Greetings!

Private Eye Frank Chase and his partner/dog Max are on the case!

Moderator: Milligan

Postby Just Chris on Mon Aug 20, 2001 10:26 am

Hello Everyone,<P> I just discovered Lost & Found a few days ago and it's a fantastic strip. <P>I read the entire archive in a single sitting. Well worth the time. <P>Some general questions,<P>In this world, can all animals talk and can all humans understand them? On the Sunday, July 15, 2001 strip, Frank's contacts with animals seems to be seen as unusal.<P>
<P>------------------
A man who fears the unknown will one day take fright at his own backside---Captain Sinbad
Just Chris
Junior Keenspotter

Postby AccordionDad on Tue Aug 21, 2001 8:47 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Just Chris:
<B>I just discovered Lost & Found a few days ago...read the entire archive in a single sitting. Well worth the time. <P>Some general questions,<P>In this world, can all animals talk and can all humans understand them? On the Sunday, July 15, 2001 strip, Frank's contacts with animals seems to be seen as unusal.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
(Just Chris's posting has been edited)<P>Welcome, Chris, to our little universe. I'm glad to see you agree with our official position that Lost and Found is the single greatest comedic creation since Ishtar.<P>I am not the official greeter for this site, but I would like to address your thoughtful question about all humans understanding animals. In fact, this is the portion of the strip that is reality-based. The strip's creator has long been able to communicate with animals, and dogs in particular. In fact, when unmedicated, he can speak with ferrets, mud daubers, and (occassionally) New York Jets fans. But he's very creative and a heckuva swell guy, so we just smile, and don't talk about it a lot at family functions.<P>(Kidding, Matty, Kidding. Haven't posted in a while and my blood is up.)<P>Welcome, Chris. Feel free to drop in anytime. Just don't say anything to get on Padre's bad side....<P>Yours truly (if not quite truthfully),
A-Dad<P>PS: I wonder what Yoda and Buffy have to say about talking to dogs.....<P>------------------
Leave the world better than you found it.
AccordionDad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Milligan on Wed Aug 22, 2001 12:44 am

That's it.<P>I gotta remember to turn the computer off when I leave for work. I just hope Yoda doesn't figure out how to boot up the system.<P>BTW, Chris, Yoda is my pet chihuahua on which Peanut is based. Except yoda has a European accent like that of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog from Late Night with Conan O'Brian. Peanut doesn't have an accent that I'm aware of.<P><P>------------------
--Matt<P>Go read <A HREF="http://www.lostandfoundcomic.com" TARGET=_blank>Lost & Found Investigations</A> Already!
Milligan
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Padre on Wed Aug 22, 2001 4:54 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Just don't say anything to get on Padre's bad side....<P>Yours truly (if not quite truthfully),
A-Dad<P>PS: I wonder what Yoda and Buffy have to say about talking to dogs.....<P>[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well, well, well...
Potshots at the Padre time, eh?<P>I bet the head cheese, er, mouse is using ice racing motorcycle tires and tries to make swiss cheese out of Peanut. Sounds like a good penance for repentant accordion players.<P>Yoda has already blasted me once for saying that dogs can talk. Any further response, Yoda dearest?<P>Where is the World War One Flying Ace when you need him?<P>I'll even settle for the defense of an overweight, shedding orange fur lasagna-loving cat.<P>I'd prefer to Max out with the world's best ace detective - and if he wants to bring Frank along, that's okay, too!<P>Peace, love, granola!
Padre<P>
Padre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Yoda on Wed Aug 22, 2001 7:50 am

Okay-<P>Dere are a lot of information in de' past couple of posts, andt I will try to comment on every one of them . . . except Padre's, not worth my time. I mean c'mon . . . I could be playing with a rawhide bode that is twice de' size of me, or throwing a little stuffed Simba
Yoda
Junior Keenspotter

Postby AccordionDad on Wed Aug 22, 2001 8:15 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Padre:
<B> Well, well, well...
Potshots at the Padre time, eh?<P>I bet the head cheese, er, mouse is using ice racing motorcycle tires and tries to make swiss cheese out of Peanut. Sounds like a good penance for repentant accordion players.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>OK, I don't understand why you want head cheese in your pot or rat -- I mean, chihuahua parts in your swiss cheese, but that's up to you, I suppose.<P>As for repentant accordionists? That's like asking for a regretful exhibitionist. Once you strap the squeezebox on, there's no point in looking back, and no room for contrition. But if you insist, I'll play you the Swiss Cheese Polka when I see you....<P>PS: When I was learning to pronounce long words, I sounded chihuahua out as Chee-who-a-who-a. Needless to say, I was a hit at parties without understanding why...<P><P>------------------
Leave the world better than you found it.
AccordionDad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Lost and Found Investigations