Fae RP (No official name yet) Discussion/Sign Up

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Fae RP (No official name yet) Discussion/Sign Up

Postby Miss_Sidhe on Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:55 am

Okay I ran this on another forum and it was semi popular so I figure I'll give it a bit of a try here aswell and if it flies it flies. If it sinks it sinks *shrugs* You can't tell 'less you try right?

So anyway. On topic. The RP. This is going to be a difficult RP for some to get accustomed to I will give this prior warning because its based on a book I've been writing for the last 4 years (well planning in my head, pen hasn't touched paper yet) so the races playable will be very specific.

Basically there are 3 sentient species. The primary one is the Fae which are not your average tiny fairies. Their height is average to and sometimes above or below the normal height of humans. Rather much like the Elves in the LOTR films (Although I invented my fae before I ever watched the films or read the books so thats purely coincidence)

Height and general looks of fae depend on ace. There are 7 distinct races. Dark Fae, Light Fae, Ice Fae, Fire Fae, Water Fae, Desert Fae and Shadow Fae. I'll go into their specifics in a moment. For now we'll say the average fae is roughly human-sized with large horizontally pointed ears (for the general look image the sort of ears KillerFish draws on Fay. I also invented those before I'd even met him or seen his art so again, not copied) and varying types of wings. They have retractable claws much like those on the X-Men Wolverine although not made of metal. Fae are generally empathic and can sense feelings on others although they cannot directly read minds. They do have natural magic powers but anyone making a godmoding superpowered charries is going to be largely frowned upon so.......don't do it, kay?

Anyway species specifics.......

Light Fae - Males are approximately 6ft and over in height. They're never any taller than 6ft 5 as a maximum (unless they're crossbred with Ice Fae but thats a rarity for reasons detailed later in the Ice Fae section). Females are slightly below this although never any smaller than 5ft 8. Normal colourations for the race are light naturally-tanned skin (often prone to freckles), blond or red naturally wavy hair (its always wavy or curly. Straight hair is only possible in crossbreeds) and green or blue eyes. They're a bright very merry carefree race and dress in a gypsyish fashion with bright naturally woven garments, coloured beads and gold hoop earrings (both genders). Light Fae are as a culture extremely social. They are lovers of the sun, enjoy music (many are bards), dancing, and are particularly fond of alcohol and pretty girls/boys (although obviously forum rating means you cannot describe any intimacies).

The main god of the Light Fae is Grian depicted as a giant golden eagle-like bird who they view as their protector, but they also worship many minor fertility gods and goddess and gods of music, dance, poetry etc. These have no names as of yet so you don't need to be specific. Theres a festival on midsummers eve dedicated purely to fertility and the celebration of life and bringing new life into the world. Which in laymans terms means one big orgy but again politeness requires that that be left out of rp. You may say that your character attends it but you will probably not be able to rp what they do there.

It is perfectly legal and infact concidered normal for Light Fae to marry more than one wife at a time. Polygamy is part of general life. If this is offensive to you or your religion I would recommend another race. Either that or engineer a crossbreed if you like the Light Fae race but don't like that or certain other attributes. Light Fae because of this have BIG families. Most tend to have about 4 children minimum PER wife. So yes. Very VERY big extended families. All relatives tend to live together in one house aswell, with all the wives, all the children, husband, parents of the wife, parents of the husband, grandparents from each family etc. As I said they're a highly social and family orientated race.

Light Fae seem to be divided into two main tribes. There are those who live in the capital city Londeyr and dress a little more formally, are more restrained (though they still love their girls and booze) and are generally more civilised. Then there are the wild ones who roam nomadically in open grasslands and meadows, setting up camp wherever the land is good and grazing their herds. These are the ones that are likely to dress in the gypsy like fashion.

Light Fae generally own Skyverns as pets and beasts of burden. A Skyvern is a type of wyvern (a small dragon with wings but no forelimbs) but bears a feathered crest, feathered wings and a feathered tail tip. They're generally blue in colour with black markings around the eyes and muzzle and iridescent black shiny wings like a starling. They are often ridden by male Light Fae and when young are kept as childrens pets. Londeyr houses a main aviary of Skyverns and eggs are kept incubated there until they hatch where upon they are assigned to a Light Fae child as their mate for life.

Dark Fae - Dark Fae are sharply in contrast to Light Fae. They are not evil as one might expect by Dark. But they are very antisocial in comparison to Light Fae (although in comparison to Light Fae, all races are antisocial :roll:) Dark Fae are much smaller than their sunloving cousins coming to a maximum of 5ft 5 for either gender and sometimes being as small as 4ft 9 on very small examples of the race. Dark Fae have very very pale skin. Almost pure snow white. And by contrasting long dark poker-straight hair. Common colours for hair are black, brown or a natural deep plum shade. Common eye colours are grey, brown or in extremely rare cases a sort of multicoloured hue that shows all the hues of the rainbow at once in pale outward rings as if reflecting prisms of colour all at once. These are the most beautiful of the Dark Fae but very rare as that gene is now becoming rare and only occurs every few generations. Both genders keep their hair very long. For Dark Fae their hair is a badge of honour. It is a symbol of their many years alive and the longer it is the more wise and experienced a Dark Fae is supposed to be (their faces are unaging so its impossible to tell an old Fae from a young one). Dark Fae have moth like wings in hues matching their hair.

Dark Fae unfortunately despite their very lovely looks are a very quiet scholastic and serious race. Males dress in long dark robes akin to Druids or Franciscan Monks. Women dress in long formal dark dresses that cover much of their bodies and have their hair tied back very severely in buns or braids. For a Dark Fae girl to dress revealingly or behave in a manner that is lewd is a disgrace to her people and she will be punished in the stocks for her offenses. Dark Fae for this reason are not too friendly with Light Fae.

