[RP] Parthenon High: The Horrible Hobbies

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

[RP] Parthenon High: The Horrible Hobbies

Postby FaweFC44 on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:00 pm

((Welcome to Parthenon High! Discussion.))

The Principal stood at the shut and locked gates of Parthenon High, the entrance - Indeed, the forces at work meant they were the only entrance. Anyone trying to climb the fence would find themselves cast backwards, onto the hard pavement. He clicked his tongue in an exasperated fashion. Everyone was late. This was probably because he operated on 'Principal Time' - He was never early, or late. He was exactally on time, and everyone else was late. Always. He had commanded the new class arrive on time, or there'd be hell to pay. And he wasn't joking.

Parthenon High's detention is hell.

The Principal was a tall and imposing man, towering over even the tallest of Godlings to attend the school. He was the essence of principals everywhere, so much, that when he said success, you could practically hear the capital 'S' at the front. He took his job very seriously - Unless there was some major groveling, excuse-making, or flair to waive away the punishment for not being precisely on Principal Time.

---

Elsewhere, a young thunder god blinked in the harsh sunlight, well on his way to school. He'd be there in minutes, but, like every year, he was dreading it. Swirlies, wedgies, being stuffed in lockers. All were the usual days events. All because Thor, the supposedly mighty thunder god, looked a little androgynous? He muttered darkly, swearing to himself that he'd give Hades a bloody nose if he tried any of his old tricks again this year.
Last edited by FaweFC44 on Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:36 pm, edited 8 times in total.
The 'You Are _ _ _ _!', 'My Personality Is...' and all things related are stupid. There will be no argument on this.
Malachy19 wrote:[07:03] Malachy 19: yes, I TOUCH myself

Context is for the WEAK.
FaweFC44
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Kum-El on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:11 pm

In yet another place the eldest son of a Creator god is also on his way to school, grumbling about having to leave his knife at home. A wooden one just isn't the same. It's like being four all over again...

And in still another place a young Luck god is ambling toward Parthenon High, not overconcerned about his speed, but sure he'll get there in the nick of time.
Responsible, either fully or partially, for Laws of Mayhem Physics 2, 4, 8, 10, 35, 38, 40, 41, 59, 72, 77, 85, 86, and 113
MHT wiki Welcome to the Jungle wiki Bandits! wiki
Kum-El: A version for every occasion. -OzLionHeart
Deus Ex Machina: Because, contrived though it may be, it's more fun than dying. -Author-Man

"Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!"
"Death is lighter than a feather, Duty heavier than a mountain."
Kum-El
Keenspot Deity

Postby Grim Atescu on Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:12 pm

Salmartia dragged her sister. "C'mon, Rien, first day of school!" Tuborien yawned.

"Yes, yes, all good for you since you seem to be diurnal this week, but I'm nocturnal, can't this be a night school?"

Sal chuckled. "No, it can't. Most of the other Gods are daylight lovers." Rien covered her eyes. "Besides, new day, new people."
This is my sig. It is cute. --> @_ *wai!*
The sig likes cookies. --> c@_ *nom*
You will give it cookies, or it will steal your soul. --> @/ *rar*
Beware the cuteness of the sig!
===
"And YOU, Grim, write adorable honeymoon scenes." - VOR
Grim Atescu
Keenspot Deity

Postby 10.0.0.1 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:34 am

Casirian
Casirian arrives, she remains silent and bows respectfully to the principal.

Tif
Tif is as always dressed in a manner that might be better suited to a beach than a class room you know maybe I should look into getting my classes reorganized. Or maybe not she smaks herself on the side of the head stop being so indecisive.
FerretBob: The angry young lady with the hammers is 10.0.0.1
Yun in regards to my RP style: Like the RP equivalent of AC/DC... you play the same character every time, but she's a great character, so we don't mind ^_^
BinaryWraith (Steph from classmates): That was wierd. Not 'sweet transvestite' wierd, more 'sitting in a belltower with a rifle, singing "I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts"' wierd.
binarywraith: What the loligoth. :)
Jonixlord: Does it bother anyone that a girl RPing a guy is getting into a relationship with a guy RPing a girl? just curious.
From Aspects Chapter 8: Ten watched the professor with utmost caution. She trusted this man about as far as she could throw him. Which, given her upper body strength, or lack thereof, wasn’t very far at all.
Yun: Riten himaini ni-Ten, den risenka nige himai (Person-writes not-well Ten, but person-thinks he well)

Kraggi: The fact that you're insulting a majority and not a minority does not make it any more tasteful.
Keenspot Deity

Postby FaweFC44 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:43 am

The Principal's face remained stony, despite the respectful bow from Casirian.

