I don't mean to be a tool

Because ugly women trying to get some is hilarious.

Moderators: MandieK, SKuehner

I don't mean to be a tool

Postby SKuehner on Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:25 pm

Hi Heather.

Sorry we ain't been updatey too much this past week. The 'no free time' angle is overplayed but I quite literally haven't even had the time to get proper sleep so far this month.

We'll drop in a fresh comic whenever possible but there might be another sketchy-for-updates week or two. Rest assured everything else is OK.

Scotto
Look What I Brought Home!
Our comic is on Keenspot. That proves it's good.
SKuehner
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Heatherface. on Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:22 pm

Is this addressed to me 'cause I'm the only one who's active on the boards, or does the comic not have that many fans? Or both? I could do a shoutout on YouTube for you if you'd like, I figure if nothing else, we'll both get some fresh hatemail.

No worries, man, I totally understand that whole "I have a real life" thing, you're probably the only webcomic artist whose shaky schedule doesn't piss me off. But I think that's just partially because I know you're married with a kid, and I assume you have an actual job and this isn't your paying job. Though I'd totally buy a LWIBH poster if you ever decided to try merchandise, I'd even happily cough up money for a hand-drawn something-or-other. I refuse to be your sugar mama, but the offer's totally there if you ever want to give it a shot or want some cash for hookers for your kid or whatever.

By the way, what happened to the archives? It used to start with Emily talking about braces and such.
Heatherface.
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby SKuehner on Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:49 am

Well, you're the only fan who seems to know this comic has a message board. People are reading but we're only at about half the readership we had at our peak... Not the least-read on Keenspot, but we're down there. Still doing far better numbers than CiL, anyway.

As far as selling goes... I think the first LWIBH merchandise will be a book collection of some sort. And I still wouldn't want Keenspot to publish such a thing until I was sure they'd sell all they press.

I removed the false opening of LWIBH when we returned a few months back because I felt it was now irrelevant. It was intended to get people to read from the beginning when the art looked the worst, at a time when it had developed and cleaned up a significant bit. Now I think that historically it's more interesting to see the comic where it REALLY began when you push that button, because seeing the actual first comic is pretty jarring when you look at today's version. Besides, that tacked-on opener wasn't funny. That's worse than anything else.
Look What I Brought Home!
Our comic is on Keenspot. That proves it's good.
SKuehner
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby crazeyal on Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:33 pm

Hey..

Sorry I haven't been that active.. but you are NOT without fans.
crazeyal
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Look What I Brought Home!