Dark Fae LOVE to read. They will shut themselves away from interaction quite happily for days, weeks, months to study lore, magic and other pursuits of knowledge. Give a Dark Fae a good book and you have a friend for life.

Dark Fae are also highly religious. They worship Eayst the Moon Goddess and hold solemn almost coven-like meetings to worship her in a manner completely unlike the wild drinking and partying that a Light Fae festival means.

Dark Fae are entirely vegetarian. Vegan infact I suppose. They will not eat animals or any by products of them. Mostly their diet consists of home-grown vegetables, berries they gather in the wood and edible fungus. Why this is I don't know but they seem to have a very spiritual connection to the animals they share their home with and perhaps feel it an offense to eat their neighbours?

Dark Fae live in thick dark solitary forests and build stone cottages in which they live.

Ice Fae - Ice Fae are the tallest of the races at well over 7ft. Everything about them is long, thin and sharp. They have angular jaws, long faces with sharp cheekbones and are prone to pointed noses (although with good breeding more attractive noses and features are possible) Ice Fae are an unpleasant race. Again they are not evil but like the Dark Fae they're a race that can be extremely nasty. This is because Ice Fae are largely incapable of emotion. They cannot love, they feel no guilt, no sense of duty, no need to have fun. They can be cruel and sadistic though if it amuses them to do so. Ice Fae form relationships purely to breed and prolong the species. A male and a female will be in the company of one another long enough to do the act and then both part and never speak to another again. The father will never see his child. Even the mother will hand the child to a hired nanny (usually of a different race) to have it raised for her once its weaned.

Ice Fae live in vast fortresses to the north where the land is all snowy wasteland. They dress richly in furs and drip with extravagant jewelry. They're often pencil thin and unpleasant much like a stereotypical supermodel diva. To them all the other races are rubbish and not worth the time of day. But it amuses them to make a sport of them so often they will hold games and contests. These will basically be akin to the gladiator sports that were held in ancient Rome. They have large arenas built from ice and will invite competittors there to fight for a prize. This prize is never recieved. Ice Fae have notoriously tight pursestrings. They will often arrange for both warriors to have their equipment sabotaged before the fight or pit warriors against each other knowing that both will kill each other. Few survivors escape Ice Fae Battle Rings. If one of the combatants does survive the fight and emerge victorious he will not recieve his prize. The Ice Fae will summon the guards and have him thrown into the dungeons. As I said the Ice Fae make a sport of being cruel.

Common hair colours for Ice Fae are White, Silver or very very rarely a sort of Greyish-Blue colour (like that of slate) but like the multi-coloured eyes of Dark Fae this is a dying gene. Eyes are silver or very pale icy blue. Ice Fae wings are like jagged spikes of silver they are seemingly decorative and useless for flight.

Ice Fae are cold-loving. They cannot survive high heats and tend to hibernate during summer months. They exude a natural coldness akin to the cold slap of air one feels when opening a large freezer door. Every part of them exudes this. Yep even THAT part. This means they can generally only breed with their own kind. However crossbreeds are possible but rare. Generally for an Ice Fae hybrid to occur the mother must be Ice Fae (any other race would die of the exposure) and its likely that the act of intercourse will kill the father so Ice Fae hybrids never have a father. Also survival of the child depends entirely on ratio of genes. Hybrids that are less than 40% Ice Fae are likely to be stillborn. Hybrids are also completely sterile. Much like mules.

Fire Fae - Fire Fae are again like the Dark Fae/ Light Fae contrast, completely different to Ice Fae. They have their similarities. Both love blood sports. But where as Ice Fae are deceitful cunning and wicked, Fire Fae are straightforward brutes who love war and charge headfirst into battle at the slightest insult. Fire Fae are structurally different to any other fae. They're only about the same height as an average human but they're probably the most sturdily built. Both genders are heavily built. Females are wide hipped, have muscular arms and legs and are seldom pretty unless they're hybrids. Males are built like brick houses. Huge muscular bodies, no neck, brutish features and very small practically non-existant wings in both genders. Wings are flame coloured. Fire Fae have ruddy brown-red skin. Like a native indian. But strangely they also have red hair. And quite often red or copper/orange eyes. Sometimes they have black hair and the rare golden haired example has been known but generally the basic look is red on red.

They nearly always wear armour, and female armour is NOT the scanty female armour of fantasy art. Its identical to the male armour, thick heavy and conceals most bare skin.

Aaaaaaaaand...... that is all I have time for today. Damn short library sessions. I will write up some more tomorrow hopefully.

Stay tuned. Eventually this will be an active RP!
It's hard to look bad-ass when using fairy powers...

Rated R for Language, Violence and frequent Loincloth removal

If you get to be naked, I get to be naked. It's only fair

Let those that cursed my name, curse me still and whine their way back to the cages of the Valar.

ImageTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

One Cookie to rule them all!
Miss_Sidhe
Keenspot Despot

Postby clawlikedragon on Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:10 pm

Hmmm, I might join, although the first four fairy races don't look my cup of tea... 'Cept the dark type, they remind me of Cannis from Fire Emblem... A bit.
"I once was unhappy that I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet."

"Yes, you are a terrible and stupid person for you cannot appreciate the corners of appartments." Bloo; Foster's home for imaginery friends.

In the near future, I hope to own my own copy of brawl.

