12-15

It's not MAD science...just disappointed.

Moderator: Gav

12-15

Postby Crystalis on Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:06 am

Hmmm, going back a week or two, it appears they were only two, POSSIBLY three stories up. Based on the length of the rope they're currently dangling from, I'm not sure why the stripper is being so melodramatic. She might fall 10 feet, and that shouldn't be enough to do serious damage.

Unless the perspective's been wonky this whole time, but I distinctly recall seeing her feet from a shot of Gav on the ground when Luca was holding on to her and just the window sill. Now that they're hanging off nearly a story's worth of rope her feet ought to be nearly touching the ground. ;-P
-Proud to be a Sharply Shining Point!
-Schlurper of Newbies!
-OT Pope

Drink to the dead all you still alive,
we shall join them in good time.
Should you go crossing that silvery brook,
it's best to leap before you look.

Under Republicans, man exploits man. Under Democrats, it's just the reverse.
Crystalis
Keenspot Despot

Postby bloodeye on Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:32 am

Sorta the same viewpoint I'm holding. :wink:
Too intresting a charecter to kill off swiftly.
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Postby Silver Adept on Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:48 am

Of course, with it only being that far down, Gav may just have to lower the rope sufficiently for King Luca to also drop safely to the ground. If King Luca had his spear, he'd probably be driving it into the mortar work to use as a handhold (assuming it didn't break the first time he tried.)
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
And now the creator of my own comic! Go see Faces
Gots a LiveJournal now. It's here!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atanamis on Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:57 am

I would say maybe 5 stories at the max, with at least 1 story of rope. Even when she was jumping from the top, it was my opinion that unless she landed on her head she was unlikely to die from the fall. A little quick googling suggests 30 feet is normally considered lethal, so a 5 story fall would probably be enough. That said, it looks like less than 5 stories, and she is falling from the end of a rope and a King. I suspect she will live (unless she lands badly, after all, people die from tripping too).

What I am impressed by is Luka's strength. To hang onto the rope despite the yank of a one story fall while holding another person (again with a hand grip) is pretty impressive. The guy has powerful hands! I had totally underestimated his power in the past...
Atanamis
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby suicide junkie on Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:40 pm

http://www.nukees.com/d/20061124.html

She was only one story up when Luca was holding onto the ledge.

http://www.nukees.com/d/20061215.html
Now, Luca's head is even with the bottom of the second floor window, so she should only need to bend her knees.
Wielder of the 30-inch sniper rifle.
suicide junkie
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby BenTGaidin on Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:53 pm

Well, it _should_ be almost to the ground... Usually (in my experience, anyway) the floor of the bell-tower is second-story, just above the entrance to the church. The bellpull reaches down to the floor and then a bit, so that when it's being rung, it doesn't yank the alter-boy off his feet when the bell swings back up. So hanging out of the tower like that, the rope should reach down to about the floor of the second story... Putting Luca's hand somewhere around fifteen feet off the ground, and feet about eight or nine feet. That means she's only four or five feet up at the most.

Assuming the church isn't constructed oddly, anyway.
Megumi : Hey, did I just see you smiling just now?
Ruri : Possibly. I guess that means we're all idiots here.
--Martian Successor Nadesico
BenTGaidin
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Silver Adept on Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:08 am

If all of this is true, that would explain why the camera angles involving Gav and Luca's predicament are all looking up to give us the perspective of a bigger fall than it actually is.
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
And now the creator of my own comic! Go see Faces
Gots a LiveJournal now. It's here!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Crystalis on Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:35 am

Whoo! Vindicated!
-Proud to be a Sharply Shining Point!
-Schlurper of Newbies!
-OT Pope

Drink to the dead all you still alive,
we shall join them in good time.
Should you go crossing that silvery brook,
it's best to leap before you look.

Under Republicans, man exploits man. Under Democrats, it's just the reverse.
Crystalis
Keenspot Despot

Postby CodeGuy on Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:04 pm

SPAM spam spam spam, SPAM spam spam spam,

SPAMMITY SPAAAAMMM, SPAMMITY SPAAAMMM!
CodeGuy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Nukees