Who's ringing the bell in April?

It's not MAD science...just disappointed.

Moderator: Gav

Who's ringing the bell in April?

Postby kiga on Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:33 am

I was just re-reading the past arc, and it got me thinking about April 7: Who's ringing the bells there?

April 7: Bells ringing in the church as Priest and Danny are discussing theology
June 7: Priest mentions the bells will not be ringing much longer
Nov 24: Bell rings, we discover priest rings bell himself for services that no longer occur

Perhaps the Priest and Danny took a break for the Priest to ring the bells. "Excuse me, my son, but I must attend to the ringing of the bells."

Or perhaps the story arc really does roughly take as long as the strip, so that it is months between April 7th's strip and Nov. 24th's strip, during which time the bell ringer had to be laid off, and the priest now just has to do the ringing himself.
Kevin Iga
2+2=5 for sufficiently large values of 2
kiga
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: Who's ringing the bell in April?

Postby Gav on Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:42 am

kiga wrote:I was just re-reading the past arc, and it got me thinking about April 7: Who's ringing the bells there?

I was wondering if anyone would notice that. Yes, you've discovered what may be a bit of a continuity error, one I discovered myself a few weeks ago. I haven't attempted to fix it because it would require a major change to that strip and I haven't decided if it's really an error or not.

The priest on June 7 mentions that there are no more services, but his intension could actually be that there are no more services on weekdays. Or presumably, an underling could be ringing the bell out of protocol, but no one shows up anymore. So long as the priest is there, I would expect him to go through the motions, at least. It may be a flimsy excuse, but not totally inconceivable. :roll:

On the other hand, I probably misspelled inconsistencies on April 7, didn't I? So there's no winning.
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
(Nukees, an atomic comic)
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Return to Nukees