Inventory:
A TF gun
A dead fish (haddock i think)
A cookie wrapped in plastic
A squirrel teddy
A six pack of unlabelled soda
clawlikedragon
Keenspot Despot

Postby Berk on Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:57 pm

Sounds interesting, a touch of plot would also be handy once you have the races down.
Berk: Logically breaking the laws of logic.
Epic Bunny: 11910 Bunnypoints

Cool Ellen quotes:
Is that all you noticed while in my shirt?
Yo Piggy! Get away from my brother 'fore I make you squeal!
Ah Yes, The Wonder Twins... They do complicate matters don't they?
That crazed look could have meant any number of things!
I feel significantly less menacing.
Blasphemy!
Given that I'd be in the closet with another girl, I don't think I'd be doing a very good job.
I'm supposed to know how magic works?
I thought I was ready for man-on-Ellen loving.
Mom told me to wake you. She was unspecific as to how.
Excuse me, I need to find something heavy and blunt to kill you with.
You can make marbles even more shiny?
Well, that, or "Mind your own business, jackass!"
Magnet!
Dammit, she can thumb-type every word, but she can't bust out the emoticons?
Berk
Keenspot Deity

Postby TingYi on Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:01 pm

*is waiting on more information*

I must beat Kum-El in RPs! YAR!
Happy Birthday [Insert name here]!
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby kitsune106 on Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:39 pm

It sounds interesting. I would most likely be joining, although what race, not sure. I will have to see. I do want to see what the shadow fae are like.
Last edited by kitsune106 on Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
goblin heroes

Talkswithfoxes
Hp: 5/5 ATT: 2 DEF: 2
equipped: Bow: ranged attack ATT +3
rusty helmet: +1 DEF
inventory: 9 arrows
10 magic arrows: +2 ATT
2 adamantite arrows: +3 ATT
1 explosive arrow: Area effect, can damage own team.
1 Rusty helmet: +1 DEF
1 daggers: +1 ATT
abilities: animal charming
archery master: +2 ATT when using any bow, and a small chance to recover ammo.

adventuring goblins:
TalkstoFoxes
HP: 7/7 HP
MP: 3/3 MP
ATK: 1
DEF: 1
INT: 1

"Do not meddle in the affiars of hte assasins. For they are heavily armed and not subtle."

"Overkill is the standard response when a fic slaughters your childhood memories."
kitsune106
Keenspot Despot

Postby Berk on Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:44 pm

In number or loveability? Cause I don't think anyone can beat Kul-El in the second, and she doesn't even try. :D

Cool Ellen quotes:
Blasphemy!
Given that I'd be in the closet with another girl, I don't think I'd be doing a very good job.
Magnet!
Berk
Keenspot Deity

Postby TingYi on Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:46 pm

Number. *sigh* the second is impossible.
Happy Birthday [Insert name here]!
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby Sqauto on Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:43 am

I always said I'll help you with this in whatever way you want. So because of that, I'll join you here after you say what you think is best for me here (you have a good eye). ;)
I am what I am.
I am a Professional Hostage
ImageImage

Just say NO to Squato.
Sqauto
Keenspot Deity

Postby Miss_Sidhe on Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:42 am

Okay more races! And yes Berk there WILL be a plot eventually.

Right where did we leave off? Fire Fae? Okay that takes us tooooooooo.......Water.

Water Fae - This is probably not going to be a race anyone can play because there are only 3 known Water Fae in existence and they are pretty much concidered gods. So I would be preferring some pretty exceptional players to do them else they will need NPCing. They are referred to as The Oracles Three. They consist of one male and two females. They are not immortal or particularly godly powerful but they are incredibly wise. They know everything about everything and most Fae (especially Dark Fae) go on pilgrimmages to seek wisdom and life-enlightening guidance from them. Hence........difficult to play. They are also not very mobile so they're not likely to feature highly in a lot of rps. This is because Water Fae do not have legs. Their structure is rather mermaid-like with a tail instead of legs except the tail is a 20ft long sea serpent body rather than a fish tail. Their skin is pale green, their hair constantly wet and green like seaweed and they have pale glowing green eyes with no pupils. They also have no wings. They always talk in unison (so if anyone does play them it might work better to have someone play all 3 because then they can rp them all at once) and are annoyingly serene.

They live north of the Dark Fae forests in a secluded magical glade that has an invisible barrier around it. Those trying to pass the barrier who have negative or wicked thoughts will be unable to pass it. Their home is a largeish pool at the bottom of the Waterfall of Stars a strange supernatural waterfall that seems to reach right up into the sky with no visible source and reflects the stars. The sky within that glade is always night and always starry. As I said its a sort of parralel reality zone detached from the rest of the Fae World.

Desert Fae - Technically Desert Fae aren't true Fae. They and Shadow Fae are the two newer fae races that came of different origins than the others. Desert Fae are the result of Fire Fae breeding with nearby nomadic humans. Therefore Desert Fae are technically Half-Fae. They have no wings thereforth and their ears are much smaller (although they stick out at the same angle) They live obviously in deserts and have tan skin like their Fire Fae ancestors and black or brown hair. They're one of the hardiest races, because unlike the Fire Fae and Light Fae, they are not susceptible to cold and unlike the Ice Fae they are capable of enduring high heats, although Fire Fae can bathe in molten lava, Desert Fae would probably die from that. But any temperature of sun heat is fine. They have far tougher skin than the average fae but are shorter-lived and susceptible to human diseases.

The Desert Fae god is Nathair the Rain Serpent a large white snake-like god that is worshipped to aid their people in finding water in large barren desert areas.

And because I forgot last time to mention it. The Fire Fae and Ice Fae have gods too. The Fire Fae god is Pasharian the Furnace and is basically a personification given to the largest volcano in Fire Fae territory. Its unknown if it is actually a god or not but the Fire Fae are terrified of its 'wrath' when it erupts and will feed sacrifices to it to keep it happy.

