Fantasy RP Discthread (aka, Author-Man is a lying bastard)

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Fantasy RP Discthread (aka, Author-Man is a lying bastard)

Postby Author-Man on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:18 pm

Recently, I said that I wouldn't be starting any new RPs for a while. However, I have also said of myself (on numerous occasions) that I am a lying bastard. Well, I'm up to my bastardry once again, and am starting a NEW RP! Of EVIL! GASP!

First thing you all need to know, is that it is set in an alternate version of a universe I created for a comic. I say ALTERNATE, because I have changed quite a bit in order to avoid spoilers. Many characters no longer exist, other characters have undergone minor personality changes, and the world's history has been drastically altered to avoid SPOILERZ! for the aforementioned comic. Here's a basic overview;

The world is reminiscent of Final Fantasy, due to the nature of the comic. However, I have only borrowed a few elements that interested me, and the world itself is my own. There are Chocobos, there are Moogles (we'll get to them later), there are classes (like, dragoon, dark knight, etc.). There are also things entirely of my OWN CREATION! MWAHAHA!

The world map... Think of it like a circle, divided into three parts, and with a smaller circle in the middle. The central circle is the nation of Alexandria. Alexandria is your typical medieval European style empire, with castles and the like. It is populated mostly by humans, called Alexandrians. It is technically a monarchy, but it's a monarchy with a very strong military force. Said military force is led by Raphael Drako, a legendary Dark Knight hero (yes, that sounds like an oxymoron, but it isn't. Shut up). Think of him like... Chuck Norris. People fear and respect him around the world... though not for the same reasons as Chuck Norris. And there are no Raphael Drako jokes. Oh, and he rides a Chocobo. That's about it for him. Alexandria itself is very much a melting pot country. All of the major races exist there, with the exception of Pantherans... I'll get to that later, though.

Next up is Panthera, which occupies the third of the map to the Southeast of Alexandria. Panthera is populated by anthropomorphic cat people known as Pantherans. The country is barren, and reminiscent of the African savannah. The people are very tribal in nature, with an emphasis on survival of the STRONGEST. They also have been on-and off at war with Alexandria. However, said wars have petered out and there hasn't been a flare up of fighting in over a hundred years. That said, Alexandria and Panthera have an unwritten understanding that both should leave the other alone.

To the Southwest is Lou, home to the Lou, a race of anthropomorphic canine and vulpine peoples. They are a proud race, and the Lou government is the closest thing this world has to a democracy. It is reminiscent of America in many ways, though in a medieval setting. There is even a mafia, though there are only rumors of this. And, as far as the mafia is concerned, those rumours will stay rumours.

To the north is Mysidia, home to a race of anthropomorphic mice, rats, ferrets, beavers, raccoons, bats and other various
Last edited by Author-Man on Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:37 pm

I shall note that I'm interested and let you talk more for those who have questions.^^; I love the idea, hopefully other will express interest so this can start up eventually.^^
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby littlebeast on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:49 pm

I'm interested but I'm not sure I can handle another RP right now...

But if I was to join I'd probably want to be a civilized monster.
The english language is confused, you know that? For example: You use your feet in soccer, sock people in football, park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway, and apartments are stuck together.
I currently have three ninja points. Status: Kawasaki Ninja.
Previous status: Terran Ghost.
Why not, inventory.
Mandatory link to my comic.
I have a wiki page!
Random hilarious quote time!!
RichM90071 wrote:Ninja'd by a herd of pigs.
littlebeast
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kalga on Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:21 pm

I might want to join..... right after I manage to deciphered the wall o text. It's carving daggers into my eyes while reading.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Author-Man on Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:26 pm

Yeah... I noticed that... Here, tell 'ya what. I'll edit some more space into that.
Good god, that's a lot of text...
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby mind-controlled-bunny@_@ on Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:30 pm

I'm interested in this... but do we have to climb the "wall o text" to enter the rp land ;;T_T...
*alot of reading later*
okay yeah i defiantly want to join :D
mind-controlled-bunny@_@
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Reaver225 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:32 pm

Evil RP! GASP OF DOOM!
| Mental note: Refrain from using the Force while drunk. | Caption contest winner! | "Screw it. Rocks fall, everyone dies." |
I shall delete you, recreate thyself. - Mutamu
"All citizens to either go to the graveyard and dig up corpses or become corpses for not complying." - hazardswake
Maldraugedhen wrote:That would only be if stupidity was a Boolean thing, or if it was like always multiplying a pair of negative numbers (assuming positive is intelligent).
Stupidity has its own infinite continuum, from bordering on the brain dead to just shy of normal.
...I need to not delurk right after a long coding session.
Reaver225
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Author-Man on Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:34 pm

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
<.<
>.>
*flrrd*

Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby catldr24 on Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:38 pm

*expresses interest*
Drayco: ((Oh yeah, I forgot he's been repeatedly used as a weapon during the fight. ^^; ))
At least when I'm multitasking, I know where I can go to retrieve my mind.
My Inventory

Current form: So zetta slow!
catldr24
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:42 pm

*expresses interest*

Just a question. How anthropomorphic are they? 'Get shot with the TF Gun' or Kin level?
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Author-Man on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:04 pm

TF gun typee anthro. And... MORE INFO! YATA!

