FANFIC: Basic Instinct (T) FINISHED AUGUST 1ST!

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

FANFIC: Basic Instinct (T) FINISHED AUGUST 1ST!

Postby CidGregor on Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:06 am

As promised, I return at the end of March with an brand-new EGS story to tell! And this time we visit another of everyone's favorite couples, Tedd/Grace!

This is my second EGS fanfic (check out the first, "Twin Envy," HERE.) The first went over so well in my opinion, I found the motivation to write another one, "Basic Instinct." It follows after "Twin Envy," but it is entirely self-contained; there is no need to have read its predecessor to understand this one.

This fic is rated T for some sexuality and a bit of language. Hope you enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basic Instinct

By CidGregor

Rated T

Summary: "Something's not quite right with Grace. Strange urges and embarrassing dreams have begun to plague her, with no clear reason why, and she's terrified of Tedd finding out. What's causing these strange feelings...and is it even possible to stop them...?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One: A Case of the Mondays

“Welcome back from Spring Break, class! I hope you’ve all enjoyed your time off, because you won’t find much more til’ summer!”

He’d said it like it was a joke, really. Like it was supposed to be funny.

Ellen Dunkel wasn’t laughing.

“So, let’s get right back to it!” the teacher said, like it was the most exciting thing in the world to him. “Now that we’ve finished our study of reptiles in the fall and crustaceans over the winter, for spring we’re moving on to some much closer relatives: Mammals!”

“Oh joy,” Ellen murmured to herself, yawning.

“Aww, c’mon Ellen, this is where the really cool stuff starts!” the girl beside her said, and Ellen was astounded to hear that the excitement in her voice rivaled that of the teacher’s.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone this excited about school,” Ellen said. “And that includes my second-life self on her first day. I’m telling you, Grace, it’s unnatural.”

Grace Scuridae tilted her head curiously and gazed back at her. “What’s so weird about enjoying biology class?”

“It’s boring,” Ellen insisted. “Sitting here and listening to some overexcited teacher yammering about a bunch of animals? I’d rather drive a drill bit through my skull.”

“Well I’M interested,” Grace said matter-of-factly. “I’d just love to get a better understanding of all my animal forms, y’know? I wanna learn everything there is to know about them!”

“Ah. Of course. The scientist angle. I forgot you were Tedd’s brain twin.”

Grace giggled and Ellen half-smirked before returning to her lazy, half-asleep daze. Just another day at Moperville South, she thought to herself.

It really was just another day. Things had been awfully quiet since Grace’s birthday party. Save for Sarah’s evil twin incident a couple of weeks ago, nothing terribly exciting had happened; no crazy inter-dimensional goo monsters loosed by Tedd, no raging flame demons or their freakish minions…not even so much as a demonic duck sighting. And on one level Ellen was grateful; it gave her the chance to really ease her way back into school after effectively missing a few weeks due to splitting from Elliot, and to get comfortable with her newfound relationship with Nanase as well. But on another level…

…Well. To put it simply, she was bored. Not with anyone or anything in particular, and not all the time, but she’d gotten so used to all the crazy goings-on among her circle of friends that normal days seemed quite boring by comparison. Sarah’s evil clone trouble was kind of a breath of fresh air, and heck, she almost wished something like it would happen again, just to make things interesting.

Then again, it was Monday. She always felt exceptionally bored on Mondays. Especially after a nice, relaxing, and enjoyable holiday like Spring Break. She’d loved it.

Grace, on the other hand, had simply hated Spring Break. She’d been so excited to finally be going to school that when she was told she had to stay home for a week, she thought it was some cruel joke. If there was one thing that Grace loved more than anything (besides Tedd, of course), it was learning. Telling her she had to stop learning for a week was like telling her she couldn’t cuddle with Tedd. It was a horrid thought, and it made her absolutely dread the thought of summer vacation. She vowed, therefore, to learn as much as possible before then to make up for it. And what a subject to come back to! Mammals! Finally, she could learn all about all the animals whose DNA swam through her body and those of her brothers. It was already fascinating to her, and they hadn’t even begun yet!

One compelling hour of studying the dietary habits of small mammals later, Grace walked out of the classroom, hugging her notebook to her chest happily, while Ellen lagged lethargically behind her.