The Ice Fae god is Foawrio the Frost Giant. This is actually an existing creature. He's seldom seen but takes the form of a giant white creature that seems to be part wolf and part Polar Bear (a large polar bear frame with a wolf like head and tail). Travellers to its territory are seldom heard from again and likely eaten. It seems to be a survivor from a more ancient race that is now largely extinct. In either case even the proud arrogant Ice Fae will not cross it.

anyway now onto Shadow Fae. The worst race of all!

Shadow Fae - These fae are scarcely Fae at all anymore so warped and corrupted they've become. They were once Dark Fae and so hence share their stunted height, but they sought knowledge too fiercely, delved into magic they shouldn't. As such they fell into the realm of nightmares and were tainted ever since. Shadow Fae are horrific to look upon, if one lives long enough to probably get a good look. They are particularly fond of cutting out your eyes and eating them as appetisers after all. :evilgrin: Shadow Fae are cannibals and will eat other Fae as well as humans being able to digest everything except the scalp. Organs, skin, bones, eyes, blood, everything. Hair just doesn't seem to agree with them however. Because of this particularly hairy humans can survive being eaten although they'll likely be killed anyway by other means.

Shadow Fae as said are the same basic height as Dark Fae but because they're small doesn't mean one should take them for granted because they are fast as tornado-winds, and have the same deadly strength. They are pitch black from head to toe, eyes black with no whites, black hair, black skin, gaunt emaciated frames, long sharp fingers like the clawing branches of winter trees, their wings are ragged and tattered like flapping cobwebs and their teeth one could die of fright just by seeing. They constantly smile a sort of fixed sadistic leer and laugh like hyenas, hunting in packs much the same although their laughter is much colder and desolate. A death knell for those in their lair. Their teeth razor sharp and curved and crooked. They are the most goblin-like of the races. Nothing remains of the Dark Fae's natural beauty in Shadow Fae.

The worst attribute of Shadow Fae is their ability to use shadows as a form of telportation portal. Any area of room that has even the slightest pool of shadow is a place that a Shadow Fae can materialise in. They form themselves from the Shadows gathering them to their shape. It is impossible to kill a Shadow Fae but they can be driven away by extremely bright light. They hate light with a passion and will shriek and scramble away from it. It doesn't actually hurt them but they seem to fear it anyway. However getting light to them is rather hard as they tend to deliberately hide away in the deepest darkest places they can find. Caverns are never safe to enter because theres likely a few refugee Shadow Fae hiding in there somewhere away from the sun.

Shadow Fae are the only race aside from Light Fae that have tamed the local fauna and taken it as a beast of burden. However one would wish the Shadow Fae's rides were as tame and friendly as a Skyvern. No such luck. Dreamwurms are deadlier than their owners. Giant worm like creatures with heads akin to lampreys, giant gaping circular jaws with millions of hook like teeth, humanoid torsos black and skeletal and a living tornado for a tail. The tail constantly whips and spins around flailing the dirt around. It is made entirely of residual bad dreams. Therefore if one looks too closely into it they will see their worst fear and be paralysed with terror. Dreamwurms are NOT willing slaves to the Shadow Fae and thus it is common for a Shadow Fae that is knocked from its ride to be eaten by the very thing that would carry it to battle. They tend to ride directly behind its head out of range from its teeth.

Shadow Fae females are known as Charmers. They are slightly better looking than the males. Only slightly though. They have pipes like pan-pipes (although the sound much more frightening) that seems to soothe angry Dreamwurms and keep them subdued. They also use these pipes on victims as an enchantment charming them to see the Shadow Fae as something beautiful and desireable not the hideous monster it is and willingly follow it to their doom.

Like the Ice Fae it IS possible for their to be Hybrids. But again like the previous race the mother is likely the only survivor. Sometimes Charmer females like to play with their prey before they eat it. I presume I don't need to elaborate on the connection I'm getting at here between them playing and there then being hybrids? Hybrids are usually killed at birth but some have merely been abandoned. Hybrids can be made by other means too. Shadow Fae can either be borne of a womb or made by turning another Fae into one via a bite or scratch much like vampirism or lycanthropy. However if a bitten or scratched victim is put into an area of intensely bright light during the change the majority of the Shadow Fae's evil nature can be driven out and thus they will end up physically changed but still be normal moral conscientious beings. Borne Hybrids are usually evil though.

Shadow Fae come out of their caves at night and hunt in local towns. They like children best as the younger the victim, the sweeter and tastier the meat. Fae mothers often scold naughty children by telling them "If you're not good the Shadow Fae will get you". The race seems to play the part of the boogey man for regular fae races and Fire Fae are often employed as sentries to stand guard at entrances to towns and guard from Shadow Fae attacks.

Other Races - Okay as I mentioned there are humans in this world. But they're a minority race here as the Fae tend to be the largest population. There are 4 main human tribes. One that lives on the outskirts of Ice Fae territory and seems akin to the people of cold regions in this world living in ice huts and hunting for fish and fur. Theres also a Desert dwelling tribe, And two towns on the East and West shores of the charted land area (It seems to be one giant continent surrounded by sea, there are islands but they've never been landed on or claimed and hence nobody knows what they are like)

And I'm out of time AGAIN. Grr. Thats most the races anyway. Tomorrow I'll post about the Branch Imps (3rd race), and outline the general plot. Then it will be question/suggestion time.

Btw the timeline setting for this RP is mainly medieval/dark ageish. Different fae have different civilisation levels so it varies.

