certain attitude. (Wang.) The PA rants, though, are classic humor.<P>What Lee is doing is something different again. The whole gaming-comic genre is really irritating to the serious Web cartoon artist. (Yes, I'm suppressing a giggle here.)<P>And this storyline is hands-down the funniest thing Lee Herold has ever done. I keep rereading it. It's genius.<P>------------------
<A HREF="http://www.vivtek.com/toonbots/" TARGET=_blank>Toonbots.</A> Only the coolest of people like it. You want to be cool, don't you?
Michael
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Chopping Block