and... and... Helene...

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

Postby ollie on Wed Aug 22, 2001 3:15 am

Joe's been looking her in the eyes *despite the many forum threads mentioning the distractions* for the whole conversation, the only time he has to look away is when he mentions *her* name...<P>Ceilidh's too busy concentrating on herself to see it as anything more than an example of a one sided relationship, rather than Joe lining his sights up on the next girl to persue once he's manages to brush of Ceilidh<P>as long as he's nicer to Helene than Alan is, i supose i don't mind, but would that turn Ceilidh into another Phobie? or a Helene?<P>it could get very complicated
<P>------------------
ollie.
<A HREF="http://www.drownedinsound.com" TARGET=_blank>www.drownedinsound.com</A>
Music news, reviews and more
ollie
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Nick Pavlovski on Wed Aug 22, 2001 3:32 am

Ahh,
another one!<P>Come, chant with me....<P>Helene!
Helene!!
Helene!!!
HELENE!!!!
Nick Pavlovski
Keenspot Despot

Postby davey3000 on Wed Aug 22, 2001 3:35 am

Yeah, it is a bit foreboding - I'm still unsure as to how hung up he is on Helene, and even Phoebe. I think he may have brushed his feelings for Phoebe aside by now, looking at some of the hints in the past strips. The election saga suggested that he does still harbour significant feeling for her, but given that he doesn't want to lose Ceilidh as a friend, it seems unlikely that he'd ask Helene out. I don't know - it's all rather tense...<P>---
davey3000
davey3000
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Cannonshop on Wed Aug 22, 2001 3:44 am

I think you're missing the obvious here:
Joe looks away as he mentions Alan and... Helene. I think the boy's got some self-blame going for that one, esp. when he's got a girl who's crazy about him, but pushes when he isn't ready to go.
Also, It looks to me like "Cold feet", he's trying everything to keep himself from acting on her offer.
In short:
"Joe's a NICEGUY" (yes, all one word)
whether he likes it or not, and he is trying
to do what is right, even if it's inconvienient.
Cannonshop
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Avalon