Let those that cursed my name, curse me still and whine their way back to the cages of the Valar.

Miss_Sidhe
Keenspot Despot

Postby Berk on Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:58 am

Woo for eventual plot!

I'm liking the sound of Dark Fae the most so far.

Cool Ellen quotes:
Blasphemy!
Magnet!
Berk
Keenspot Deity

Postby clawlikedragon on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:58 pm

Same here, although who I pick or if I even play will depend on the plot...

"Yes, you are a terrible and stupid person for you cannot appreciate the corners of appartments." Bloo; Foster's home for imaginery friends.

Inventory:
A TF gun
A squirrel teddy
clawlikedragon
Keenspot Despot

Postby Drow Bunny on Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:01 pm

Hmm... due to the facts of school being over soon (three weeks or so), my wish to extend support to someone else in the process of fantasy world-building, an interesting race layout, and the fact that I almost feel out of place only being in 1/2 of an RP, I am interested.

The Dark Fae seem the most interesting at the moment, but that's probably just because that sounds close to my personality in RL. The Desert Fae also sound interesting, or I could take the semi-easy route with the humans...

Can't wait!
Knight of the Order of the Bunny. Near-certified Conversation Killer.
------------------------------------------------------------

"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day."

If everything you say gets laughed at, then you become afraid of everyone...
And are no longer able to speak, even knowing all that does is bother everyone.
Everything looks completely dark.
Your heart shuts down.
And your words die.

...on a happier note, convene the Evil Council!
Drow Bunny
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Alavaria on Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:31 pm

Name: Sakura Tsuki
Race: Fae (Light)
Hair: Light Yellow (not quite blonde)
Eyes: Light green, darker under some circumstances (will be explained later)
Wings: Yellow-green, quite bright but not enough to catch the eye
Height: 6' exactly
Clothes:
    Grass Green dress, sleeveless (there is a matching jacket though). It reaches to a little below her knees. There is some embroidery on the chest and skirt in darker green, but it is a little faded and not too obvious
    Braided belt of yellow and yellow-green threads. It has to be tied on, no buckle.
    Normal shoes, sometimes with flowers in the buckles (these are only decorative)
    Yellow green hair band. Keeps her hair from flying into her eyes (it annoys her)
    Small shiny beads in her hair. Done with the use of thin thread the color of her hair
    Earrings of silver-gold. Thin and small. Sometimes she will not wear them if there is danger of losing them
Armaments:
    Half-done chain mail. Rather good quality, but only the front is completed. Very fine parts that can stop arrows but not swords etc
    Sturdy bow. Slightly shorter than a longbow, but not made of such fine material. There are some small etchings around it
    A double (or triple, it depends) quiver. Made of light-blue cloth with clear or sky-blue bead patterns
    Knife, short. A flower with full petals is etched over the sides of the blade
    Dagger, goes with knife. A hummingbird is etched on each side with its beak extending to the tip (Unused)
    One triple quiver (main one with two more that add on) which holds 75 arrows total
    Bishounen (um.. pretty guys or something)
    Small, cute furry animals
    Flowers (esp. nice smelling or brightly colored)
    Light, yummy food (not heavy stuff
    Her pet skyvern (it is quite small still) It is greenish-blue (very little green). No name yet, will think of one
    Songs (she sings, not too badly, but not great either)
Dislikes:
    Dark (it is quite scary without a lantern)
    Beer, ale, rum etc (they don't taste nice) Good wine is NOT included here
    Angry people

Bio:
She is one of no few Fae who live around Londeyr. She did not get her skyvern from there (they cost a good bit) but probably around the nearby forests. She frequently goes into town, however, and is familiar with its many streets (and especially marketplaces). While she is currently unaware of the light fae queen's imperialist stance, she has noted that, on her recent forays into the city, there seemed to me very few of the usual soldiers that were usually seen with the city guards.

Her older brother (Elias onii-chan) was in the city guard (her family was quite pleased) but recently received a promotion and was assigned to an "important location". However, he was seriously wounded at the hands of currently unknown attackers (this was a rather far place, nearly on the frontiers of Light Fae land). Her family was expecting him back for the coming Midsummer's festival (it is a very important event) however, this was not to be the case ...

She remembered it as the morning the blossoms came down red instead of pink. Red, like the most cherished of roses. Heavy red like the rarest rubies. The crickets cried loudly in the distance.
Iiya, it was ... dark red ... dark ... like the color of blood ....
The soft sound of feet on fallen petals followed a military messanger as he made his way down the worn pebbled path ... as the winds tossed crimson blossoms without a care...
It was so red.

As mentioned, she doesn
Last edited by Alavaria on Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:48 am, edited 8 times in total.
Alavaria
Keenspot Deity

Postby Author-Man on Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:05 am

Desert Fae have caught my attention, as have the Light Fae. The others seem kinda harsh... Especially the Sadow Fae. Sheesh. I'll wait to hear about the Branch Imps before deciding anything, though :3
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Miss_Sidhe on Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:13 am

Just remember folks there are hybrids of most races (Even Shadow Fae if its a saved victim). If you like an attribute of one race but some other attributes seem better in a different race, mix and match and take the qualities you like from each until you get what you want.

I.e say for example I wanted a fae that was blonde but had straight hair, was outgoing and easy to get along with but not slutty and good and knowledgeable with books.

Light Fae (blonde and outgoing) + Dark Fae (straight hair and good with books) = Hybrid and ideal character.

Btw Alavaria by pretty girls/boys I mean the males like pretty girls and the females like boys. But yes I'm sure the girls would probably have a thing for Bishie boys. I know I would :wink:

Rightio Branch Imps.

