Congrats on a dozen years of Nukees

It's not MAD science...just disappointed.

Moderator: Gav

Congrats on a dozen years of Nukees

Postby CodeGuy on Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:56 am

I started reading in 1999, but I never think about it having been that long. Nukees is just part of my regular routine. Thanks for keeping it up all these years.
CodeGuy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Congrats on a dozen years of Nukees

Postby Gav on Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:33 am

You're quite welcome!

Strange to think I've been doing it longer than Calvin and Hobbes lasted (though at 3/7ths the rate, of course).

Stranger to think that in a dozen years, I still haven't gotten around to updating the HTML.
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
(Nukees, an atomic comic)
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Postby kevinjameshall on Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:29 pm

Ya, it does have quite a Web 1.0 look about it still. I started reading the backlogs around 2003 and Nukees became a part of my routine by 2004. I actually got into the comic through your interactive story site. That was the first one I got into way back when. Congratulations on 12 years of drawing my favorite comic.
kevinjameshall
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Gav on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:57 pm

Oh man, I actually got a reader from that old thing? Well, it was good for something, then!

"Reprogramming the interactive story so I can install it on the Nukees server and start it up again" is yet another item on my long list of things I'll never get to...

I'm really hating this "approve new users' messages" forum feature. For one, the icon indicating an approval is needed is entirely unnoticable. Frankly, I prefer dealing with spammers to this.
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Postby loperspest on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:03 am

I a m no long term reader, only been reading about half a year, but reading through the archives, it was wonderful to watch your art evolve. You do good work, keep it up! :D
loperspest
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Gav on Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:59 am

loperspest wrote:I a m no long term reader, only been reading about half a year, but reading through the archives, it was wonderful to watch your art evolve. You do good work, keep it up! :D

Thanks! Actually, I've been really self-conscious about the art lately, so that's excellent to hear. Some guy wrote a really scathing review recently about Nukees in a blog and it got me kind of depressed about the strip. The truth is, I've improved a lot since the beginning, but I don't always feel like my art has improved as much as it should have after doing it for twelve years. I have to face the sad fact that I'll never be a Pascalle.

Although I'm not sure what I could do if I spent 15 hours on each strip. Jeesh!
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Return to Nukees