today's comic 02-21-07

It's not MAD science...just disappointed.

Moderator: Gav

today's comic 02-21-07

Postby KevinHall11 on Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:30 am

today's comic really reminded me of how much i love the character cecilia. she's really awesome. just wanted to give props to darren.
KevinHall11
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Gav on Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:57 pm

Thanks!

And geez, I can't believe it's been two weeks since I've been able to check the forums!

Been putting together a big experiment at work...
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
(Nukees, an atomic comic)
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Postby CodeGuy on Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:55 am

Gav wrote:Been putting together a big experiment at work...

That kind of statement makes me glad I moved to a different coast from you. I'm allergic to the glowing.
CodeGuy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Gav on Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:39 pm

CodeGuy wrote:That kind of statement makes me glad I moved to a different coast from you. I'm allergic to the glowing.

Eh, it was only a microCurie of Californium-252. Barely more than the background rate, actually.

Experiment ended on Monday. Am now disassembling. Can't say how that'll affect my forum presence. ;)
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
(Nukees, an atomic comic)
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Postby ShamelessRinger on Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:20 pm

I'm confused...
How did he pass the course? (forgive me for being dense) And what does this have to do with the penguin? Or anything? In fact, how did the topic come up?

EDIT: Hah, my problem was not paying attention to the course's title. :roll: That is awesome.
They say you have only one life to live. But if you can read, you can live as many lives as you want.

"I can't keep track of her when she's not incorporeally possessing a spaceship, don't look at me."
ShamelessRinger
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby CodeGuy on Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:29 pm

That is pretty diabolical. I can see why the other teachers would have a problem with it.

I'm guessing that the computers now think Linus did a full four year course load.
CodeGuy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby bloodeye on Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:08 am

....... :o

...I think I have a new favorate strip.

Not quite what I'd love to do as a professor. Would personally want to do something more along the lines of:
"Welcome to my class. All of you are here for one of two reasons. Either you want to learn something from this class, or because you're required to take this class. If you are here only because you are required to take this class, please sign the sheet at the front, leave, and never come back. If I never see you again, you will receive a C+ for the class. If you bother me again, you will fail.
If you don't want to be here, but need a higher grade for a scholarship or something, see me after class, I will help you transfer to a diffrent professor.
For those of you who want to actually learn something, I do not promise you will pass the class. I do not promise you will learn anything. I do promise to teach to the best of my ability, in an enviroment free of people who don't want to be here."
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Postby CodeGuy on Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:18 am

So the guy who really desires to learn but has problems gets a D (which is fair), but the asshole who does nothing lucks out and gets a C+?
CodeGuy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Silver Adept on Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:25 am

Because the person who has to take the class and has no desire to will be okay with C+ (a passing mark) and will move on. The person that wants a higher grade will be shipped off to someone who can give them that. The people who want to learn it well enough to risk failing it are the people he wants. I wonder if he's the professor that has the students that say "He's a bastard, but I learned a lot."
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
And now the creator of my own comic! Go see Faces
Gots a LiveJournal now. It's here!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby bloodeye on Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:13 am

Silver Adept wrote: I wonder if he's the professor that has the students that say "He's a bastard, but I learned a lot."

Not yet, but I aspire to be.
I'm the guy who asks a question in class and gets the reply 'That's a good question, but is beyond the scope of this class. Now let's review the same thing one more time, because the jocks are still flunking.'

....actaully, that's not quite right. I don't really mind the people who need to hear it three or four times before they get it. What pisses me off are the people who have to be told four times, because they weren't paying attention the first three.
They don't want to be in the class, I don't want them to be there, this way, we both get what we want.
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Postby Silver Adept on Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:56 am

Sounds interesting. I suspect, though, that certain members of your administration may not be as pleased about this offer.
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
And now the creator of my own comic! Go see Faces
Gots a LiveJournal now. It's here!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby bloodeye on Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:32 am

Probally not. Hence my need to develop the ability to keep my head down and mouth shut until I attain tenure.
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Return to Nukees