Serendipity's Fiction

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

Serendipity's Fiction

Postby Serendipity_EGS on Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:00 pm

Um, hello everyone! :D

Well, a few days ago, I told Valgaav in a chat that I'd like to try my hand at writing one day. Of course, that was like showing a red flag to a bull, and she got me to agree to write a short piece of non-EGS related fiction for her, in a day, based on the scenario she gave, which was two characters and their relationship.

Well, i did write it and she liked it. And she showed it to a few of the others (you know who you are! :wink: ) and they seemed to like it too, so basically, this is a long winded way of saying they persuaded me, against all common sense, to post it here for your approval.... well, to post it here, anyway! :roll: :wink:

I hope you like it. I would appreciate honest criticism - I'll never get better, or even good, otherwise! :nervous:

Ahem.... well, WILL post it here, when the editing has been finished! :P :roll: Will post it tomorrow!
A Elbereth Gilthoniel!

Current supplies - 1 shiny wrapper from an eaten cookie, 1 squirrel teddy, 1 very-beloved-and-precious TF Gun, 4 cans of unlabelled soda, (2 minature catperson, 2 fairy), Brain bleach, brain glue, 1 rusty hacksaw, 1 red-stripy scarf! Huzzah!

Justin: Along the way they will face peril, and meet many, many handsome Elves.
Nanase: You are aware that there's no way Dan will let you narrate again after that, right?
Justin: Why? Elves are Cool!
(See here)

My characters: Serendipity, Serenity and Amaranthus! And my (bad) Fiction thread! And hardly used DeviantArt page!
Serendipity_EGS
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Bradford, UK, er, no, Middle-Earth, er yeah, thats what I meant!

Postby Dayantis on Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:30 pm

Well, much as I'd like to say 'Grammar Man saves the day!', I'm afraid I made a false claim; I said I could edit it for grammar, spelling, punctuation etc. in 15 minutes - It took about double that. My powers of estimation are not good. Anyway, I'll email the edit to Serendipity, and if he approves that I haven't changed the whole thing into a filthy romp, he'll post it up. I haven't, really... :nervous: :shifty:

EDIT: Punctuation typo go bye-bye.
Last edited by Dayantis on Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dayantis
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby AlmostReadytoFly on Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:45 pm

Dayantis wrote:if he approves that I haven't changed the whole thing into a filthy romp, he'll post it up. I haven't, really... :nervous: :shifty:

Serendipity's male? I really have to stop relying on avatar gender as a guide.

Anyway, I eagerly await the story.
Image Image
There's no 't' in ARF, just tea.
'When you visit Raldore and Erasmo, you should ALWAYS bring your G-M tube, kids!'
AlmostReadytoFly
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Cameo on Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:31 am

AlmostReadytoFly wrote:
Dayantis wrote:if he approves that I haven't changed the whole thing into a filthy romp, he'll post it up. I haven't, really... :nervous: :shifty:

Serendipity's male? I really have to stop relying on avatar gender as a guide.

Wholeheartedly SECONDED.
ImageImageImageImageImage
I continue to be female!
How devious.
Anyone who wants to draw Cameo can refer to this.
Hooray for avatars I made!
[12:02:17] cameoAppearance: I am an adult. I can make my own ice cream decisions.
The Cammy Guarantee: All sig quotes make sense in context!
Cameo
Keenspot Deity

Postby OzLionHeart on Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:37 am

You can always check the Wiki...

Dayantis wrote:... grammar, spelling, punctiation etc. ...

Oh, Grammar Man...
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby clawlikedragon on Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:44 am

*Wonders who the Fanfic will be about and what will happen*
"I once was unhappy that I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet."

"Yes, you are a terrible and stupid person for you cannot appreciate the corners of appartments." Bloo; Foster's home for imaginery friends.

In the near future, I hope to own my own copy of brawl.

Inventory:
A TF gun
A dead fish (haddock i think)
A cookie wrapped in plastic
A squirrel teddy
A six pack of unlabelled soda
clawlikedragon
Keenspot Despot

Morthos and Argent

Postby Serendipity_EGS on Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:59 pm

Hehe, seems everyone thought I was a girl. Heh, no, not the case, I'm just that girly! Actually, I think I would count as a girly narcissist...! :wink: :roll: And thanks for your interest everyone, i hope you won't think it misplaced when you actually read it! And i'm on the wiki? :o

Anyway, thanks to Valgaav, Lomgrem, Mystic and Dayantis for their advice encouragement and spelling assistance! :D

Anyway, without further delay, I hope you enjoy the story! :D And remember, constructive criticism is very much welcomed! :D ! *Runs and hides* :wink: :nervous:

Morthos and Argent
by Serendipity Jones.

Gazing in the reflecting pool, into his own golden eyes, Morthos sighed.
A Elbereth Gilthoniel!

Current supplies - 1 shiny wrapper from an eaten cookie, 1 squirrel teddy, 1 very-beloved-and-precious TF Gun, 4 cans of unlabelled soda, (2 minature catperson, 2 fairy), Brain bleach, brain glue, 1 rusty hacksaw, 1 red-stripy scarf! Huzzah!

