MNCAN: Mayhem News and Current Affairs Network

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

MNCAN: Mayhem News and Current Affairs Network

Postby Piebunny on Sun May 13, 2007 12:12 am

In a news studio on the outskirts of Mayhem...

"Final checks are good. We are on the air in five.... four.... three...."

All across Mayhem, TV sets tuned to Channel 42 flared into life, displaying a station title card accompanied by a voice-over.
"THIS IS MNCAN, MAYHEM NEWS AND CURRENT AFFAIRS NETWORK. TODAY'S HOPE. TOMORROW'S OUTLOOK. YESTERDAY'S NEWS." The image switched to one of a well-groomed man in a suit. "This is MNCAN, Mayhem's first round-the-clock news network. I'm Richard Head. Without further ado, the up-to-the-minute news.
A rescue operation is being mounted for the four EGS Defense Force leaders abducted by the Evil Overlords United. Ankhareon, Stardrake, Ajac and Jstone were captured in a daring assault on the Strategic Planning Office by the Head Alien from It's Walky!, an ally of the EOU. Their present whereabouts are unknown, though some believe they are still in Mayhem. You're watching MNCAN."
The title card appeared again on the screen. "MNCAN. WE REPORT. YOU DON'T."

((Basically, this is a RP about a news channel covering events in Mayhem. Feel free to take a reporter character and do live on-the-scene (read:green-screened) reports from your RPs whenever major events happen. Please try to be as objective as possible, however.
Richard Head is fully auto-able, though keep him in-character.))
That goat came to me of its own free will.

ImageImage

My buttons have imploded the universe 4 times.
Author of Do the Seconding!
(I take no credit for the Seconding itself; that belongs to ProfessorTomoe.)
Not to mention The Ed Bunny Mysteries!
Hey! I do MSTs! Check 'em out now, funk soul siblings!

There is no Brotherhood.
Piebunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Author-Man on Sun May 13, 2007 12:15 am

((I totally dibs the role of crazy wetherperson, possibly with comically large gun.))
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Piebunny on Sun May 13, 2007 12:23 am

((Jump in any time you like. A quick note: This is a professional news station, so end all on-the-scene reports with "<reporter's name>, MNCAN".))

ImageImage

There is no Brotherhood.
Piebunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby zerras on Sun May 13, 2007 2:28 am

BREAKING NEWS BULLETON!

"This is Toni Zerranati reporting live from Indian Springs Air Force Base, in Un-Sung Heros of K-Site. the 13th Expendable Infantry Squadron and the 26th Engineering Squadron ave come under fire from unknown enemy soldiers. our earliest reports indicate that the 13th has aready suffered heavy losses. We will report more as it devolpes. This is Toni Zeranati, MNCAN."
"To ask for help when your mind is troubled is never a sign of weakness."
"Eldari Saga", "Brown-Dwarf Ramble", "Warsaw the 42nd" and their derivative works: ©2006, Zerras
click me!:Free Stuff!:I has Wiki!:Back when Sonic was cool:bunny XP=5210+
NINA Goddess of Dance

أهب دجاج مقلي
zerras
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: cyuggot ug u vul gliot geh jlequm ni cellequc yum suhhyuomo

Postby Piebunny on Sun May 13, 2007 4:49 am

((To stick in your sigs:
Image))

MNCAN. MORE NEWS THAN EVEN WE KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH.
"The space-borne forces of the EGS Defense Force have engaged the Head Alien's fleet in battle, vowing to wipe them out of the sky. Major Look of the Giant Spaceship Thing o' Doomness says that they are taking no prisoners.
In other news, a strange time disruption has stopped most of the Magical School. Benjamin Dover reports."
A man with a thick British accent spoke over images of frozen students, dragons and gargoyle attacks. "Mysterious time stoppages and monster attacks are currently plaguing world-renowned school of magic, Magos Academy. Only a small group of students are unaffected." Footage of the students fighting the giant dragon played. The voice-over continued. "Sources indicate that an evil being known as Atra-Terra could be to blame. Benjamin Dover, MNCAN."

ImageImage

There is no Brotherhood.
Piebunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jonixlord on Sun May 13, 2007 5:16 am

MNCAN. NEWS YOU CAN RIGHT HOME ABOUT.