She was a dastardly villain, after all, daring to turn up later than Principal time allowed!
The 'You Are _ _ _ _!', 'My Personality Is...' and all things related are stupid. There will be no argument on this.

Context is for the WEAK.
FaweFC44
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby BrokenWings on Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:11 am

Subena and Groten travelled together toward the school.

Subena looked up at her father. His smile and almost cheerful mood made Subena nervous. The last time she had seen him this happy, she knew he had assigned around 85 detentions in one day. Subena shivered at the thought of sending 85 students to Hell.

Groten almost swaggered forward. Heh, my daughter's going to be in my class this year. I'll have to make sure she performs far above par AND make sure that none of the boys have any time to actually get close to her. He sped up a little bit, knowing that if he wasn't there soon, the principal, no doubt showing up early on the first day, would reprimand them even if he was there on time.

Subena hurried too then, her sheath that normally held her dagger ocassionally slapped her side when she took a particularly fast step or was forced to turn. Though while the sheath contained no dagger she had put a rather large sapphire in it.

They finally walked into the school entrance, one happy teacher, and one nervous and hopeful student.
"I'm more of a man than you'll ever be and more of a woman than you'll ever get" - Angel Rent

"My sins, in red blood, I confess.
Icy-hot razorblade smoothly slices,
As though this was always to be." - Me

The miasma of my soul.
BrokenWings
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:12 am

There was a small flurry of bubbles as Sei approached, looking directly at the Principal, "You couldn't have made a separate entrance for me, could you? I'm almost certain it's a mess in there, and this is so inconvenient to not be able to clean before everyone messes it up again..." she mutters, looking more annoyed and anxious to get to work again than upset.
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Piane on Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:19 am

Seth

Seth had just gotten into the school when the gates where locked. "Yes, I'm on time, not sure if the Principal agrees however." Looking at his schedule, "Hm, Deity class, ho joy." Deity 101 was like history, and had alot of lectures, not my idea of fun, the only thing worse was the detentions you get at this school.
Current avatar: Shizuo from Durarara, ready to kick Izaya's head in.
Current theme song: "21st Century Schizoid Man" By King Crimson

Hello, and welcome to the mental heath hotline...
Piane
Keenspot Despot

Postby Yun on Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:27 am

The orange haired, yellow tunic clad youth passed the principal, not concerned in the least about anything the authority figure might have to say and took a spot by the gate, but not before accidentally setting fire to a random student's notebook.
Last edited by Yun on Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yun
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Doomsayer on Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:36 am

Kiera sighed, and halted just out of sight of Parthenon High's ominous gates.

Great, another school year...

...and another opportunity to witness parents cheerfully saying goodbye to their godling children.

And yet, I have been wanting to test my abilities...

She grinned wickedly.

I suppose school can't be that unbearable.

And with that, she resumed walking, determined to arrive on Principal Time at least once this year.

It's just a jump to the left... then a step to the ri-i-i-i-i-ight! Put your hands on your hips... and bring your knees in ti-i-igt!

Inventory:
TF Gun, Six pack of unlabelled soda, Squirrel teddy, Dead fish, Cookie wrapped in no-longer-shiny tin foil, Herald's trumpet, Shiny hubcap, Can of mackerel, Bag of salt-n-glass cookies, Infinite Scroll of Doom-Ish, Yarnball of confusion, Pair of ooze-coloured sunglasses, Ball of Ekiness, Apocalypse colored life-sized yoshi plushie, Salt-n'-Glass muffin
Doomsayer
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Author-Man on Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:43 am

The next to arrive at school was Vishnu, in his male form. He bowed deeply to the principal. "Sorry I'm late sir won't happen again sir please don't give me detention sir."
To be fair to him, it wasn't his fault. He had made the mistake of being Maya that morning.
Geeze. So I took a bit longer in the shower than you expected? What's the big deal? I mean, we aren't late or anything.
Early is on time, on time is late.
Oh, nag nag nag. You need to learn to lighten up, boy.

