Understanding Your AccordionDad

Private Eye Frank Chase and his partner/dog Max are on the case!

Moderator: Milligan

Postby AccordionDad on Sun Jun 17, 2001 6:37 am

Hey, gang. There's an essay in the current issue of Harper's about what playing the accordion can mean to a person. Grab a copy and a latte and grok what it means to choose the squeezebox. Note the verb: CHOOSE.<P>Peace.<P>------------------
Leave the world better than you found it.
AccordionDad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Padre on Mon Jun 18, 2001 4:55 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AccordionDad:
<B>Hey, gang. There's an essay in the current issue of Harper's about what playing the accordion can mean to a person. Grab a copy and a latte and grok what it means to choose the squeezebox. Note the verb: CHOOSE.
Peace.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>If this is what CHOOSING to play the Accordion can do to a person, I don't think I want to know: "Grab a copy" - Street lingo, that means "steal"; "grok" - who knows, does this mean "this is your brain on an accordion"?; but a latte?!?!?!?!? What's wrong with espresso? Or even a cappucino? But a Latte? Oh the agony of it all!!!!!!!!<P>
Padre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby AccordionDad on Mon Jun 18, 2001 6:27 am

Oh, Padre, I'm disappointed.<P>"grab a copy" - find a mirror
"grok" - get a big rock
"latte" - and lay down on it.<P>In other words: get a tan while you read a decent magazine for once.<P>You know me better than that.<P>NOTE: This parody is not intended to endorse exposure to that glowing carcinogen called Sol in any way. Use the shade of your local library for your reading. Paid for by the Blond And Scared-To-Accept-Rays Dads Society.<P>NOTE to the NOTE: No it's not an accident, and yes, I'm sorry, but it occurred to me and I couldn't pass it up.<P>------------------
Leave the world better than you found it.
AccordionDad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Lost and Found Investigations