As far as any Fae can remember back theres always been Branch Imps. They seem to have been on the world since the very beginning, some of them are as old as the dawn of time itself and legends say that they're the first children of the Great Fae Goddess (She doesn't seem to have a name, she's just known as 'Goddess') who created the world and all its inhabitants. Some who are less religiously minded and think more scientifically say that the Branch Imps were simply the first evolutionary species and that Fae evolved from them.

Branch Imps are in any case very small and fairy-like. The average height being about 4 inches. They're shapechangers and mischevious spirits. They speak a different tongue to Fae but generally most Fae can understand them so provided you use << >> brackets around your speech to signify a different language you should be okay. Humans however don't understand Impish and to them it seems like nonsense chittering. Branch Imps love to play tricks on humans. And sometimes Fae if they're particularly haughty. They like Dark Fae however and are usually nice to them but Fire and Ice travelling through their glades will be on the recieving end of their pranks.

Branch Imps are thieves. They can't help themselves. They have an eye for shiny things like a magpie. Travellers with shiny weapons or bags of gold will find their burden significantly lessened if Branch Imps are around as they'll swoop down and carry off anything they can carry.

As for pranks.....never ask a Branch Imp for directions. They're not to be trusted. Often a Branch Imp will guide you for a price but if you cheat them out of their money then they'll lead you to a tarpit or some dangerous area. Sometimes if you're a particularly unpleasant character they'll do this anyway. They seem to think its a riot to lead a snooty icefae into a muddy bog and then leave him stranded. Its usually Ice Fae that will be most on the recieving end because as said they're the most arrogant and also the least inclined to part with their money.

Other pranks include shapeshifting into trees and then grabbing riders with their branches and holding them tight. Most Branch Imps won't hurt you unless you're especially horrible but they will most definately put you through the wringer to teach you a lesson.

You can have free run thinking up fun and naughty tricks to pull as a Branch Imp. As long as it seems something mischevious then go ahead with it.

As Branch Imps are shapechangers their forms tend to blend with their surroundings. They're usually brownish in colour with little black beady eyes. They have the same largeish fae ears but have tails aswell. Think of a small brown hairless monkey or rodent with pointy ears and you're probably close. They're usually buck naked as generally clothes don't come in their size. Some will fashion clothes out of leaves and things though.

PLOT! Wewt! I have to be quick with this as I only have 20 mins of library time left :shifty: so I will give a basic outline and then elaborate next time.

Basically the rp starts in Londeyr the Light Fae capital. Its one of the few really big cities in the Fae world. Imagine the Fae World were North America (its about the same size but a different shape). Londeyr in size would be like New York. But then now imagine all the buildings were old fashioned medieval ones. Thats Londeyr. The entrance to the city is a bridge lined either side with tall trees filled with globes of light (a special magical spell) Its a very pretty city but the population (due to Light Fae breeding rate) is HUGE. The Queen of this city Betony Greenswathe has declared Light Fae the superior race and has demanded that all other races bow to her as their ruler or perish.

Most Fae don't like this and there is a small rebellion starting. Its the job of those at the start of the rp to find as many fellow rebels as possible and travel around the Fae World gathering allies until their numbers are big enough to fight back and overthrow the Queen. Anyone who becomes a rebel will be declared a traitor to the crown and headhunted by enforcers of the Light Fae army. The General of this army is Juniper a huge Light Fae/Fire Fae hybrid who's 100% loyal to his queen and bloodthirsty enough to need little persuasion to victimise those not in line with her wishes.

When we start there will be a week or so headstart before our activities will be picked up by the authorities in Londeyr and we will become wanted criminals. From there will be on the run possibly running into small skirmishes on the way in our goal to gather a rebel army. Obviously there will be losses. If your character dies you cannot ressurect it. You will need to make another character and have it then join the group at the next stop for allies.

This will be a continual recruiting thread and so if you miss the initial start don't fret just notify the GM (Me) and I'll work you into the plot.

This RP is NOT all fighting. Please don't read that its a battle and think 'Peh its another War Thread' its not. There will be plenty of chances for normal interaction, relationships etc. during the journey although of course everyone will need to be on their toes to watch for attacks and suprise ambushes.

Okay some quick other notes. Light Fae and Dark Fae are commonly named after plants or flowers. This is just their culture. So bear this is mind if you're picking one of those as a race. You CAN use scientific names if you run out of good common names but its my preference you stick with the common ones primarily.

The other fae I tend to name in Manx Gaelic. But since I can't find the link to the translator site I usually use then I will say you can use any name as long as it sounds fantasyish. Please no George or Fred kay? Humans by all means call what you like. But again remember the surrounding languages and the time period. I would be again going for Celtic or Gaelic names for my humans. For the Desert Tribe probably Arabic and for the Ice Tribe Alaskan etc.

A few good naming sites.......

http://www.seventhsanctum.com/ - Basic Name generator site. Probably not the best though

http://lowchensaustralia.com/names.htm - This is supposed to be a pet naming site but loads of these are good for humans

http://www.rinkworks.com/namegen/ - Good for fantasy sounding names

http://www.squid.org/tools/names/ - Set to Pestilence/Sidhe this one is ideal for Fae. You can use Person/Shadow for Shadow Fae if you like. Quest/NPC might even help you out on deciding what your character is like.

Miss_Sidhe
Keenspot Despot

Postby Miss_Sidhe on Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:35 am

Forgot to answer Alavaria's other question *sweatdrop*

Alavaria wrote:
Miss_Sidhe wrote:Light Fae generally own Skyverns as pets and beasts of burden.

Can you use them as transportation too?