Meanwhile, a few blocks away, Monkey walked his way to school at a nice, leisurely pace. He wasn't too worried about being late, but at the same time he wanted to at least be vaguely on time.
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Malachy19 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:27 am

From behind the young Thor could be heard the gentle humming of "Ode to Joy." If the young godling would turn around he would see Rellis, the young pale faced pretty boy smiling back at him.
"Everyone wants my bacon. My delicious Canadian Bacon" -Camo
All my Characters, in one handy Place
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby matthlord on Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:59 am

((How is the surrounding anyway, like a town or a magical building floating in the sky?))

A small white cloud had allready made it into the school before the gates where closed. Snow started to pour out of it, and soon a foot popped out. And there was another foot, and attched to the foot was a leg, and another one of course. And to save me the effort of describing the whole human body, the rest of Skadina came out of the cloud as well. The little cloud now shrunk even more and started floating above her head. The little cloud kept on snowing as it followed her around while she walked into the school building.

"Just in the nick of time Risel." ((Risel is the cloud's name.))
matthlord
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Tacharan on Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:13 am

Karantas

Aphrodite and Hermes pop into existance with their little bundle of joy Karantas. As they walk towards the group motherly and fatherly advice is dispense, but what's new?

"Don't forget to spread a little love around. Highschool is the perfect practice ground for any young love godling." Hir mother starts while Hermes puts his other arm around her to get her attention.

"And don't forget to shower early before anyone gets in. We don't want you causing any trouble because of how you were born." He adds which is quickly picked up by Aphrodite.

"But don't be shy to get a boyfriend or a girlfriend, dear. You know how I feel about young love!" Which has Hermes rolling his eyes...she always thinks about love and nothing else...

"Study hard, but don't forget to relax a little." He says as his child turns to give both hir parents a tight hug.

"I love you both. I'll make you both proud." Shi says sweetly, ending up with a family hug that could give everyone cavities.

Amyna

Sigh. 'They are both too busy...again. I love my parents but why can't they ever be there for me?' As she walks past the gates towards the principal, her blue eyes meet with Karantas's happy family. At first she looks almost as if she'll cry, but then she suddenly bangs her head a few times going. "Stupid, stupid, stupid."

'I can't let that get me down. This school year is bound to be a lot of fun! So my parents aren't here. They need to go protect people and that's more important than me going to school for the first time. Keeping people safe is always going to be extremely important. That's why I'm going to learn as hard as I can so I can make them proud.'

Suddenly looking a whole lot more cheerful, she runs up to the Principal and thrusts a fist into the air. "Teach me, I'm here to learn!" She'll say with a squeel.
ImageImage

Tacharan means changeling and that's just what I am, a shapeshifter. I'm a natural born girl but I can and will take different shapes, just take a look at my avatar to see what I am today. Oh, and call me Tach!

Here is my page, you can see my inventory there: http://www.editthis.info/egs_mayhem/Tacharan

Karantas and Amyna of Parthenon High. The wikispace is here.
Tacharan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Random_Sage on Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:25 am

Sage, being the pool of random that he is, was not content with merely showing up at school, had to make an entrance. And so it happened that he came hurtling out of a void in the air, sending him crashing straight into the gate. "Ow... next time I need to remember to check that My voidport doesn't route me through Cuthulu's vacation home. He's always so touchy." He stood up and looked around and seemed quite surprised to see so many people had already arrived. "Wait... I left early. Why are there so many people here before me? Ah crap, I lost time in the void again didn't I? Great, now I'll have to reset all my clocks."
ImageImage

"There is a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line"- Oscar Levant
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"- Adam Savage, Mythbusters
"Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but usually manages to pick himself up, walk over or around it, and carry on."-Winston Churchill
ProfessorTomoe wrote:It's the Internet, for crying out loud. Nothing on it can ever truly look respectable.
Random_Sage
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Dayantis on Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:28 am

Yun wrote:The orange haired, yellow tunic clad youth passed the principal, not concerned in the least about anything the authority figure might have to say and slipped into the school building, but not before accidentally setting fire to a random student's notebook.