Nanase: You are aware that there's no way Dan will let you narrate again after that, right?
(See here)

My characters: Serendipity, Serenity and Amaranthus! And my (bad) Fiction thread! And hardly used DeviantArt page!
Serendipity_EGS
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Valgaav on Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:32 pm

squee! You added the ear-line! *hugs Ser* That's still awesome, and you should still write more.
What's so amazing about being a woman anyway? Knock down your pedestals, it's nothing special.
Valgaav
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Dayantis on Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:36 pm

Valgaav wrote:squee! You added the ear-line! *hugs Ser* That's still awesome, and you should still write more.

Ear-line? The what, now? :-?
Dayantis
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Valgaav on Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:54 pm

In the original copy he sent me, the line about Morthos sucking on Argent's ear wasn't there. He added it in later.
What's so amazing about being a woman anyway? Knock down your pedestals, it's nothing special.
Valgaav
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Lomgren on Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:58 pm

Woo, Ser posted it for all to see! Good for him... now to get him to write more
"Illustrious 'Lommy' Lomgren" - anti-paragon, "The Doer of Impossible Things" - Demonic Duck
(Got pulled in by the GPF guest strips. Read the archive in one night, getting 2 hours of sleep)
Image Image
Epic Patrol Bunny artist and avatarist, 12867 bunnypoints (version 2.8, Oct 31, 2006)
Image Image
My inventory ... Where I finished reading carrot..?
Avatar drawn by KillerFish, colored by me. Thanks!
(banners clickable!)
Lomgren
Keenspot Singularity

Postby MysticForms on Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:02 pm

I bump this peice of fiction in the name of good literatures, and GREAT JUSTICE!
Whoo! Deviant art! YAY!

ChibiMKRP:
ChibiJohn: I'm a time travelling all powerful demon, though with restritions, of course! I've exposed all my weaknesses!
ChibiSage: I'm the diety of knowledge and I'm all powerful too! *Hugs box of dirt*
ChibiKraggi: I'm the insane leader of a country and exposing all my weaknesses!
ChibiVixa and ChibiMystic: We're normal kin-folk who just appeared out of nowhere... nothing special. Nope.

*kiss kiss kiss snuggle kiss snuggle snuggle snuggle kiss kiss*

-Someone else-
ChibiServant: Mr.Big! We're getting a morse code transmission from the spies! It's all of the important people's weaknesses!
ChibiMr.Big: Excellent! Now all their cookies shall be mine! Mwahahahahaha! This calls for more pixie sticks.

Thank you AP!!
MysticForms
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Dayantis on Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:14 pm

Seconded!

(not that this is a bump or anything... :shifty: )
Dayantis
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby AlmostReadytoFly on Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:08 am

That was really good.
Image Image
There's no 't' in ARF, just tea.
'When you visit Raldore and Erasmo, you should ALWAYS bring your G-M tube, kids!'
AlmostReadytoFly
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby clawlikedragon on Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:24 am

Nice </understatement>
"I once was unhappy that I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet."

"Yes, you are a terrible and stupid person for you cannot appreciate the corners of appartments." Bloo; Foster's home for imaginery friends.

In the near future, I hope to own my own copy of brawl.

Inventory:
A TF gun
A dead fish (haddock i think)
A cookie wrapped in plastic
A squirrel teddy
A six pack of unlabelled soda
clawlikedragon
Keenspot Despot

Postby OzLionHeart on Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:41 am

:o That is seriously impressive.
Image Image Image Image
My inventory/extended profile | My wiki page

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!" - HHGTTG
"I'm supposed to know how magic works?" - Ellen

Ciennas, on my RP style: "I like how your characters can travel through the brink of insanity, catch the reflected light of eternity off of a whole wave of attacking zombie plant things, and still be able to calmly get people out of danger and towards safety."
OzLionHeart
Keenspot Deity

Postby Serendipity_EGS on Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:04 pm

Thank you everyone for your nice comments! :D

I am sorry it has taken so long to write anything again, and sorrier still that this is not, IMHO, anywhere near "seriously impressive", as Oz kindly put it. But, that said, is more a taster, a teaser, for more to come (I hope, if i can overcome a certain amount of writers block and "Putting-off-ness"! :D

NB Not giving the pieces actual title yet, might give a little away, so instead will simply note what this is....

Prologue
A Elbereth Gilthoniel!

(See here)

Serendipity_EGS
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Serendipity_EGS on Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:59 pm

Wow, not posted in HERE for a while!

Blergh, ok, I am having a rethink over things and I DO intend to write more stuff, but want to work on ideas first and am also going to be retconning/reworking the world that some are set in, which is the world of my first story. And reworking the Princess Diaries idea, not least as i found out there is a series of books with that name - the idea of diaries as plot point/plot recappers/places where things otherwise unknown can be made known will remain, but will take a more nornal form... when i get a chance to redo it all! Aaaargh!

As an aside, as so I have access to the link, will post her a link to Mal's Secret Santa gift to me, a story which I am actually declaring now to be canon in my world, as its just much better than the one I came up with (where Ser just spent several weeks building the Zephyr - no contest really!).

I shall also post my Secret Santa gift for Enaronia, which was just a silly short Christmas story!

Here is Mals Serendipity and the First Flight of the Zephyr

And here is a repeat of mine!

[b][u]Enaronia
A Elbereth Gilthoniel!

(See here)

Serendipity_EGS
Keenspot Juggernaut

Return to Mayhem