“I’m gonna just love this unit!” Grace exclaimed as they began the walk to their next class.

“You love everything about school,” Ellen pointed out. “Even math. Ugh, math…”

“Yeah, but I bet I’m really gonna love this! It’s gonna be so fun to study all the animals I can turn into!”

“…You’re a nerd. Cute, but a nerd.”

“Hehe, thanks!”

“You know that’s not usually meant as a compliment, right?”

“But Tedd says nerds are sexy.”

Ellen snickered. “He would say that…” She looked up at Grace. “How is Tedd, by the way? You two still going strong?”

Almost immediately Grace felt a glow warm her cheeks and spread through her whole body as she thought of Tedd. Not for the first time she lamented on just how extraordinarily lucky she’d been to stumble upon him. If she hadn’t seen that article about him and his goo project in the paper that one day, who knew where her life would have taken her…?

Not to the wonderful place it was now, that was for sure. She no longer had anything to fear from Damien, she’d helped free her brothers from his influence, and had even regained a family among them and her grandpa; she had a real home, she had so many wonderful friends…and of course, she had Tedd…probably the best thing of all to happen to her. No one in her entire life, had anyone ever treated her more kindly than Tedd did. He always knew how to make her feel special. She adored absolutely everything about him, from his goofy glasses to his crazy transformation fetishes, and she couldn’t imagine a more perfect way to spend the day than simply cuddled under a blanket with him holding her…

“Earth to Grace? Helloooo? Come in, Grace!”

“H-huh?” she stammered, glancing over at Ellen, who was staring curiously at her. “Oh! S-sorry, heh…got lost in thought for a minute. Um, what were you saying?”

“I was asking how things are with you and Tedd, is all,” Ellen repeated.

“Oh!” she giggled quietly, glowing. “They’re great as always. Tedd’s a real sweetheart…he always does the most thoughtful things for me…and he’s so adorable…”

“So I hear,” Ellen said. She slowly smirked. “So, uh…have you two…y’know…?”

“Hm? Have we what?”

“Y’know….slept together?” Ellen gestured.

“Of course, we sleep together all the time. You know that.”

“No, no, not literally sleep…I mean…” Ellen grumbled. “You need to get a grasp of slang, girl.”

Grace just looked confusedly back at her, not understanding.

Ellen gave an exaggerated sigh. “I meant, have you guys…y’know, been…intimate?”

Grace got it this time, her face exploding into a blush. “O-oh! You mean…oh…”

Ellen nudged her. “C’mon, Grace, you can tell the girls…”

“…But there’s only one of you.”

“Never mind that. C’mon, spill. It’s not like it’s dirty or anything.”

Grace fought hard against her blush, but she wasn’t succeeding very well. “No, we…we haven’t ever gone that far.”

“Really? Never?” Ellen echoed.

“Nuh-uh. I guess I…haven’t really thought about it.”

“Tedd never asked?”

Her blush deepened at that concept. “No! Never!”

“…Wow.”

“What?”

Ellen shook her head. “Nothing. Just not what I was expecting.”

“…What were you expecting?” Grace said, almost afraid to ask.

Ellen smirked again. “That you’ve been going at it like rabbits.”

Grace now resembled a tomato. “Eww, Ellen!”

Ellen laughed out loud. “I’m just saying! Tedd’s kind of a pervert like that, and you guys are certainly smitten with each other--”

“Ew-ew-ew-ew, stoooop!” Grace said, covering her eyes. “I don’t wanna think about Tedd that way yet!”

Ellen wiggled her eyebrows. “Yet?

“ELLEN!”

Ellen clapped a hand over her shoulder, still chuckling. “Alright, alright, you win, I’ll shut up…c’mon, we might have time to grab a snack or something before our next class starts…”

Grace had stopped listening, however. Despite her insistence that Ellen stop her interrogation, for some reason the questions stuck in her mind. She’d never really talked with Tedd about sex, except for that one time at her party, and that wasn’t really the same thing, she admitted to herself. It wasn’t to say the idea never crossed her mind, but it was always a distant thought at best, and as far as she knew Tedd was the same way. They both always seemed perfectly happy with the way things already were. They were happy with tender kisses and warm cuddling and endless hours of just enjoying each other’s company. There was no need to complicate things.