Alastrom walked to the school at a leisurely pace, his loose-fitting clothes swaying easily around him as he walked. As he arrived at the school gate, he saw a large and imposing man, whom he presumed to be the Principal. He smiled warmly at the Principal, not realising he was late. However, the general contempt that was radiating from the Principal made him feel uneasy as he passed, and he felt a shifting of energies inside him.

'Oh, please don't let me Turn this early!' he muttered to himself, hoping that he wouldn't shift into the Orpheus persona. Then, a youth in a yellow tunic hurried past Alastrom, and his notebook caught fire. This was enough of a spark to cause him to Turn. Within the blink of an eye, his easy-fitting robes were gone, and a heavy, black, hooded cloak took their place. The boy, now Orpheus, shot the Principal a contemptuous glare, then walked toward the school, patting his notebook out against his cloak until the flames were out.
Dayantis
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby jfan999 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:27 am

Aragin was angry, and it wasn't because he had been turned into a teenager and forced to go to school. well actually that had a lot to do with it, but it wasn't entire reason he was angry. Fate, in all her kindness and generosity, had semi-adopted him while he was in school. She played the part of an over enthusiastic mother a little to well, which annoyed Aragin to no end; which brings us back to Aragin's anger.having had been forced to walk to school with Fate, he was just about ready to kill something.

"we're here you can leave now," Aragin said to fate.
"I just want to see you go inside," Fate replied.
"Something bad is going to happen isn't," Aragin sighed.
"you'll just have to wait and see," Fate said smugly.
inventory:
-TF Gun powered by the condenced contents of the time space Continuum
-A squirrel Teddy
-A cookie with shiny wrapper
-Six cans unlabeled soda
-A dead fish

I’m sorry you’re too socially acceptable to be socially exceptional

Jesse_God_of_Awesome wrote:Yes.... Bullet to the Stomach was never my favorite flavor either.

shamelessly advertising noone's naruto roleplay site
jfan999
Keenspot Despot

Postby Drayco on Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:58 am

Zhu Rin, sitting with a smile on the back of her tiger, Fluffy, happily rode up to the school and stopped near the gates. She looked at the principal appraisingly, as if studying an opponent. He's big... I wonder if he's the guy who runs the wrestling team here... he looks like he'd be fun to fight.
She gave a wild grin at the principal, then patted Fluffy on the head, the tiger heading on into the school grounds.

~ ~ ~

Maple, surprisingly enough, was already on school grounds, and had been for at least a day or so, getting acquainted with the local wildlife. Currently she was in one of the courtyards (I don't know where one is in relation to everything else, you can pick where, Fawe), sitting partially in one of the trees, having a conversation with two squirrels and a number of birds.
Current Avatar: Drayco, new and improved. Thanks Sanchay!
And it's a link too! Adawwable.
And random links:
This, my friends, is why I use a Mac.
Drayco
Keenspot Deity

Postby twilightdusk on Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:23 pm

((OOC: Torkell talks/thinks in orange, things inside (()) are OOC))

Torkell hung inside a loose cloud near the school, not having taken form yet, he was going over a list to make sure he had everything he needed.

Paper, pens, check
notebook, check
asorted clothing, check
various other supplies, balance, mesuring stick, some books, check
I think that's everything, alright, here goes nothing

Torkell willed his suplies into a pack to carry more easily, and then used the cloud to give himself form. He timed it so that the momment he was formed, he was wearing a blue shirt and yellow pants. his skin was a bit pale and his body was a bit on the thin side, but ti didn't look too unnatural. he had yellow hair and glowing yellow eyes. he was standing at the edge of the school grounds.

Torkell walked up in front of the principal, wating for the school gates to open.
Last edited by twilightdusk on Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome: Poptarts, man. Total firehazard.
A. Einstein: Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its life thinking that it's stupid.
BinaryWraith: Surrounded by idiots and madmen, and no way to tell which is which.
KillerFish:Gah, conflicted! And drunk!
Mostly drunk.
twilightdusk
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Darkness surrounding me, exept for the light of the blood-red moon.