First off, magic. Getting spells is... well... I'll get to that later. I don't want to have to keep track of what level who is, but if I did, you would get new spells depending on what level you are. But there's no way in hell I'm keeping track of stat based combat, so... Yeah. As to what spells there are, that I do know. The spellbook is basically what there is in FFIX (look it up), and it does much the same thing. ULTIMA IS OFF LIMITS. It is powerful enough to wipe out a small island, and that is overpowered as far as I'm concerned.

Magus University is the school for magic, science, and damn near everything scholarly. It is where you go to become a Mage of any colour; Black (offencive type spells for those who don't know); White (healing and defencive type spells); Red (a bit of both, along with better physical stats, but less magical stats and less spells); or Blue (complicated. I'll get to them later). It is also a centre for historical and scientific study, and is home to the world's single largest library.

BLUE MAGES MAKE MY HEAD HURT! There are two types. One is purly scientific in nature, and has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH MAGIC! This type is basically a glorified biologist, with the added benefit of being able to isolate the genes that allow monsters to do special abilities and gain those abilities temporarily. Yeah, that is scientifically impossible, but this is a fantasy universe. Shut up. The other type is... Well... You know that philosopher who said that thing about fighting monsters and the abyss looking into you? He was talking about the magical Blue Mages. Let's just leave it at that.

There's still more, but I think this is enough for now. Also, hopefully this is less of a wall of text.

Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:06 pm

Coolness. Sign me up for any and all mage classes in which I get spells with makes people hurt.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby littlebeast on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:09 pm

Questions: 1: Are there non-mage classes which get a few spells, and 2: Are there race-specific classes, or is every class open to all (including monsters?)
The english language is confused, you know that? For example: You use your feet in soccer, sock people in football, park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway, and apartments are stuck together.
Why not, inventory.
I have a wiki page!
littlebeast
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kalga on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:10 pm

*Goes off to right about a Lou Black Mage*
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby Author-Man on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:15 pm

PAtience, Padawan Kalga. Let me put up a bioformat first. And tell you about the joy of Summoning.
Which I will do, along with answering the questions that have been and will be asked, after I get me some shuteye.

Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kalga on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:16 pm

Can I light stuff on fire or electrocute stuff with summoning?
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby mind-controlled-bunny@_@ on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:30 pm

hopefully =)
mind-controlled-bunny@_@
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby littlebeast on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:33 pm

You can do that with black magic, foo.

And if it's like in FF, then summoning is basically macro-magic. But don't quote me on that.
Why not, inventory.
I have a wiki page!
littlebeast
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kalga on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:35 pm

Only in later games....
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby littlebeast on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:39 pm

Is that in response to the summoning or the black magic?
Why not, inventory.
I have a wiki page!
littlebeast
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kalga on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:40 pm

Black Magic
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Postby littlebeast on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:42 pm

Weeell.... you're wrong. Fire, thunder, blizzard, were all black magic spells in the FIRST Final Fantasy.
Why not, inventory.
I have a wiki page!
littlebeast
Keenspot Despot

Postby twilightdusk on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:43 pm

hmmm....this looks interesting, though I want some more info before deciding, to be specific:

1) spell lists (mostly becasue I don't want you making up spells on the fly) I'm assuming that you'll have black magic, white magic, and summoning magic if this is FF-esque?

2) jobs (or classes, or whatever you want to call them) list with basic description of what they stand for and what they can do.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome: Poptarts, man. Total firehazard.
A. Einstein: Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its life thinking that it's stupid.
BinaryWraith: Surrounded by idiots and madmen, and no way to tell which is which.
KillerFish:Gah, conflicted! And drunk!
Mostly drunk.
twilightdusk
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Darkness surrounding me, exept for the light of the blood-red moon.

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:44 pm

I'm wondering how the Bio format will look. Considering everything in the RP, I'd say to be wary of it being very specific....
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Kalga on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:44 pm

littlebeast wrote:Weeell.... you're wrong. Fire, thunder, blizzard, were all black magic spells in the FIRST Final Fantasy.

Oh, wait...I meant Summoning. In earlier games, Summoning worked like Fancy Black Magic.
Kalga
Keenspot Deity

Next

Return to Mayhem