…So why was she still thinking about what Ellen had said?

“Hey, watch out!”

“H-huh--Eeep!” Grace squeaked and gasped as she opened her eyes just in time to see herself run head-on into another student and stumble backward, off-balance.

“Whoa!” a male voice rumbled, and a second later, strong hands shot out and caught her before she could fall. “You alright?”

Grace looked up at the voice’s owner, and she was surprised to find herself staring up into blonde hair and an incredibly handsome set of facial features offset by an earring through one ear. “…Justin?”

“Might wanna watch where you’re going next time,” Justin Tolkiberry said with a friendly smile, hoisting her back to her feet. “You didn’t twist anything there, did you?”

“N-no, I’m fine,” Grace said, feeling oddly embarrassed, and something else she couldn’t quite put her finger on. “Sorry about that, I was just…thinking.”

“It’s fine, really. No harm done,” he assured her.

“Hey Justin, seen Nanase around?” Ellen questioned.

“She just slipped into the bathroom,” Justin pointed a few feet behind him.

“Mm…is that so…” Ellen said with a bit of a smile. “Now that you mention it I better make a stop myself…” She smiled wider and casually strolled past Justin and into the bathroom herself.

Justin chuckled, turning to Grace. “I think she almost enjoys sneaking around with Nanase,” he commented.

Grace simply smiled awkwardly and nodded, her legs strangely frozen for some reason.

“…Grace? You sure you’re okay?”

“H-huh? Oh! Fine, really!” Grace insisted quickly.

Justin raised an eyebrow at her, but he didn’t have time to question her further before the five-minute bell rang, and his eyes widened. “Dah, I’m gonna be late! I gotta run, see you later Grace!”

He hurried off, leaving a dazed and confused Grace standing rooted to the spot. What…what WAS that…? she asked herself. She was still standing there two minutes later when Ellen returned from the bathroom, the fiery-red-headed figure of Nanase Kitsune trailing casually behind her.

“Hey, Grace, you didn’t have to wait for us,” Ellen said.

No response.

“Hey, Grace!”

She jumped. “Huh?”

“Girl, that’s like the third time in five minutes you’ve completely spaced out. What’s with you this time?”

Grace shook her head sharply, trying to clear it. “It was the weirdest thing…”

“Weirder than anything Tedd cooks up? I doubt it,” Nanase chimed in with a smirk.

“…I think for a second there I was…attracted to Justin,” Grace murmured, surprising herself.

Nanase raised an eyebrow, giving Grace an odd look, but Ellen just laughed it off. “Well, Justin’s an attractive guy. I’d certainly call him cute--…what?” she trailed off as Nanase gave her an evil eye.

“No, I mean…not just like thinking someone is cute,” Grace said. “I mean…I actually felt attracted to him.”

“Ehh, I’m sure anyone with an interest in men has been attracted to Justin at one point or another. It’s like a…magnetic aura around gay guys,” she added with a chuckle.

“It still felt weird.”

Still Ellen waved it off. “Don’t worry about it. It’ll pass. Now hurry up, we’re gonna be late!”

Grace didn’t say anything more, shaking her head again vigorously as she walked onward with Ellen. Great, she thought to herself, now I have two problems…first Ellen’s dumb sex questions, now this…

Why had she felt that attraction to Justin of all people? It was definitely an uncomfortable thing to be feeling. No one but Tedd had ever made her feel that way before…why on earth would she suddenly feel it from Justin too…? It didn’t make sense. At all.

She shook her head once more and pushed it from her mind, hoping it would pass as Ellen claimed.

Unfortunately for her, Ellen would only be half-right.

Comments and critiques welcomed and appreciated, as always.
Last edited by CidGregor on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:04 am, edited 13 times in total.
"Nice guys finish last......but only because we have farther to go." - Lord Belgarion

"Lesbians are Neato!" - Tedd Verres

My EGS Fanfiction:
Twin Envy, ALTERNATE ENDING ADDED APRIL 23RD '08!
Basic Instinct, COMPLETED AUGUST 1ST '08!
CidGregor
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DasteRoad on Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:32 am

Heh. I can't really wait to see where this is going, ya know? And I always enjoy your way to describe everyday life in EGS :)