Richard Head turned to camera 3. "And now we'll move over to Crispy Baines with sports." The camera shifted and a squat man in a sombrero stood to the side of a generated graphic in a blue suit. (The man, not the graphic.) He spoke, oddly enough, with a welsh accent. "Thanks, Big D! Welcome to the MNCAN Sports Minute: sponsored by Shrink Cola! Shrink Cola. Makes you tiny and the cans are shiny. Today, I'll be talking about the huge battles in different areas of the Mayhem world. Last week, there was a large fight between the forces of Mayhem and the EOU. The EOU had many droids while the Mayhemers had reality mages, ninjas that ignored the Inverse Ninja Postulate, a catgirl or two, robots, and other such craziness. Another battle happened as such at a park in Mayhem." The screen cut to a picture of a crater. Not the park crater, but a crater none the less. "As you can see, that ended with a giant crater being produced. That's all for me. Crispy Baines, MNCAN. Back to you, Rich."
"They can't grab me if I'm on fire." - Dan McNinja

"There's no depth to my shallowness." - Daniel Tosh

My Favorite Webcomic
Jonixlord
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Teleros on Sun May 13, 2007 5:23 am

Put in the proper square brackets to have that pic link to this thread BTW:
{url=http://forums.keenspot.com/viewtopic.php?t=96303}{img}http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/Pieguy259/mncan.png{/img}{/url}

"Returning to the events of Operation: Lagomorph, and fleet correspondent Kate Defoe is aboard the flagship, outside the combat information centre."
*Cuts to Kate, outside an ordinary looking door, with two TDF guards outside it*
"Thankyou Richard. Just beyond this door is where the brains of the Defence Force's fleet are, working hard to destroy the Head Alien's fleet and rescue Ajac and the other captives."
*The door opens, revealing a blurred interior: nothing can be made out. A figure steps out, and the door closes*
"The Head - wait, this is Major Black, head of the newly formed Office of Intelligence. Major, is there anything you can tell us about the battle?"
"There's not much to say at present Kate: we're still in the opening stages. Battles like these have been known to last for hours, so don't expect any major updates just yet."
"Is there anything you can tell us about what's being done here though? What plans are being made to rescue the captured bunnies?"
"I'm afraid I can't say anything on that matter until this mission is over. Now if you will excuse me, I've work to do."
*Major Black disappears around the corner*
"Well that's more than we've gotten from anyone else: I'll be back later with footage from the battle itself. This is Kate Defoe, MNCAN."
Teleros
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Piebunny on Sun May 13, 2007 5:27 am

MNCAN. WHEN NEWS BREAKS, WE FIX IT.

On today's episode of Mayhem Tonight, the man who swindled his elderly grandmother out of $80,000, ran a dodgy building business and drove a busload of fat kids and single mothers on welfare of a cliff. That's coming up on Mayhem Tonight, for when you just don't give a damn about real news.

ImageImage

There is no Brotherhood.
Piebunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jonixlord on Sun May 13, 2007 3:30 pm

MNCAN . ALL THAT AND A BAG OF NEWS.

"And now we'll scoot on down to Crispy Baines, whom, in some odd sort of deal with the network, also does a talk show."

The camera shifts over to Crispy's area again, but the setting has changed. He's sitting behind a desk with a couch to his left. "Welcome to Crispy's Chatshack. I'm Crispy Baines and today we're talking to a member of the EOU." An Imperial Stormtrooper walks onto the set and sits on the couch.

"You know, Crispy, I'm not a member of the EOU. I'm a member of the Galactic Empire. My troop designation is Clone #J/XrD. I'm par- "

"You're not an EOU member? Well, in that case... Charles, Rocks!"

A bunch of rocks are flung towards the stormtrooper, whom, because of the Stormtrooper Effect, dies.

"Well, that was fun! We'll see you next time. Crispy Baines, MNCAN."

My Favorite Webcomic
Jonixlord
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Piebunny on Sun May 13, 2007 9:49 pm

MNCAN. COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS, AT LEAST WE'RE NOT FOX.

