Whines, Winges and Complaints

Private Eye Frank Chase and his partner/dog Max are on the case!

Moderator: Milligan

Postby AccordionDad on Mon Jul 09, 2001 6:37 am

Great. Another parody of a movie I've not seen. How about a nice sendup of Singin in the Rain? Or The Quiet Man? Movies that people without cable and a babysitter get to see from time to time, you know?<P>And how come I can't get that hat to show up on my screen in the L&F store? I was all set to buy it, but I'd kinda like to SEE it first!<P>And why is it that I'm afraid to say anything that even remotely pokes fun at my Church, but my favorite priest can rewrite hymns as infomercials with a clear conscience? (OK: This one I know. I'm an uptight broomhandle. Got it. Move along.)<P>And why is it that I'm talking to myself as I type this up? And why is it that I'm listenting? And why is it that I have to sit in a high chair at the dinner table? No, wait, that's not me.<P>OK. I feel better. Thanks for listening. I'll go back to my room, now.
<P>------------------
Leave the world better than you found it.
AccordionDad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MisterP on Mon Jul 09, 2001 8:25 am

And why is it that a bunch of mice are being transported on a solitary crate on a tractor trailer? There's got to be some animal rights law against that. And why are there mutated mice running around on motocycles freeing them? Where did they GET the motorcycles? Um, I've run out of questions.<P>------------------
<A HREF="http://breakpointcity.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Breakpoint City!</A> I don't draw it, but my friend does.
MisterP
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Johnski333 on Tue Jul 10, 2001 1:33 am

Hey hey hey-<P>I think "consomm
Johnski333
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby AccordionDad on Tue Jul 10, 2001 7:08 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Padre:
I'm hurt. Deeply offended. I thought I was your favorite priest. Now you have another that is so greatly talented so as to rewrite hymns as infomercials? I am mortally; nay, rather make it venially wounded.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ummm, did someone post that "Amazing Max" lyric sheet under your name? You still my man, Padre.<P>Venially wounded -- you're killing me! "Forgive me Padre, for I have punned. It's been 26 postings since my last confession...."<P>------------------
Leave the world better than you found it.
AccordionDad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Padre on Tue Jul 10, 2001 7:34 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AccordionDad:
<B>And why is it that I'm afraid to say anything that even remotely pokes fun at my Church, but my favorite priest can rewrite hymns as infomercials with a clear conscience? (OK: This one I know. I'm an uptight broomhandle. Got it. Move along.)
</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm hurt. Deeply offended. I thought I was your favorite priest. Now you have another that is so greatly talented so as to rewrite hymns as infomercials? I am mortally; nay, rather make it venially wounded.
And how about that add for Planet Services that had the picture of the priest saying, "you know, paying too much for phone service is a real sin" Talk about being exploited!
And did you know there is s new priest wine? "Collections are down!" (oops, I guess that's "whine". This is better as an aural joke.)
Thanks for letting me respond.
Padre
--------------------------------------------
Why did the faithful Catholic always drop to his knees in the produce aisle at watering time? "Lettuce Spray!" (Let us pray)
<p>[This message has been edited by Padre (edited 07-10-2001).]
Padre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Milligan on Tue Jul 10, 2001 10:11 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AccordionDad:
<B>Great. Another parody of a movie I've not seen. How about a nice sendup of Singin in the Rain? Or The Quiet Man? Movies that people without cable and a babysitter get to see from time to time, you know?<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Dear A.D.,<P>Rest assured, that the cases Frank and Max face stand on their own. You need not have seen any movies to get any of the jokes (and I use the term 'jokes' loosely). The titles may reflect a play on words of a title of a current film (and I use the term 'film' loosely) but the fact that you recognize the title of the current storyline as a reference to that movie proves that you got the joke. (Unless you had to ask Johnski333 to explain it, in which case, you're pretty much sunk.)<P>Cheer up, though, for due to overwhelming demand, the next storyline will be based on 'The Bells of Saint Mary's'!<P><P>------------------
--Matt<P>Go read <A HREF="http://www.lostandfoundcomic.com" TARGET=_blank>Lost & Found Investigations</A> Already!
Milligan
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Lost and Found Investigations