Oh, and "Tedd says nerds are sexy" is just pure genius. Of course, we all know nerds are the very epitome of sexiness! It's true! :lol:

And I wasn't checking Mayhem every day last week just to see if you've began to post it! Nope! Not at all! What made you think of that? :shifty:

Update soon. Please. As you can see, I'm already being "fanficaholic" ;)
DasteRoad :: Colony Scribe, Victory Colony ::
Image Image Image
Yay for deviantArt! :: Current avatar courtesy of vampiress_kat :: WerePigeon467 is my sister. Yep, really! ^^

My EGS Fanfics :: Every Time She Closed Her Eyes :: Nothing at All
My EGS Sims :: It lives again! There's a brand new thread! OMG!!!
DasteRoad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby A Fan on Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:55 pm

An excellent and intriguing start. Nerds are indeed sexy, as we all know. I have a pretty good idea of what's happening with Grace, but I look forward to your explanation thereof. Update soon!
For information on this and other subjects, consult your local ninja.
Best EGS Video. Ever.
Remember: You can't spell combustion without two O's
I had to remove my personality test graph from my sig. You can still see it by clicking these sentences.
If you encounter a strange symbol in my posts, it's from a glitch in my keyboard. I can't see them, so just ignore them. Fnord.
A Fan
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby DasteRoad on Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:03 pm

A Fan wrote:An excellent and intriguing start. Nerds are indeed sexy, as we all know. I have a pretty good idea of what's happening with Grace, but I look forward to your explanation thereof. Update soon!

Yay, we are two at least! :D *dances*
Image Image Image
Yay for deviantArt! :: Current avatar courtesy of vampiress_kat :: WerePigeon467 is my sister. Yep, really! ^^

DasteRoad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby The Rabbity Thing on Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:38 pm

I think I see where this one is going, but the it isn't the destination that matters.

I look forward to the journey, Gregor.
Kyrio wrote:So in conclusion, this thread's gotta have more cowbell or it can't get over 9000. And we can't have that, or Chuck Norris will roundhouse kick our faces. In the end, is this madness? This is Sparta! And when in Rome, all your base are belong to us. Ya rly! Srsly.

Chatbox wrote:[20:43:04] Nevrmore : ♥ gaaaaaay ♥

THE ROBOTS HAVE LEARNED TO GROOVE. WE ARE NOW OBSOLETE.
Yarr Harr Jibbidy Jee, indeed!
NAZI ROBOT!
The Rabbity Thing
Keenspot Despot

Postby CidGregor on Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:48 am

Dang, all of you think you know what's going on?

Either y'all are presumptuous, or subtlety is really not my strong suit.

Probably the latter. x_X
"Nice guys finish last......but only because we have farther to go." - Lord Belgarion

My EGS Fanfiction:
CidGregor
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DasteRoad on Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:11 am

CidGregor wrote:Dang, all of you think you know what's going on?

Either y'all are presumptuous, or subtlety is really not my strong suit.

If it helps you, know I'm pretty clueless right now :nervous:
Or at least, I have a couple of ideas, but right now they're still really too cloudy/foggy/stupid/whatever to put my finger on 'em yet... so update soon, I need more clues to chew upon! ;) :D
Image Image Image

DasteRoad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby CidGregor on Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:54 am

Update: 4/5

Chapter Two: Almost Normal

“So here’s the way I see it.”

“Oh, this’ll be good…”

“Ellen, in a devious plot to destroy all that is good and sexy about lesbians--”

“No, stop right there…”

“--combined the alluring and seductive powers of her Venus form with archaic and forbidden dark magic--”

“Tedd…”

“--to command control over Nanase’s mind to make her think she’s a lesbian--”

“Tedd!”

“--and then intentionally make out with my ugly cousin in front of me until the very idea of lesbians brings me nothing but disgust!”

“TEDD!”

“…what?”

“That’s ridiculous and stupid.”

“Explain!”

“Conspiracy theories aside, Ellen’s too lazy to get out of BED half the time, much less concoct an evil scheme to ruin lesbians for you.”

“I knew it--she got to you too!” Tedd Verres exclaimed, eyes flashing behind large glasses. “Her own brother!”

Elliot Dunkel rolled his eyes and then closed them, lounging on the beat-up couch in Tedd’s basement. “Sure, Tedd. She got to me. You cracked the case. We’re ALL out to get you in a fiendish cover-up to make lesbians totally un-sexy.”

