The Evolution Gun

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

The Evolution Gun

Postby Ankhareon on Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:31 pm

During a conversation with Troy we started thinking up new and imaginative guns, such as those found in a Valve game. One of those was dubbed the Evolution Gun which allowed the user to spontaneously imbue a target with any given mutation.

Having realized it's inherent superiority over a TF gun (in the form of more customizability and combining multiple elements I got thinking, why the hell am I still using a TF gun when I can get one of these?

So now I'm proud to present the E-Gun

Essentially it's a complete upgrade from the regular TF gun - it can cause full body mutations which is essentially a regular TF gun function but when in two-handed mode you can zap any body part with any form or switch addition mode and create new limbs or features.

it has a built in computer for visual form customization, the first trigger applies a mutation and the lower one removes it.

The pneumatic tubes on the side allow the gun to extend by the push of a button rather than manually.

Thoughts?
requests?
Last edited by Ankhareon on Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
[Bannerless bunny - I can make my own graphics]
The Forum Wars | My deviantArt
Ankhareon
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:42 pm

...I gotta get me one of them guns...
ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ankhareon on Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:45 pm

You may purchase one

except around here money is no good so you must pay using one original and imaginative idea.
Ankhareon
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:07 am

Ankhareon wrote:You may purchase one

except around here money is no good so you must pay using one original and imaginative idea.

original and imaginative, eh?

Ok , how about...Mind Control Pants!

Now give me my gun!
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mind-controlled-bunny@_@ on Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:18 am

an original idea huh?

a laptop that has a scanner built in! depending upon the size of the scanner you want, the keyboard could flips up to show the scanner, or for smaller paper, a slot that feeds in the paper. a motor will move the paper across the glass until it reaches the end of the scanner and then back out again by another slot set lower then the original.
E-gun Please! :D

(I've actually considered making something like this but only the flippy keyboard one cause I would need to program to get the motors to move right.)
mind-controlled-bunny@_@
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ankhareon on Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:31 am

CCCM: mind control isn't original, and pants that make you do stuff was used in Wallace and Gromitt. NO DEAL!

Now Blood control from Doctor who was original, this not so much

MCB: it's innovative but not imaginative - you just combined two existing things there NO DEAL!

original would be a pocket sized scanner that unfolded, stuck to the paper, pulled off the image and refolded into a memory stick to put it into your laptop
Ankhareon
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Author-Man on Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:45 am

It's been done. Not as well, mind you, but it has been done. And, besides, since when has TF tech been my weaponry of choice? Catgirl muses and psycho-bitch vixens with shotguns ftw!

Author-Vixen: *brandishes shotgun* Damn straight!

Authorette-Cat: Anyone who disagrees gets tackleglomped into submission!
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:01 am

Flaminco-Dancing Ardvark that recites Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven...with a slight lisp!

MUAHAHAHAHA!
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ankhareon on Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:09 am

that's certainly original

and when was it done?

and why use a shotgun when you can induce a fatal mutation? - it's cleaner and doesn't use ammo
Ankhareon
Keenspot Juggernaut

Die, evil 404

Postby Author-Man on Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:33 am

Where to begin? The whole 'evolution inducing machine' isn't a new idea. That said, a portable version blows away every other possible incarnation that I can think of off the top of my head... which consists of that thingie from the Super Mario Bros movie.

Author-Vixen: Fatal mutations lack that personal touch that comes from removing someone's head with a point blank shotgun blast. And I'm a psycho-bitch. I like the mess.
Author-Man: The sad thing is that she's not the worst of my muses when it comes to brutal violence.
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:43 am

How 'bout the Bat of Awesome? Basically a melee TF usually stuck on Random setting. The setting it can randomly set to about every hit are 'Cake,' 'Pokemon,' 'Aquatic,' 'Anime,' and so forth.
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ankhareon on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:12 am

it's innovative but considering the amount of TF on this forum, it's not imaginative

and nothing says personal like a tumour spelling your name going across the front of your enemies brain
Ankhareon
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Author-Man on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:19 am

Author-Vixen: Correction. Nothing says personal like spelling out your initials with bullets in the corpse... Granted, a shotgun can't do that either... but the point stands! That, and the shotgun is deliciously messy.

Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Ankhareon on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:37 am

Ever seen Alien? that was messy. do that with a tentacle or something growing fro the inside of someone's lungs.

It's SERIOUSLY messy
Ankhareon
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Author-Man on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:54 am

Author-Vixen: If I reenact Alien in any way, it will be by tricking someone into eating a Xenomorph egg salad sandwich. Then the alien will dance to that song the singing frog from that one Looney Toon cartoon did.

Author-Man: Proof that even psychopaths love Mel Brooks' work.

Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby matthlord on Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:36 am

A boomerang that is capable of opening warp rifts, now it comes back every time!
matthlord
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby yalborap on Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:12 am

My skillset gun idea.

Alters your clothing/equipment, mind, and possibly body to make you fit the role you're zapped with. So a ninja suddenly knows how to kill people and hide, and her clothes turn into a ninja outfit with ninja weapons attached.