Yes thats what I mean by beasts of burden. They're generally ridden as one would ride a horse.

Also Squato if you're after me picking a race for you then you're going to have to tell me what sort of character you're after. If you want a violent aggressive character ala Squata then I'd be pointing you in the direction of Fire Fae. For a cheerful happy Vixa type character then I'd say either a Branch Imp or a female Light Fae.

But remember crossbreeds you can take any attributes you like and blend for the perfect charrie so read through them and decide what you like and dislike about each race. I give that same advice to everyone who can't choose. Weigh up likes and dislikes and then decide which two have the most likes and blend those together.

Also I just noticed something. Shadow Fae. Completely blacked out faces with permenant creepy grins. Is anyone else imagining Professor Tomoe here? :o

Miss_Sidhe
Keenspot Despot

Postby Alavaria on Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:53 am

Aimed Shot: A whistle of death
Type: Anti-Unit
An accurate aimed shot, practiced after a fashion on various small animals (for dinner of course). It lacks real power as of now. though it CAN put an arrow through the eye-peace of a helmet, there is a considerable wind-up for this.

Frozen Light: Shards of Light
Note: Requires crystal shards
With a small incantation, Sakura can prepare beforehand small sparks of light held suspended in crystalline material. They do not weaken appreciably over time.

Light Trail: Curving Light
Note: Requires crystal shards
With a Light Shard, Sakura can slowly release the energy, causing a trail of light to follow the crystal (until the magical energy is depleted). Mainly used like tracers. Light is quite weak.

Light Sparks: A small flash
Small little sparks. These are the extent of her current magical abilities.
Last edited by Alavaria on Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alavaria
Keenspot Deity

Postby Author-Man on Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:04 am

... My GOD, you're right!
Also, the Desert Fae sound pretty good on thier own to me. Heck, I live in the middle east, so I even know people with great Arabic sounding names :D
One last thing;
Miss_Sidhe wrote:For now we'll say the average fae is roughly human-sized with large horizontally pointed ears (for the general look image the sort of ears KillerFish draws on Fay. I also invented those before I'd even met him or seen his art so again, not copied)

Do you mean like Hylaian ears in Legend of Zelda? (Check Link's ears for an example of what I mean)
Let's Plays (on hiatus 'til I get a mic)
[09:55:06] <AM|Slep> I'm surprised Doc Scratch is only now noticing that Spades Slick has set his house on fire.
[09:55:23] <@toothsomeCameo> Or at least only now caring about it?
[09:55:42] <AM|Slep> Yeah, see, the flashing ! tells me there's some modicum of surprise there.
[09:55:50] <@toothsomeCameo> This is true.
[09:56:13] <AM|Slep> That, or he saw a suspicious cardboard box.
[09:56:33] <AM|Slep> He's about to walk over to it and flip it over, only to find Solid Nepeta under it.

[21:40:31] <AM|Hate> Terezi Owns is also awesome.
[21:40:35] <toothsomeCameo> Sadly.
Author-Man
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Berk on Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:02 am

Can you give some examples of the level of magic? Are there any definate imposiblities eg: raising the dead? Are they cast through incantation, ritual, force of will? Do they take long to cast, do they need components, wands, staves etc.? Is the source of their power internal or is it more drawn from the surounding? Could another spell caster sense a spell in action? How magic able are the humans, half humans and branch imps?

What's the average lifespan of the various races?

And what would you like in a character bio?

Ok, I'll leave you alone now..
Last edited by Berk on Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cool Ellen quotes:
Blasphemy!
Magnet!
Berk
Keenspot Deity

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:29 am

I haven't any ideas for character, but I do for NPCs.

With Sidhe's permision, I would like to incorporate:

Asakawa: A Fire Fae the won the tournament of the Ice Fae despite odds and hardships. Upon winning, they were gonna take him to the dungeons, but Asa decided to show them why they shouldn't cheat like that. By blowing himself the f*** up. The Ice Fae are wary of Fire Fae in their tournaments since.

Snapdragon: A Shadow Fae that was once a Light Fae. He was cured via exposure to light but shunned himself from Light Fae society. Now he lives in secret, capturing Shadow Fae and exposing them to light. Constraining them and using spell for constant exposure. As they writhe about, somehow he feels better.

Sweet Annie: One of Snapdragon's few daughter, as he had many sons before being turned, who particularly loved her father. She fellowed him into his exile, to the dark caves he went. She now acts as the light to torment Shadow Faes.
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Alavaria on Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:01 am

Berk wrote:Can you give some examples of the level of magic? Are there any definate imposiblities eg: raising the dead?

If that is possible then I definitely need to find some way for my character to learn THAT so keep everyone alive.
lol :)
Alavaria
Keenspot Deity

Postby Sqauto on Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:46 am

Miss_Sidhe wrote:Also Squato if you're after me picking a race for you then you're going to have to tell me what sort of character you're after. If you want a violent aggressive character ala Squata then I'd be pointing you in the direction of Fire Fae. For a cheerful happy Vixa type character then I'd say either a Branch Imp or a female Light Fae.

But remember crossbreeds you can take any attributes you like and blend for the perfect charrie so read through them and decide what you like and dislike about each race. I give that same advice to everyone who can't choose. Weigh up likes and dislikes and then decide which two have the most likes and blend those together.

Personally, I don't try to make characters I have fit into other shapes (if their human, they unless something happened to them they stay that way).

Saying that, I am happy to talk it over with you in msn about this.
I am what I am.
I am a Professional Hostage
ImageImage

Just say NO to Squato.
Sqauto
Keenspot Deity

Postby clawlikedragon on Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:11 pm

I probably be a dark fairy... or maybe a branch imp... but probably not...