"Now to check the latest news from all fronts of the Crossover Wars. First, from the Park, here's Benjamin Dover."
Ben Dover appeared on screen, standing in the ruined park. "Thankyou, Richard. As you can see, all is quiet on the Park front, the guns of war now silent. Restoration plans are already on the table, and this reporter hopes they will return the park to its former beautiful state. From Mayhem Off-Central Park, Benjamin Dover, MNCAN."
"Thankyou Ben. Next, from the Mall, here's James Dandy."
The screen flickered to the roof of the ruined Mall. "Good afternoon, Richard. I'm standing here on another battlefield at peace. This shopping mall saw several battles- between Anya Razan and Squata, against the EOU, against tentacled beasts from another world, against a tear in space, against zombie catgirls- but now, at last, the mall is at peace. Already, shopkeepers are returning to their shattered stores and taking stock of their merchandise. At Mayhem Mega-Mall, James Dandy, MNCAN."
Richard nodded. "Next, to Fort Mayhem, and Theresa Green, what's the situation there?"
The image snapped to one of an attractive woman standing in the medical bay of Fort Mayhem. She nodded, "Hello, Richard. I'm here in the medical wing of Fort Mayhem. Not much is happening at the moment; the wounded are recovering and the staff are tending to them. Everyone else seems to be on their way to fight the Head Alien's forces in space. From Fort Mayhem, Theresa Green."
"Speaking of which," Richard continued, "it's time to check with Justin D. Nickerthyme, on board the TSS Oriskany."
Justin stood on the bridge of the Oriskany, which was full of people rushing everywhere. "As you can see, Richard, it's pandemonium here in space, with everyone preparing to launch the attack on Head Alien's forces and recapture the three stolen Fanworks ships, as well as rescue the four EGS Defense Force leaders abducted by HA. I'll bring you more news on the situation as it comes. Aboard the TSS Oriskany, Justin D. Nickerthyme, MNCAN."
Richard reappeared on the screen. "You're watching MNCAN, right back after this."

ImageImage

There is no Brotherhood.
Piebunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby KylenPhylar on Sun May 13, 2007 10:53 pm

"Now over to John Fro. John?"

"John Fro Reporting from Portal central, where board known Kylen has opened his new RP, SkyWorld. More to come as the day progresses. This has been John Fro, MNCAN."
Avatar By Sanchay. Yes, the Original is back
ImageImage
Because I think I am. As does Nok, who counted the points
~ I know -I'm- not dead, just lacking in the meat department. ~: BinaryWraith

Supreme Commander of Fort Mayhem. Meaning No "My Gun is Bigger" fights, got it?

My ForumFics: The Writer's Pen, Wolf of the Seas
KylenPhylar
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Cuddling with Hinata, working on a world domination plan.

Postby Piebunny on Sun May 13, 2007 11:05 pm

MNCAN. BROADCASTING MIND-CONTROL SIGNALS INTO YOUR BRAIN SINCE 2007.

"Now over to Robert Ferapples for the latest from the Count to One Million. Robert?"
"Richard, the count stands at 18,090 and it shows no signs of slowing down. At this rate we should reach one million by at least 2054."
"Thankyou, Robert. Over to Stanley Duppanshout for the latest from the My Rock thread. Stanley?"
"It appears that A Fan is currently in possession of the Rock, though Jonixlord is in hot pursuit."
"Thankyou, Robert and Stanley. You're watching MNCAN."

ImageImage

There is no Brotherhood.
Piebunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ThatCanadianDude on Sun May 13, 2007 11:09 pm

MNCAN. IT'S THE NEWS....THATS IT.... GET USED TO IT...

"And now, with recent Mayhem deaths, we have Rodger van Mortis. Rodger?"

The camera switched to a rather pale, skinny man with high cheekbones.

"Thank you, Mr. Head. Recently, a quiet death was given to the recently born RP known only as the MegaMan Legends RP. Currently, it's father, That Canadian Dude, is being question about it's death. More information as it comes up. The Mayhem Morge, Rodger van Mortis, MNCAN."
I see dumb people reading my sig

"CORRRRPRAAAAAAAAL JEEEEEEENKIIIIINS!" ~ Me, Myself and I after I started playing Mass Effect

Current Status: Meh
The First Test Comic Of My New Comic Idea
Movies with the Insanity of a Manity
Dangeresque 2 Theme directed by, written by, and starring yours truly
ThatCanadianDude
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: If you can't figure it our, you don't deserve to have cognative thought processes...

Postby Joeldipops on Mon May 14, 2007 1:24 am

More on those stories eventually.
Don't forget, you can view up to the day coverage of the war on http://www.joeldi.murrawhip.net, Project Lagomorphs home away from home
How much XP do I get for being mentioned, by very vague reference, in an EGS news post?

Ex Host of The EGS/CRFH!!!/EOU Crossover Comic!

El Goonish Shive: Not too many series manage to succesfully pull off belonging to the Fantasy/Action/Sci-Fi/ Romance/Comedy/Drama Genre...EGS does.
Joeldipops
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Piebunny on Mon May 14, 2007 3:59 am

MNCAN. FACE IT, WE'RE THE ONLY SOURCE OF NEWS YOU HAVE.