“Y’know, you could at least try to indulge me for a minute,” Tedd grumbled from the computer desk across the room.

“Y’know, you could at least try to be supportive of their relationship,” Elliot countered smoothly.

“…Bah.”

“I’m serious. They have enough to worry about hiding it from Nanase’s family. The least you could do is support her on this end of things.”

“I know, I know, as long as they’re happy, yadda yadda yadda…”

“Good.”

“…I still like my conspiracy idea better.”

“Oh, you’re just riled up because Spring Break is over.”

“That could not be farther from the truth,” Tedd insisted.

“Sure it’s not. You only griped about it all through class today.”

“That was just blowing off steam! Being back probably has its upsides. …Probably. Besides…”

“Besides what?”

“…Ah, nothing.”

“No, I’m curious now.”

“…It’s stupid, forget it.”

“Tedd, c’mon, I won’t laugh.”

“…Yeah, yeah…” he gave in. “…Well not that you’d probably care that much anyway, but now that the break’s over Grace will probably be a lot happier.”

“…She will?”

Tedd smiled vaguely to himself. “I think she’s addicted to school. She loves it. So much so that she got really down when they told her she had to stay at home for a week and do nothing.”

Elliot didn’t seem terribly surprised. “Ah, that does sound like Grace,” he admitted. “So she was mopey and stuff for a whole week?”

“Mopey, depressed, unmotivated, less…”

“…less…?” Elliot probed.

“Less…” Tedd’s mouth moved, but nothing was coming out, like he couldn’t find the right word, and his face was turning slightly pink. Which gave Elliot a pretty good idea what he was talking about.

“Less affectionate?” Elliot offered.

“YES, thank you,” Tedd sighed in relief. “Much better word.”

“Better than what, exact--…actually never mind, I don’t want to know…”

Tedd smirked. “Now who has a dirty mind? I was gonna say ‘lovey-dovey.’”

“…Shut up.”

“What were YOU thinking about?” Tedd teased. “Did a certain girlfriend leave bad thoughts in your brain?”

“N-no, of course not!” Elliot insisted. “We haven’t done anything!”

“Mm. Bet that makes you miss those hot makeout sessions in broom closets with her double, then.” His smirk grew. “Or is real Sarah doing that for you now too?”

Elliot turned crimson for a moment, and Tedd almost thought he might have hit a gold mine. But whether or not that was the case, Tedd never found out, for they were both distracted by the sound of the door at the top of the stairs opening and a familiar voice calling down. “Tedd? I’m home!”

“Grace!” Elliot said quickly, glad for the distraction. “Grace is here!”

“Oh, hi Elliot,” they heard her say as she came bounding down the stairs, already shifting from her human self to her half-squirrel form.

Tedd grinned at Elliot for a moment longer, but let it go as he stood to greet his girlfriend with a warm hug. “Hey there. Good first day back?”

Grace stepped into it, hugging him back. “Yeah, mostly.”

“Mostly?”

“Oh, Ellen was being a tease this morning, and then I crashed right into Justin, and then the weirdest thing happened…”

Elliot cleared his throat. “Well, I, ah, better get going. See you two later.”

“Seeya,” Tedd waved.

“Bye Elli--…” Grace suddenly trailed off as her eyes fell on him.

“…Grace? You okay?” Tedd asked her, but she didn’t respond.

“…What, do I have something on my face?” Elliot chuckled.

“N-no! Nothing! I’m fine!” she suddenly blurted out.

“…Okay then,” Elliot said with a raised eyebrow and an amused smile. “Later guys.”

Tedd hadn’t thought much of his girlfriend’s odd reaction to Elliot initially, but as Elliot climbed up the stairs and Grace’s eyes followed him the whole way, he started to wonder.

“Uhh…Grace?”

The girl jolted in his arms and whirled back to face him. “Yes! Hi!”

“Hi…” Tedd responded slowly. “…Why were you staring at Elliot?”

“O-oh, that…um, I just…smelled perfume on him!”

“…Perfume.”

“Y-yeah, I know, weird, right?” Grace went on. “It’s just barely there, I only smelled it once I got my squirrel senses back, but it’s totally on him, it smells just like that one that Sarah always wears!”

