Gravity...is a harsh mistress

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

Postby gwalla on Thu Nov 08, 2001 8:51 am

The new Tick TV show rocks. That is all.<P>------------------
"My work here is done...
I go now, to mess with the Watchmen..."<P> - Darryl a.k.a. the Kingdom Come Baby, "Age of Crisis on Infinite Clones Saga - Chapter One Million: Onslaught of the Secret Genesis Wars Agenda", <I>Plastic Man Special '99</I>
gwalla
Keenspot Deity

Location: Berkeley, CA, USA irc://us.nightstar.net/gwalla,isnick

Postby BAZERKER on Thu Nov 08, 2001 9:19 am

hell yeah it does!
BAZERKER
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Q99 on Thu Nov 08, 2001 10:49 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BAZERKER:
<B>hell yeah it does!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Aggh , I missed it!<P>So it turned out good? They managed to do a good live-action conversion?<P>
Q99
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Sterling on Sun Nov 11, 2001 1:43 am

Yeah, in general, it was a good show. Had me rolling around laughing for most of it. The only times I wasn't, pretty much, was when 'Captain Liberty' was on-stage. I've only seen a bit of the original Tick cartoon, but 'The American Maid' was at least FUNNY. Captain Liberty's just boring.<P>The rest of it is great. Batmanuel is a great replacement for that-other-superhero-with-the-german-name-I-cannot-spell, and the Tick and Arthur are well-cast. And the rest of the first episode was just plain nuts.<P>"Must stop elevator... with head!"<P>------------------
-Sterling
Present day.............
...........Present Time!
Sterling
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby The Incredible Hatboy on Sun Nov 11, 2001 3:37 am

That was Der Fleidermous (I *think* that's how it's spelled), pronouced almost exactly "Deflatermouse". It means "The bat," literally, "the flying mouse."<P>And all this from someone who doesn't even speak Deutch.<P>------------------
Fragmented sentance?<P>Ryan + Diedre=Good!
Joe + Ceilidh=Good!
Cecil + Alison=Good!
(If you don't comprehend, read Avalon)<P>AIM: I am the Hatboy
The Incredible Hatboy
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby hem on Sun Nov 11, 2001 6:30 am

Being a German, allow me to correct it: "Die Fledermaus", which is German for "The Bat". You could also have checked the IMDB entry for the show.
hem
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Strangeone on Sun Nov 11, 2001 7:00 am

Apparently, there were some copyright issues that prevented the producers of the live action series from using the names of varous secondary characters. Thus, American Maid had to be changed to Captain Liberty and so on. It was a change necessitated by force rather than by choice.
Strangeone
Keenspot Juggernaut

Return to Avalon