Now gimme yer E-gun.
yalborap
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: behind your eyeballs, about to rip them out and escape your tiny brain

Postby Kalga on Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:54 am

Author-Man wrote:It's been done. Not as well, mind you, but it has been done. And, besides, since when has TF tech been my weaponry of choice? Catgirl muses and psycho-bitch vixens with shotguns ftw!

Author-Vixen: *brandishes shotgun* Damn straight!

Authorette-Cat: Anyone who disagrees gets tackleglomped into submission!

I'd so put this in my sig if I had the room...your all so lucky, with your psycho-bitch muses. I'm gonna make one that is a million times more psychotic than me!

I AGREE! I AGREE! And with that, I present this cloak. Not only is it stylish and affordable, but it can stave off glomps with your choice of fire, metal spikes, and more! For anyone in your family that could do without glomps!

BUY NOW! Only six easy payments of 244.98. Colors and sizes may vary. Is not effective against normal hugs.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Antoine Bruce on Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:32 am

Kalga wrote:Only six easy payments of 244.98.

Six easy payments of 244.98 is not affordable! Well, except that you didn't specify dollars. Through your vagueness, I could, in theory, pay with 1,469.88 almonds, or empty aluminum cans, or milliliters of air.

Take that, failing to include a currency symbol!
Antoine Bruce
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Alex_Mage on Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:17 am

Hmmm, a steep price for for a gun, but it's an interesting gun nonetheless. I'll give it a shot.

I call them Alchemist's Bracers.

Two of them, one on each arm, each with it's own display. The left is used to alter the user's body into any solid form, like wood, metal, stone, etc. The right holds data on their original form and changes them back to 'normal'. It works by altering the user on an atomic and molecular level rather than a genetic one.

It would of course be easier for those with simpler make-ups. For example those made of chocolate or cloth, but can be used by others who have, say, organs, but with greater risks involved.

I hope that's enough. The thought of someone growing a hostile tentacle out of their forehead and then getting choked to death by it is... eerily satisfying...
Alex_Mage
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kalga on Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:23 am

Oooh oooh ooh! I have something even better.

*holds up Baretta 9mm*

It's a Dead Gun. If you shoot someone with it, they die! Pretty nifty, huh?
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby DracoDracul on Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:09 am

Would a dramatic action/comedy siries about a world where Superheroes and supervillians have devolved to the point where a) they have become "normal" day jobs, b) there fights have become little more than shows and c) a rise in "real" street crime due to police becoming complete dependent on Superheroes during a so-called Golden age of heroes leading a man who is a supervillian by day to become the first real hero the world has seen in decades count as sufficiantly original?
"The quota of chrises has been reached for the day has been filled."-Jason Grey (The Wotch)

All that begins must end, unless webcomic writers get lazy and leave you at a cliffhanger.

By the time you read this sig I have already stolen my own identity.

"When life gives you lemons, make beef stew," Rosie

The randomness of this sig brought to you by:
"Arachno Spores! The fatal spore, with the funny name." -Futurama
My inventory:
TF guns, one (1)
Squirrel teddies, one (1)
Cookies, one (1), wrapped in shiny plastic
Cans of soda, six (6), unlabelled
Fish, one (1), dead
a red crystal inscribed with TF-gun-code for Dormouse V1.
1 shiny hubcap
1 can of mackerel
1 half-eaten cheese sandwich
1 solid cube of gas
Nancy VooDoo doll, with VooDoo broom
a babelfish
an E-gun
DracoDracul
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby mind-controlled-bunny@_@ on Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:21 pm

okay fine I have another idea.

a machine that can rearrange the molecules of any material and reassemble the atoms with the electrons neutrons and the such and create something entirely else! like take lead and make cake! this could also start with a toy and some dense material then using the dense material use the toy as a map to create a bigger toy. this could work for food too since a normal growth ray would just increase the size of everything including atoms. The enzymes would not be able to digest this so my device would be the better choice for increasing food. it could also turn salty water into 100% pure water.
mind-controlled-bunny@_@
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mind-controlled-bunny@_@ on Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:26 pm

stupid 404 making me double post
Idea 2

a device that can somehow tun materials into a light like wave and then back again. they would in a way be like photons and could travel through pipelines much faster. and for faster but less reliable travel radio waves. (hmm maybe idea one could turn energy into mass....)
mind-controlled-bunny@_@
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby A Fan on Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:12 pm

I already have the ultimate genome emulation device at my beck and call. Still, a new dimension to the Transmogrimification Rifle is hard to pass up...

A device shaped similarly to a meat thermometer capable of converting a food's chemical energy into an explosive. Stick it in a Milky Way, arm it, and throw, and you've got a bigger boom than a stick of dynamite.
For information on this and other subjects, consult your local ninja.
Best EGS Video. Ever.
Remember: You can't spell combustion without two O's
I had to remove my personality test graph from my sig. You can still see it by clicking these sentences.
If you encounter a strange symbol in my posts, it's from a glitch in my keyboard. I can't see them, so just ignore them. Fnord.
A Fan
Keenspot Juggernaut

Next

Return to Mayhem