“I think I would’ve noticed if he was wearing Sarah’s perfume…”

“I-It’s just barely there,” Grace assured him. “Like maybe a little rubbed off on him--”

Instantly Tedd’s eyes lit up and he grinned. “Oh, really…? Hah, I knew he left in a hurry for a reason! He was trying to avoid answering me!”

“H-heh, yeah, that’s probably it,” Grace agreed.

“Oooh, I’ve got him now,” he said with a scheming smile, completely forgetting about the last few moments. “This is perfect tease material…with the right spin on it, it might even reach the level of blackmail! Eee-hehehe…”

“Oh, stop,” Grace admonished with a smile, seemingly back to normal. “We both know you aren’t gonna blackmail Elliot.

“…Oh, all right, I’ll just tease him over it,” Tedd admitted.

Grace giggled. “There’s my big, soft, cuddly Teddy bear…”

Tedd smiled back at her, leaning closer. “You like that nickname way too much.”

“Well it suits you,” Grace said with another giggle, and leaned in closer as well. “Underneath all that dirty humor, you’re really just a big huggable teddy bear…”

“Huggable is good…” Tedd agreed, and wrapped his arms around her lower back. “But it’d be even better if I was kissable too…”

“Aww, don’t worry…” she echoed his tone, her own arms encircling his neck. “You’re very kissable, too…”

Whatever distance remained between them was closed in the next moment as their embrace tightened and their lips met, each of them smiling against the other. They rocked slowly on the spot, holding tight to each other as they held the kiss, and it was a full minute before they parted, grinning like fools.

“I love the welcome home kiss,” Tedd said.

“Me too,” Grace sighed dreamily. “Much happier than the morning goodbye kiss…”

“Not as good as the cuddling-you-goodnight kiss, though,” Tedd teased. “That’s a good one…”

“Yeah…but the just-woke-up good-morning kiss is my favorite…”

“Ooh, yeah, me too…”

They shared a quiet giggle over their silly kiss names and simply smiled at each other for a bit, and Tedd took the opportunity to admire the girl in his arms and thank whatever divine power had led her to his doorstep that fateful night. It was a wonder to him that he’d ever managed to go through life without her before then. That night changed his life in so many ways. He’d become more confident in himself, he took better care of himself, he was even less bothered by the teasing of bullies at school. His life as a whole was brighter ever since she’d become a part of it. Like she’d been custom-made by God, or evolution, or whatever, just for him. She was a goddess. A goddess in squirrel-girl form.

Grace finally seemed to notice his gaze, and blushed a little. “Whaaat?”

“Just looking at the most beautiful girl in the world, is all.”

“Aww, I’m not all that great…”

“Oh, but you are. I really don’t say it enough, honestly…”

“Tedd, you say it every day…”

“Which is not nearly enough. Better make it at least twice a day.”

“Aww, now you’re just fishing for another kiss,” Grace giggling through her blush.

“Maybe I am. You gonna bite?”

She flashed her teeth in response and tackled him to the couch, kissing him again.

“I’ll take that as a yes,” Tedd murmured back. He relaxed into it, the rest of the world temporarily forgotten, and as usual he was more than content to lie there and kiss her for a while, and maybe cuddle with her for a quick nap as they often did.

Something about this kiss, though, seemed extra sweet. There was something more to it this time…he wasn’t exactly sure what it was, but he definitely liked it. Maybe it was how long she was holding it, or how her lips felt more soft and full than usual, or how she was putting a little extra passion into an otherwise common kiss…or maybe it was all of the above. Whatever it was, he was grinning ear to ear when they finally parted and she smiled warmly at him.

“What all was that for?” Tedd asked teasingly.

Grace nuzzled her cheek against his. “I’m just…really glad to see you after what happened today…”

“Oh yeah, you said something weird happened…?”

Grace opened her mouth to say something, but seemed to decide against it and shook her head. “It’s nothing, really,” she assured him. “The point is, it made me…really glad to see you…”

“You sure everything’s okay?” Tedd pressed anyway, if only out of concern.

“Everything’s fine,” she assured him. “Promise.”

Tedd was still a little curious, but he let it go as she curled up against his chest and closed her eyes, and there was really nothing else he could do but wrap his arms tighter around her and cuddle her back, smiling as they both settled in for a nap.

