Regular updates

Clippy Clippy Clang Clong!

Moderator: Owen Dunne

Regular updates

Postby smaus on Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:45 am

I have long been a loyal reader of YDK. I remember when Mr. Dunne announced the "I want to go daily" pledge drive, I nearly donated. But I couldn't get past his long history of trying and failing to go daily. I told myself, if he goes daily and keeps it up, I'll send him some money. After all, it's a good comic. Lo and behold, here we are. Updates are neither regular nor daily.
Personal matters happen. That's fine, and I understand. But it is tremendously poor form to take a decent quantity of money from readers without following through on a promise.
If you're not going to live up to your word, Mr. Dunne, at least try to make your updates regular. I believe that a weekly update would be good. It certainly doesn't seem like you can handle much more than that.
I hope that whatever has distracted you from YDK is short-lived and not negative. I also hope that you are able to decide on a update schedule that lets you continue to produce excellent work without taxing your time.
smaus
Junior Keenspotter

Postby tonylaw74 on Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:26 am

I have to second this complaint. I have donated twice in the past. Both times were to continue the strip, which I love, and to post on a regular schedule (I don't remember if it was promised it would be daily). In both cases, the schedule became regular for a week or two and then went back to eradict.

I love the site and hope it continues but after donating money based upon apparent falsities, I feel very let down. :(
tonylaw74
Junior Keenspotter

Postby ny librarian on Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:41 am

I absolutely agree with the first two posts, I donated a small pittance, which upon hindsight was foolish since there are far too many delays and broken promises...

I will not ever donate again, you may take that to the bank.

Also, I post a direct quote from another topic written by Mr. Dunne.

Owen Dunne wrote:You're right, and I apologize. All I can tell you is I'm trying to keep the schedule.

I have strips for the missing days, they're just not up to snuff, art wise. I'm sorry, but I can't post them if they're rushed or not funny just for the sake of keeping the schedule.

Just some holdover stuff that I'm finishing up. Believe me, no one wants to keep the schedule more than me.

Owen

I think its time Owen wakes up and smells the damn coffee!!! :x :x
Last edited by ny librarian on Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
ny librarian
Junior Keenspotter

Postby tonylaw74 on Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:36 pm

And on that note... New YDK's all this week! w00t! :D

Keep up the great work!
tonylaw74
Junior Keenspotter

Naturally!

Postby smaus on Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:04 pm

I have noted, with irony-laden amusement, the daily updates. I hope, as I have hoped many times before, that it lasts. But I am not willing to place money on it.
Good on you, Mr. Dunne. I hope the regularity continues.
smaus
Junior Keenspotter

Postby ny librarian on Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:28 am

I most enthusiastically applaud the efforts of the past week.

BRAVO!!! :D :D

Keep it up!

And don't rest on your laurels!
ny librarian
Junior Keenspotter

Return to You Damn Kid