Inventory:
A TF gun
A squirrel teddy
clawlikedragon
Keenspot Despot

Postby Miss_Sidhe on Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:42 am

Hokay.

Alavaria =

a) Yes they can fly

b) what would be the point in crafting a spell to make fabric like metal when theres already armour about?

c) There IS necromancy but its generally the realm of the Shadow Fae and those brought back tend to be undead rather than fully alive again.

Jesse =

Asakawa.......how would he blow himself up? Fire Fae are fire based and hence can't be damaged by fire or explosives

Snapdragon......... sounds good but you can only cleanse a Shadow Fae during the turning period. After that the only thing light does is piss them off. If you want to have your character heal/help victims that get turned then by all means do that. But don't try and eliminate the Shadow Fae race by turning them all good.

Sweet Annie........if she's a light fae she needs a flower name. Sorry but thats a no budge thing with the Light and Dark fae. They're always named after plants. Also Light Fae can cast small light spells but they don't give off light themselves and young Light Fae almost never have the level of magic to cast light spells anyway. It requires YEARS of training. If you want you can have her be apprentice to a light magic wielder but she probably wouldn't be able to conjure more than a few sparks if she's young.

Berk =

Lifespan: This is infinite. Fae don't die of old age. They do age fast when they're young though. They have a maturing rate rather akin to a butterfly (not the exact same rate) where theres a chrysalis period (but no physical chrysalis manifestation) in which development is speeded up.

Generally between birth and the age of 20 the aging rate is one fae year per 2 months. That is the chrysalis period. After that the aging slows right down to one fae year per 100 human years. But generally they don't age physically and never look old. Very old fae can eventually get grey or white hair but their faces and bodies will never age a day.

Magic: I'm loathe to give too much freedom with this because of godmoding. But generally most forms of conventional magic are practiced. Theres the potion/ingredient based form. The incantation form and since they are empathic theres also a form of telepathic magic. Basically my suggestion is if you want to practice a spell in the RP then tell me privately about it in PM and if it sounds good and doesn't disrupt the flow of rp too much I'll be good with it. If its like Jesse's suggestion for Snapdragon with the cleansing of an entire race then I'm inclined to say no because I made badguys for a reason and I don't want them all righteously defeated in the first few posts otherwise theres no plot.

Character bio: Generally whatever you feel like putting in. How detailed it is, is up to you. As long as you include the basics of name, looks, strengths, weaknesses, weapons/possessions etc. then you're good. If you feel like writing about what type of sandwich your fae likes best or whatever then go ahead :P Just bear if mind if you waffle too much I'll prob not read it all.

Author-Man=

I can imagine Links ears. I think they stick out in the same direction don't they? Fae ears are much bigger though. For a better idea imagine the ears on the Night Elves in World of Warcraft. We're talking BIG ears here. The average Fae ears is about 3 times in length the width of the face across. The wider the face the longer the ear generally. The only exception with this is Desert Fae who have smaller half-fae ears.

Here let me find two examples I've drawn.......

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/229 ... n%3Ascraps

Thats a Dark Fae. Pay no attention to the wings. Its an old pic and I changed the style of Dark Fae wings since. Also they're really badly positioned on the back of the neck for some reason. So ignore those. Just focus on the ears.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/244 ... n%3Ascraps

And thats a Desert Fae. See the smaller ears? Again ignore the wings. Apparently I can't draw wings. Btw Desert Fae normally have darker hair than that and no wings. That one is Half Desert Fae and Half Light Fae so thats why he has lighter hair, wings and green eyes. But this demonstrates the nice results one can get from mixing races.

Squato =

Honestly then choose whatever you want. I don't mind. Read through the descrips and weigh up what attributes you like best then pick a race depending on that.

Can everyone please post their bios here for approval first before you post then in the Charrie Bios Thread? thanks. Also any questions please post them here rather than PM me. If however I miss your question then you can nudge me in PM and I'll look it up.

I will generally be on in the mornings GMT from now on so you'll prob find I will only be able to do one or two posts a day. You can rp without me of course but I ask you not to leave a set area without me or do anything that dramatically changes the plot. Jesse I'm looking at you here. Be good. :P

As I said the RP will start in the Light Fae city of Londeyr. Currently at the start of the RP it will allow all races into its gates. But once you're declared a rebel (after we've left) you will be barred access into it. From Londeyr the next step is the Light Fae meadows where the non-city Light Fae are. They're less zealously faithful to the Queen so they'll likely join us. From there probably the Dark Fae woods. But in any case I'll prob start the rp on Weds. You can still post bios after that but once we've left the Light Fae city you'll have to wait until the next recruitment stop (city) in the rp to be included. As I said its constantly recruiting but I'd prefer not to be waiting infinitely for stragglers and would rather we enter them at the next pause on the journey. There will be a few. Branch Imps btw are likely to enter at the Dark Fae woods since they live around there but if we're in a forested area then you could probably enter from there too.

Special Note: I know I said most races can breed together. Exception to that rule. NO Fae/Branch Imp hybrids please. Thats genetically impossible. Not to mention really painful for the poor Imp. Remember how much smaller they are than Fae.

Okay I hope that answered most questions. If not please continue to fire away... :D

Miss_Sidhe
Keenspot Despot

Postby Alavaria on Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:45 am

Miss_Sidhe wrote:b) what would be the point in crafting a spell to make fabric like metal when theres already armour about?

So that is someone tries to stab you in the back or shoot an arrow at you...
It's not like my character wears plate mail everywhere.

will post more later got class bye bye !
Alavaria
Keenspot Deity

Next

Return to Mayhem