Get ON with it!

Professor Ashfield is da bomb, and da bomb is Professor Ashfield.

Moderator: Aric McKeown

Get ON with it!

Postby MooglyGuy on Tue Apr 15, 2003 3:33 am

Aric, I appreciate the fact that you're trying to give the comic a new feel by using a three-panel format and an actual storyline, but I think there's an essential point you're missing. A lot of comic authors who have an actual storyline to their comics have the storyline written out well in advance, they don't fly by the seat of their pants, as it were. I mean, to put it bluntly, there are only so many times I can come to the site and see that Ashfield is STILL falling through hell until I just stop giving a damn.

No offense, but ? was MUCH funnier than this is now. It started out funny, but... not anymore.
MooglyGuy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Aric McKeown on Tue Apr 15, 2003 5:15 am

Thanks for reading. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.
Aric McKeown
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby giy231 on Tue Apr 15, 2003 5:40 pm

It's too bad you didn't take this attitude before you ended "I am in pain." (was that it's actual name?)

It was looking pretty good.
!edoc ym ekarb reven ll'uoy
giy231
Keenspot Despot

Postby Aric McKeown on Tue Apr 15, 2003 9:05 pm

That's the thing about time. It only makes you more bitter.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go fly by the seat of my pants.
Aric McKeown
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

nooooooo

Postby wryann on Thu Apr 17, 2003 9:09 am

Aric McKeown wrote:That's the thing about time. It only makes you more bitter.

You're the new Bitterman!
wryann
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby JasterW on Sat Apr 19, 2003 5:12 am

Aric McKeown wrote:Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go fly by the seat of my pants.

That sounds way painful. Though will probably soon have a sport based around it...
JasterW
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby JasterW on Sat Apr 19, 2003 12:13 pm

Ohh, also on Aric's behalf, I'd just like to say that, first of all, I think the art in this comic has seriously improved since he started drawing out the storyline, instead of just pasting the same Ashfield sprite over and over again, and drawing variations around it. Nobody's really said anything about it, but bravo, I like the changes.

To address your point, however, Mr. Mooo~oogly, you're tired of seeing Ashfield falling into hell? At least you get to read something new and funny about it, instead of a lot of these other comics that don't update AT ALL. So you get to look at the SAME COMIC, instead of a new joke 5 days a week. And so maybe Aric recycles some of the same characters, and slows down the plot to get as many jokes as he can out of it (you don't get the opportunity to do "oh crap, I'm a sperm" jokes very often), he's giving you quality entertainment FOR FREE, (Actually, I'm not sure if KeenSpot has bothered paying their artists again yet, but if they are, I'm sure they're not making NEAR enough to live off of it), and all some people can do is complain. Do us all a favor and either be constructive or shut up.

Aric, Ashfield Online is still great, I have every confidence that you know what you're doing with it. Keep up the good work, and thank you.
JasterW
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Stomski on Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:10 am

Aric can continue to do his thang with Ashfield and he has my unimportant blessings. I'm still intrigued by what Tiny Fool is gonna do when he gets to the store and finds out he's left the letter at home though.

As for the new Bitterman, who was the old? Surely you don't refer to my monster? :-?
Stom.
Stomski and Nope: the online comic that isn't worth reading
Stomski
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Ashfield Online