1994?

It's not MAD science...just disappointed.

Moderator: Gav

1994?

Postby CodeGuy on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:16 am

Is 1994 supposed to be the year Gav graduated?

It's weird that I started reading this comic in college 10 years ago, yet somehow Gav has gotten slightly younger than me.

Batman is already younger than me. I've only got about 3 more years before Homer Simpson is younger than me.

Yeesh.
CodeGuy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: 1994?

Postby Gav on Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:07 am

It's even harder for me to come to terms with the weird causality violations that the "half-to-one-third speed" time progression causes. For instance, I refer to present-day technology and news all the time, but have to resolve that with the conflicting lack of aging. All I can do is tell myself it's "comic physics."

The Simpsons makes fun of this all the time. They often do flashbacks to, say, the 90's, in which Bart and Lisa are five years younger when we all remember them being their present ages in the 80's. Stuff like that.

Anyway, this date range was a little joke to myself. I graduated in 1989, so technically the range fits my actual high school graduation as well as his. But that can't be Gav's graduation date anymore. When I started Nukees 12 years ago, I intended Gav to be a few years older than me (establishing that he had been in grad school for longer than I had). But I quickly caught up and passed him.

Of course, ten years from now when it's Gav's 20th reunion, it'll be even harder for me to make date references.
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
(Nukees, an atomic comic)
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Postby bloodeye on Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:10 am

Meh, comic physics. Just have current events update at a similar ratio, thus making whatever's currently current be what's current in the future past of the comic. Or something... damn, this made sence when I started writting it, I swear...
bloodeye
Keenspot Despot

Postby Gav on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:57 pm

You're drunk.
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
(Nukees, an atomic comic)
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Return to Nukees