Whatever happened to the Nuclear Burn?

It's not MAD science...just disappointed.

Moderator: Gav

Whatever happened to the Nuclear Burn?

Postby the Siliconopolitan on Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:07 pm

Not to whine or anything, but weren't there supposed to be a background for the people who participated in the raffle all those months ago?

I fully understand if Gav's been too busy to do it yet, but I just wanted to check that my email hadn't been lost in the mail or summat.

In other news, I liked the quark-joke -- even with my limited understanding of the standard model. I do of course participate in the RBF again this year. It'd have been fun to have had more feedback on it last year, but c'est la vie.

(My gift should be in the mail, Gav, and I have asked for return address to be included in the coverletter. Fingers crossed that it works. It may not arrive till after Christmas though.)
[i]Si les triangles faisaient un Dieu, ils lui donneraient trois c
the Siliconopolitan
Keenspot Despot

Postby Gav on Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:21 pm

Hey,

No, you didn't miss anything--I'm still working on the Nuclear Burn piece. It's pretty much completely penciled but needs to be inked, then colored. Unfortunately, I've not had any free time in months to work on it. I've been hoping to finish it over the winter break, when I get a week off from work (half of that will be taken up by Christmas, but after Christmas, I'll have a day or two to myself).

I haven't started the "commissioned" piece, but I also haven't cashed his check. I think I have two months before the bank will refuse it.

I could email everyone who participates in the Random Bag, thanking them for participating and also encouraging them to post their experiences on a forum thread. Would that seem spam-like?

And if your gift doesn't arrive until after Christmas, that's fine. As the site says, I send out two "waves" of gifts--one for before-Christmas participants and one for gifts that arrive after.
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
(Nukees, an atomic comic)
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Postby Wafath on Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:37 am

Gav wrote:I could email everyone who participates in the Random Bag, thanking them for participating and also encouraging them to post their experiences on a forum thread. Would that seem spam-like?

I don't think so. A single email that confirms the "customer's" participation, and encourages discussion seems very far from spam territory.

If you were to email the participants once a week from then on asking them to join keenspot, that would be spam.

I also don't think sending a single email to previous years participants is unacceptable. Most people agree that highly targeted advertisements to previous customers is acceptable.

W
Wafath
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby the Siliconopolitan on Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:40 pm

Ah, I thought it was just a question of lack of time. No problem at all, I just wanted to make sure my spamfilter hadn't been overactive.

I don't see a problem with an email or two to the people participating in the RBF. I think it'd be nice with a little internet gl
[i]Si les triangles faisaient un Dieu, ils lui donneraient trois c
the Siliconopolitan
Keenspot Despot

Postby Gav on Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:24 pm

the Siliconopolitan wrote:Ah, I thought it was just a question of lack of time. No problem at all, I just wanted to make sure my spamfilter hadn't been overactive.

I'll be posting a low-res version on the website as well so if you see that (in color--I might reveal the B&W first) and you haven't gotten your wallpaper, it's time to get worried.

[quote]I don't see a problem with an email or two to the people participating in the RBF. I think it'd be nice with a little internet gl
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
(Nukees, an atomic comic)
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Return to Nukees