Postby Piane on Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:28 pm

((ooc: Oi, yellow? Sheez twilight, that's bad for the eyes, not to mention hard to read))

Seth

Seth lesurely went to his deity class, wondering what whould the best way to pass the time during that class.
Current avatar: Shizuo from Durarara, ready to kick Izaya's head in.
Current theme song: "21st Century Schizoid Man" By King Crimson

Hello, and welcome to the mental heath hotline...
Piane
Keenspot Despot

Postby Grim Atescu on Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:34 pm

Sal chuckled as she neared the gate. "Oh, look, the principal's here to meet us!"

"Yes, yes, fine, Sal," muttered Rien. "Can I please sleep now, I'm just too tired..."

"Hi, Mr. Principal," said Sal, waving. "How are you doing today?"
This is my sig. It is cute. --> @_ *wai!*
The sig likes cookies. --> c@_ *nom*
You will give it cookies, or it will steal your soul. --> @/ *rar*
Beware the cuteness of the sig!
===
"And YOU, Grim, write adorable honeymoon scenes." - VOR
Grim Atescu
Keenspot Deity

Postby twilightdusk on Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:45 pm

Piane wrote:((ooc: Oi, yellow? Sheez twilight, that's bad for the eyes, not to mention hard to read)).

((didn't realize how bad it would look, changed to orange))
A. Einstein: Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its life thinking that it's stupid.
BinaryWraith: Surrounded by idiots and madmen, and no way to tell which is which.
Mostly drunk.
twilightdusk
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby FaweFC44 on Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:02 pm

((Just an OOC Point to everyone who's entering the school grounds -
Myself wrote:The Principal stood at the shut and locked gates of Parthenon High, the entrance - Indeed, the forces at work meant they were the only entrance.
- They wouldn't be able to get in.))

The Principal rubbed his temples, muttering darkly about letting there be light in the first bloody place. Back in the Old days, he got to be more vengeful, and overall more fun. The New days were much more boring. Heck, most weren't even about him. He sighed, turning to Sei as she approached, ignoring all the students in favor of the staff member. He nodded slightly to her.

"Thanks for coming. I need more staff members out here, to keep the rabble under control." He muttered, before clearing his throat. His voice was booming, to say the least, as he addressed those gathered. It was the tone of someone who's gotten the speech well and truly memorized, and found it terribly boring.

"Welcome to Parthenon High, Class of '97. Today begins your education...On Godhood. As Principal of said school, I am pleased to welcome you, to a place of magically fun learning...Inserteyerollhere...So you can be the very best you can." He said, tone changing suddenly to eager, of one who enjoys the torment of others, "Why are you all late?"

---

Thor stumbled, the unexpected humming meaning he wasn't concentrating on his feet. Doubly, it meant he nearly ended up with a faceful of concrete, but that didn't seem to bother him so much. He turned, hand on heart, breathing heavily. "D-d-don't sneak up on me like t-that!" He stuttered, fidgeting with the hem of his tunic.

Context is for the WEAK.
FaweFC44
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:12 pm

Sei raises an eyebrow at the Principal, "They're early, Sir...just as you are...and not all of them are fully here, persay...you may have to repeat that speech later..." she states worriedly, though she was more worried about the Principal getting angry than the students...he could actually fire her from the one job where her skills in her domains were appreciated by all.
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby twilightdusk on Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:13 pm

FaweFC44 wrote:((Just an OOC Point to everyone who's entering the school grounds -
Myself wrote:The Principal stood at the shut and locked gates of Parthenon High, the entrance - Indeed, the forces at work meant they were the only entrance.
- They wouldn't be able to get in.)).

((hehe, missed that point, I'll edit my entrance psot a bit)).

Torkell was startled and confused at the Principal's last statement/question. having never lived in proper society before, his first instinct was to answer the question with his own question.

Um, Principal? if the gates are locked than how would being late matter?
Mostly drunk.
twilightdusk
Keenspot Juggernaut

Next

Return to Mayhem