"I've just been handed a special bulletin. Over to Theresa Green at Fort Mayhem, who has managed to obtain an exclusive interview with Acting Commander of the EGS Defence Force, Amon Star. Theresa?"
Theresa appeared on screen. "Thanks, Richard. I'm here with Acting Commander Star, who has promised to answer as many questions as he can about the war's progress. So, Acting Commander, my first question: How many EGS forces have been wounded or killed in the Wars so far?"
"The exact number is unknown at present. However, actually fatalities are surprisingly low due to our advanced medical techniques."
"Give me an estimate of the EOU's casualties."
"The Ratio of EOU fatalities to confirmed EGS fatalities is in the region of 10:1. In our favour, of course," Amon replied.
"Any news of the Head Alien's four prisoners?"
"They will be brought home to us soon enough."
"You mentioned advanced medical techniques. Could you elaborate?"
"I'm sorry, but I'm not a medic or a doctor, so I don't know the details. However, I can say that we have Technological, Magical & Other techniques."
"Have you found any way to stop DRACO portals from opening?"
"I'm sorry, but that information is Classified."
"Are there any plans to take the fight to the Overlords?"
"I'm sorry, but that information is Classified."
"I'll ask you this final question, then: In your opinion, are we winning the war?"
Amon paused for some time, then answered: "This war is far from over, but we have proven that we can't be taken by force. Therefore, this has become a battle of wits. However, we have the advantage of facing 1 foe, while our enemies face many. Regardless of what happens EGS will be secure, that I can promise. However, whether the EOU will fall or not has yet to be determined."
Theresa turned back to the camera. "Well, there you have it. A guarantee of EGS' security straight from the man himself. At Fort Mayhem, I'm Theresa Green, MNCAN. Back to you in the studio, Richard."
"Thankyou Theresa. Stay tuned, you're watching MNCAN."

ImageImage

There is no Brotherhood.
Piebunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Piebunny on Tue May 15, 2007 2:43 am

MNCAN. DOUBLING POSTS SINCE RIGHT NOW.

"We now return to our correspondent aboard the Oriskany, Justin D. Nickerthyme. Justin?"
"Thanks, Richard. Preparations continue aboard the Oriskany for the mission to recapture the three captured Fanworks ships, as well as the Head Alien's four prisoners of war. The time when the ship will make the jump is as yet unknown, however, we will continue to keep you posted as events aboard the Oriskany unfold. Justin D. Nickerthyme, MNCAN."

ImageImage

There is no Brotherhood.
Piebunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Teleros on Tue May 15, 2007 3:42 am

Piebunny wrote:recapture the three captured Fanworks ships

Believe it's around 8 actually ;) .

MNCAN. NEWS FROM THE ONLY PLACE THAT MATTERS.

"We're back now to rep-"
"The TSS Excalibur reporting for the defence of EGS."
"-oe, who is aboard the flags-"
"Captain Gates of the Alliance Navy here: where do you want me to park the old girl?"
"I'm sorry, it appears there's a newly arrived warship broadcasting on all frequencies. We'll be back to Kate later."

Feel free to interview Captain Gates (think O'Neill from SG1) :) .
Teleros
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Piebunny on Tue May 15, 2007 3:55 am

MNCAN. IF WE DIDN'T REPORT IT..... IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

Coming up on MSN, Mayhem Sports Network, the latest from the Battle of the Pics- who will eventually win? Also, how to tell one boofhead footballer from another. That's all coming up on MSN- not just an IM client anymore.

ImageImage

There is no Brotherhood.
Piebunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jonixlord on Tue May 15, 2007 12:44 pm

MNCAN. BALLS TO THE WALLS NEWS.

"This is Squirt Mudbottom with the Gossip Report. It seems that a long lost tenant has finally returned to the Steel Spork Inn. Miahru...uh Miharu returned in a blaze of treats and glompage some few days ago.

In other news, The Cameo/CCCM (ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE) has calmed down. With reports of a ceasefire coming in, could these two be on the fast lane to friendship? This reporter thinks not.

In our final article, Code Lyoko's second thread has started a few months after the first one, started by Atashi_Cloud, was ended abruptly. ((Mostly my fault, I reckon!)) This new thread is already on its ninth page with little signs of slowing down. This has been Squirt Mudbottom, MNCAN.

My Favorite Webcomic
Jonixlord
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Reaver225 on Tue May 15, 2007 2:51 pm

MNCAN. WE TOTALLY DIDN'T JUST MAKE THIS UP.

