Truest SOAR review I've ever read

Cannot be described through mere words.

Moderator: broberds

Postby frunk on Thu Nov 08, 2001 10:42 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by broberds:
<B>"The art isn't great, but it's reliable."
</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Quite to the contrary, the art is ten times better than anything I could produce, and it can't be relied upon to show up Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
frunk
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby broberds on Thu Nov 08, 2001 12:53 pm

"The art isn't great, but it's reliable."<P>------------------
Bob Roberds
<A HREF="http://www.soaprope.com" TARGET=_blank>Soap on a Rope</A>
broberds
Keenspot Despot

Postby broberds on Fri Nov 09, 2001 7:09 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by frunk:
<B> and it can't be relied upon to show up Friday, Saturday or Sunday.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Perhaps, but you <I>can</I> rely on it to not be great.
<P>------------------
Bob Roberds
<A HREF="http://www.soaprope.com" TARGET=_blank>Soap on a Rope</A>
broberds
Keenspot Despot

Postby Shepherd on Fri Nov 09, 2001 8:16 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by broberds:
<B> Perhaps, but you <I>can</I> rely on it to not be great.
</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think it's great in that it ain't flashy and it gets the job done. I much prefer SOAR to a lot of the Japanimishmash strips out there, and all that fancified artisty crap just gets in the way a lot of the time.<P>Besides you proved your chops and that you were CAPABLE of drawing more realistic people when the gang went to "The Dimension Of More Realistic People." <P>I also really like Hound's Home and Superosity for the same reasons... it's funny without smacking you upside the head with artistic trickery all the time.<P>Check out "God is my Roommate" on Sundays for truly bad drawing at the site below...<P><P>------------------
Matt Shepherd
Writer, <A HREF="http://manmancomics.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Man-Man Comics</A>
Shepherd
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby BoxJam on Fri Nov 09, 2001 8:38 am

Where'd you get reviewed?<P>I agree with Matt - art that's in-yer-face saying "Look at me! I'm impressive," doesn't do much for me. OTOH, in something like Man-Man, GI, or Chopping Block, when it's great *and* doesn't distract, it's a wonderful thing.<P>------------------
Here comes <A HREF="http://www.boxjamsdoodle.com" TARGET=_blank>BoxJam's Doodle</A>!
BoxJam
Keenspot Despot

Postby Deep_Sea_Dolphin on Tue Nov 20, 2001 1:46 am

Better to have a less flashy strip that is funny than something beautiful but lacking in substance.<P>I like anime and manga style artwork, but not if there isn't a good story behind it.<P><P>------------------
Tell a person you're the Metatron and they stare at you blankly. Mention something out of a Charleton Heston movie and suddenly everyone's a Theology scholar!"-Dogma
Deep_Sea_Dolphin
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Rory O'Bannion on Fri Nov 23, 2001 10:49 am

I love the art work for SOAR! It's certainly a style all on it's own and that alone is something to be proud of. BTW-Sorry I haven't been on here much these days. I've been busy running from Stu after I called him Mr. Peanut.
Rory O'Bannion
Keenspot Despot

Return to Soap on a Rope