“Love you,” Tedd whispered.

“Love you too,” she cooed back, and drifted away…

She was kissing him all over his face, her hands running freely under his shirt as he held her pressed against the wall, stroking across his chest and around to his back. His own kisses wandered from her lips to her cheeks and down her neck while his fingers danced over her shoulders, caressing them. It was sheer bliss. She could barely stand it. She had to have more.

She spun him around and stumbled backward, falling right onto the bed. She rolled over with him, kissing him fiercely, until she was laying on top of him and her hands were feverishly working to open the buttons down his shirt until she lost her patience and ripped the last few open in a fit of passion. Time seemed to shift; now little more than underwear remained between their bodies, and she couldn’t stop kissing him, couldn’t stop touching him, caressing his body, sighing her joyous approval as he did the same to her…she couldn’t wait another minute, she had to have him, she had to—

“Ohh, Tedd!”

Her eyes bolted open with a gasp, her whole body jerking and throwing itself clean off the couch to land unglamorously on the cold basement floor, extra chilling against her flushed body. She breathed heavily, rapidly, trying to calm her heart as it pounded in her chest at insane speeds, and almost gave herself a heart attack when she glanced at her former seat and saw Tedd lying there, but calmed again as she realized he was fast asleep, and thankfully, fully clothed.

A dream…it was just a dream…

“Grace, Tedd, dinner!” she suddenly heard Tedd’s father call down the stairs.

“C-coming!” she called back shakily, and as she watched Tedd start to stretch and yawn, she scrambled away from him, up the stairs and into the bathroom to splash cold water on her face and try to slow her racing pulse. But it did nothing to make her forget the dream unlike any she had ever dreamed before.

What…what’s wrong with me…?

Comments and critiques welcomed and appreciated as always.
Last edited by CidGregor on Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

My EGS Fanfiction:
CidGregor
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Kraggi on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:05 am

Awww...Gwacey is in heat. Poow Gwace.
Kraggi
Keenspot Deity

Postby whackamole2 on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:15 am

I must say, you're an amazing writer. I only wish I could write as amazingly as you... Not to wax, or anything.
But wow. Bravo.
AIM is also Skype SN.
whackamole2
Keenspot Despot

Postby The Rabbity Thing on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:45 am

Way to blurt it out, Kraggle Rock.

Damned....afro pigeon
Kyrio wrote:So in conclusion, this thread's gotta have more cowbell or it can't get over 9000. And we can't have that, or Chuck Norris will roundhouse kick our faces. In the end, is this madness? This is Sparta! And when in Rome, all your base are belong to us. Ya rly! Srsly.

NAZI ROBOT!
The Rabbity Thing
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kraggi on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:46 am

The Rabbity Thing wrote:Way to blurt it out, Kraggle Rock.

Damned....afro pigeon
Afro ROBIN, thank you very much.
Kraggi
Keenspot Deity

Postby The Rabbity Thing on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:49 am

Looks more like a cardinal to me.

NAZI ROBOT!
The Rabbity Thing
Keenspot Despot

Postby Kraggi on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:58 am

He's actually a greek god.
Kraggi
Keenspot Deity

Postby CidGregor on Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:43 pm

I thought it was a rooster, actually. o_O

Glad y'all like it, in any case.

My EGS Fanfiction:
CidGregor
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DasteRoad on Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:45 am

*is grinning ear-to-ear like the silly fangirl she is*
:) :) :)

I really, really, really like the way you're setting this up, and most of all the way you're handling it. Can't wait for more :D

Oh, and Elliot's my hero, but this is no surprise.
“Better than what, exact--…actually never mind, I don’t want to know…” :lol:
Image Image Image

DasteRoad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby A Fan on Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:43 am

Saw it coming...but still very well written. Snuggle time with Tedd and Grace was simply adorable, and I like Grace picking up on Sarah's perfume on Elliot. As always, update soon!
Best EGS Video. Ever.
I had to remove my personality test graph from my sig. You can still see it by clicking these sentences.
If you encounter a strange symbol in my posts, it's from a glitch in my keyboard. I can't see them, so just ignore them. Fnord.
A Fan
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby CidGregor on Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:16 am

A Fan wrote:....and I like Grace picking up on Sarah's perfume on Elliot.