*text report*

Investigations into the recent destruction of The Park shows the Hammer of Justice was NOT responsible for the tungsten round that ripped a hole in the crust. Exclusive MNCAN sources have shown a dimensional gate opening milliseconds before the shot was fired, the trajectory making it only look like the Ho'J was responsible. Experts have concluded this plothole was made by a more evil duplicate Ho'J from another dimension and it's motives for firing the tungsten round was being more evil than our Ho'J. Critics blame the space fleet for not being everywhere simultaneously.
| Mental note: Refrain from using the Force while drunk. | Caption contest winner! | "Screw it. Rocks fall, everyone dies." |
I shall delete you, recreate thyself. - Mutamu
"All citizens to either go to the graveyard and dig up corpses or become corpses for not complying." - hazardswake
Maldraugedhen wrote:That would only be if stupidity was a Boolean thing, or if it was like always multiplying a pair of negative numbers (assuming positive is intelligent).
Stupidity has its own infinite continuum, from bordering on the brain dead to just shy of normal.
...I need to not delurk right after a long coding session.
Reaver225
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby KylenPhylar on Tue May 15, 2007 10:40 pm

MNCAN: Even if it's not, Because we report it, it's news

AD: Later today on the KyGreg Show: Angst Addicts sound off!
Avatar By Sanchay. Yes, the Original is back
ImageImage
Because I think I am. As does Nok, who counted the points
~ I know -I'm- not dead, just lacking in the meat department. ~: BinaryWraith

Supreme Commander of Fort Mayhem. Meaning No "My Gun is Bigger" fights, got it?

My ForumFics: The Writer's Pen, Wolf of the Seas
KylenPhylar
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Cuddling with Hinata, working on a world domination plan.

Anti-404

Postby Piebunny on Tue May 15, 2007 11:13 pm

MNCAN. IT'S JUST NOT NEWS UNLESS YOU HEAR IT FROM US.

"There have been many reports of the Crossover Wars, however, there are more wars in Mayhem than just that one. Benjamin Dover reports on the latest situation from the war-torn city of Gal-Zabor, which is embroiled in what some have called 'the Original War', or 'War Classic'."
Benjamin Dover stood on a cliff that may or may not have actually been north of Gal-Zabor City, overlooking the city itself, large parts of which were smoking profusely. "Gal-Zabor, a city under siege. The catkin, an anthrocat race from the country of Felina, look to overwhelm it with a weapon called the World Devastator, which is levelling the city piece by piece."
Benjamin's voice with its distinctive English twang continued speaking over images of the fighting below. "The city is ordinarily defended by its army of more than a million zombie warriors. However, they have been separated and divided by the World Devastator's beams, and the catkin Kittens are sweeping over the city like a furry tsunami, eating everything in their paths."
Benjamin reappeared, the wind blowing across his face and hair. "Gal-Zabor City is right next to the Great Waste, a vast and eternal storm of death. It was believed that nobody could cross it. However, this morning, the catkin did the impossible, emerging from the Waste to launch a blitzkrieg on the most vulnerable part of Gal-Zabor. With a good portion of the city already destroyed, there doesn't appear to be much hope for the people and zombies of this once-great city. Benjamin Dover, MNCAN."

ImageImage

There is no Brotherhood.
Piebunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Brylian_Troy on Tue May 15, 2007 11:27 pm

OOC: Booya! Catkin victory! *dances* Everyone wants to be a cat!

For Bast!

>.>

Image Image Image
My art thready =^-^=

I have a deviantart! Mew!

Quote of the Week: Anti-Paragon:
Why is it that the first thing I thought of was some furry humping a mail box?
Brylian_Troy
Keenspot Despot

Postby Piebunny on Wed May 16, 2007 4:11 am

MNCAN. BECAUSE NEWS IS IN THE EYE OF THE REPORTER.

"Breaking news from the space battle. It appears that the ultimate weapon- yes, Squata herself- has been deployed against the Head Alien's forces by the EGS Defence Force. Witnesses to this event are of the well-justified opinion that Head Alien is 'screwed', 'pwned' and 'so dead'. Considering Squata's..... considering Squata, it is probably only a matter of time before the Head Alien is comprehensively defeated, and possibly turned into mince-meat. Stay tuned to MNCAN to find out more. I'm Richard Head."

ImageImage

There is no Brotherhood.
Piebunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Piebunny on Wed May 16, 2007 11:52 pm

MNCAN. IT'S ON TV, SO IT'S GOTTA BE TRUE.

"A shocking development from Magos Academy. For more, here's Benjamin Dover."
Benjamin Dover somehow stood in the Magos grounds despite being at Gal-Zabor only a few minutes earlier. "I'm standing here in the grounds of Magos Academy where, just a few minutes ago, student Jim Titanium leaped from the school's tallest tower. His motivations for doing so are as yet unknown, but miraculously, he does appear still to be alive, though unconscious. Benjamin Dover, MNCAN."

ImageImage

There is no Brotherhood.
Piebunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Next

Return to Mayhem