Sure. That's exactly what happened. No subtext or concealment or lies there at all. Nope, none. Not a bit.

Wait...

:wink:

My EGS Fanfiction:
CidGregor
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DasteRoad on Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:18 am

CidGregor wrote:
A Fan wrote:....and I like Grace picking up on Sarah's perfume on Elliot.

Sure. That's exactly what happened. No subtext or concealment or lies there at all. Nope, none. Not a bit.

Wait...

:wink:

You are sooooo sneaky :P :lol:
Image Image Image

DasteRoad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby A Fan on Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:15 pm

I wasn't going to mention pheromones, body-specific scents, or anything else specific in case someone else hadn't picked it up, but now I feel the need to defend my own ability to read into subtext.
Best EGS Video. Ever.
A Fan
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Nasrudith on Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:02 pm

There goes any innocence associated with Grace what so ever. :D Good fanfic so far.
edit: Fixing old typos.
Last edited by Nasrudith on Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Nass for Sister II.
Vote Dan Shive for president of the united states! Who cares that he is too young to run!
XP: 485
Inventory: Newbie Kit with, TF Gun Kamikaze Add-On. 5 Sharpened Brownies
Favorite EGS Comic
Quotes:
"Please tell me it has nothing to with your current lack of pants."
The Slowly in Progress El Goonish GURPs feedback is appreciated by pm or posts.
Nasrudith
Keenspot Despot

Postby Illusionist on Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:25 pm

I love the "addicted to learning" thing, it's just so Grace. And do squirrels even go into heat? Biology isn't really my strong suit, and I'd feel a little weird google searching "Squirrel sex habits".
The book is almost always better than the movie. You could have no better case in point than FROM HELL, Alan Moore's best graphic novel to date, brilliantly illustrated by Eddie Campbell. It's hard to describe just how much better the book is. It's like, "If the movie was an episode of Battlestar Galactica with a guest appearance by the Smurfs and everyone spoke Dutch, the graphic novel is Citizen Kane with added sex scenes and music by your favourite ten bands and everyone in the world you ever hated dies at the end." That's how much better it is. - Warren Ellis.

Nobody ever told Picard that "Ye cannae change the laws of Physics!". They just DID it. - Vampiress Kat.
Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Aranfan on Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:58 pm

This if is the awesome!

Addicted to learning is perfectly Grace. And the teasing is perfectly Ellen. You have an excellent grasp for/or characterization.
Current inventory:
TF gun
Squirrel Teddy
Cookie wrapped in shiny plastic
Five cans of formerly unlabeled soda, they have been labeled 1 through 5
A Dead Fish
Six cans of Root Beer, clearly labeled as such
Hairball of Adorable Doom
Dynamic Sign

Current Status: Kitten of Adorable Doom
Aranfan
Keenspot Despot

Postby randomguy on Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:41 pm

According to Wikipedia, Illusionist, most squirrels do have a particular time of year that serves as "mating season," though the timing depends on the species. Often, this happens about twice each year, and many species mate in late winter (February-March) so the young can be born during the spring. The timeframe here would be around late March-early April if Moperville South has the same spring break that my high school did, a little late but close to the right timeframe.
randomguy
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Illusionist on Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:33 am

randomguy wrote:According to Wikipedia, Illusionist, most squirrels do have a particular time of year that serves as "mating season," though the timing depends on the species. Often, this happens about twice each year, and many species mate in late winter (February-March) so the young can be born during the spring. The timeframe here would be around late March-early April if Moperville South has the same spring break that my high school did, a little late but close to the right timeframe.

Groovy, thanks for that.
The book is almost always better than the movie. You could have no better case in point than FROM HELL, Alan Moore's best graphic novel to date, brilliantly illustrated by Eddie Campbell. It's hard to describe just how much better the book is. It's like, "If the movie was an episode of Battlestar Galactica with a guest appearance by the Smurfs and everyone spoke Dutch, the graphic novel is Citizen Kane with added sex scenes and music by your favourite ten bands and everyone in the world you ever hated dies at the end." That's how much better it is. - Warren Ellis.

Nobody ever told Picard that "Ye cannae change the laws of Physics!". They just DID it. - Vampiress Kat.
Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Next

Return to Mayhem