The Omega League Fighting Tournament RP

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

The Omega League Fighting Tournament RP

Postby Blinkdog on Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:11 pm

Discussion/signup thread

The Omega Leauge. One year ago to the day, hundreds of ads appeared all over the world, asking for the best fighters in the world. Also, construction began on a massive stadium in the American midwest. Auditions were held. Regional preliminary fights were often epic battles on their own.

Now, one year later, the stadium is finished. The greatest fighters from around the world have gathered, along with hundreds of thousands of spectators. No expense has been spared to make this an event that will go down in history.

As the crowd finished filling the seats, the speakers came to life. Up in the announcer box, Ann Morgan was standing up, microphone in her hand. "Welcome, Welcome to the Omega League Fighting Tournament!" The crowd went wild. "You all know why you are here, and I won't waste your time! Our contestants are right now getting prepared to battle. The first day's fights are on the screen now!"

The giant monitors displayed a list of four fights.

Chester and Eddy Gobshmockt vs. Derek
Leonard Plesant vs. John
Alia vs. Qwerty
Ragdoll vs. Darth Exium

"A good lineup! Turn your attention to the arena as it changes shape for the first match! It's allways fun to watch, I assure you!"

The ground erupted as stone and steel pushed upwards like an industrial forest. Walls were tumbled and broken, fires burned. A perfect derpcounterfeits of a war-torn city sat in the bottom of the arena.

"We're in for a treat! An urban fight! Oh, I'm being told now that to fit with the fighting style of one of the combatants (I'll let you guess who), several fully-stocked bars are scattered amongst the wreckage. This is going to be an interesting start to the tournament! Combat will begin in sixty seconds!"

-----------------------

Keeping track of wins/losses ((Discounting withdrawn characters))

Qwerty : 2/2
Leonard : 3/1 ((1/0))
John : 3/1 ((1/1))
Drayco : 1/1
Atashi : 1/2

Kit : 1/0 -(Vanished)-
Ragdoll : 2/1 -(Withdrawn)-
Chester & Eddy : 1/2 -(Withdrawn)-
Ex : 0/3 -(Withdrawn/Permadead)-
Alia : 0/1 -(Withdrawn?)-
Derek : 1/1 -(Withdrawn/permadead?)-

Chester & Eddy vs. Derek (Winner: Dereck)
Qwerty vs. John (Winner: Qwerty)
Alia vs. Leonard (Winner: Leonard)
Ragdoll vs. Ex (Winner: Ragdoll)
-----------
Qwerty vs. Atashi (Winner: Qwerty)
Leonard vs. Derek (Winner: Leonard)
John vs. Ragdoll (Winner: John)
Chester & Eddy vs. Ex (Winner: Chester & Eddy)
----------
Leonard vs. Qwerty (Winner: Leonard)
Drayco vs. Atashi (Winner: Atashi)
Chester & Eddy vs. Ragdoll (Winner: Ragdoll)
John vs. Ex (Winner: John)
----------
Leonard vs. Ragdoll (Winner: Leonard)
Qwerty vs. Drayco (Winner: Drayco)
Leonard vs. Kit (Winner: Kit)
John vs. Atashi (Winner: John)
----------

Atashi vs. Leonard

John vs. Drayco

Leonard vs. John

Leonard vs. Drayco
Last edited by Blinkdog on Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:18 am, edited 18 times in total.
“Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavements, watch T.V., save for your old age, obey the law, Repeat after me: I am free”
Graffiti on Philip St. Bedminster, Bristol, UK (opposite Windmill City Farm)

Go and dance
Blinkdog
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby TeddVerres on Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:19 pm

Eddy rubbed his hands together. "Sweet! I'm gonna get so wasted..." until a hand went upside his face. His brother Chester looked him in the eyes. "Get your act together. Don't forget we're battling for our lives here." Eddy shrugged, pulled out a beer and downed it in 10 seconds and threw away the mug. He punched his hand. "I'm ready for anything." Chester simple snerked and began dusting himself off.

And of course, it wouldn't be a really serious battle to the death without Warth Richards sitting in the audience, ready to cheer on his landlord and his landlord's brother.
TeddVerres wrote: You know you're lame when you start quoting yourself.

"She's got a cute walk. She kinda wiggles her behind. She's got a very cute behind."-Otacon, Metal Gear Solid
"Mumbo lose Skull to Humba Wumba in bad lawsuit."-Mumbo Jumbo, Banjo-Threeie
Be sure to catch my voice, as I will be playing "King Jingaling" in John Zirbe's Banjo-Fourie, and Miles Edgeworth in the sequel to Dily's Only Heros Wear Crevats!

^.^ Perfect innocence is not the lack of corruption, but the lack of corruptability.-Valgaav
TeddVerres
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:28 pm

"Alright, ladies and gentelmen." Bradley called, his voice magically enhanced, "Restroom are located on both ends of the line up of concession stands. While at the concession, don't forget to buy some cool, refreshing Mountain Dew, since the Pepsi company now currently has my soul. Please help me buy my soul back."
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby TingYi on Sat Sep 23, 2006 5:54 pm

Derek sat leaned up against the wall. His eyes closed and his arms crossed.
"Better get this over with," he said to himself. The teenaged boy seemed friendly enough. Perhaps it wsa something in his smile that just made people trust him. It was intriguing to see a boy who could work a crowd of people he had never met before with ease. At the moment he was convincing a group of teenaged girls to root for him during the upcoming fight. After this errand had been finished, the young combatant headed off towards the arena.
Happy Birthday [Insert name here]!
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:35 pm

Last edited by ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: .

Postby Jesse_God_of_Awesome on Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:16 pm

ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE wrote:Ragdoll stood hunched over in the waiting room, his faceless head facing towards the moniter. Once the list for the upcoming fights were displayed, he threw his head up into the air, stretched out his arms high above his head, and began to laugh maniacly. He slumped over, then turned his attention to Darth Exitium. He hunched his shoulders and shuffled over to him at inhuman speed untill his head was directly in front of Ex's face.

"It's seems i'll be fighting you in the near future." Though no mouth was moved, Ragdoll's voice was as clear as if it had been Ex himself that had spoken. "Good luck to you my friend, for you will need it, lest I become bored with you." His faceless head, still within a few inches of Ex, seemed to smile. The kind of smile you would find on a small child who just got a toy he allways wanted at Christmas...

((Exitium is late, actually. He isn't there. I was hoping noone would do that. Actually, Ex would appear at his fight looking very embarassed.))
Sorry for the delay. I got distracted watching yao......uh.........something else. - Miss Sidhe

...ex-soldier that is packing heat like a zombie uprising is about to happen... -Zacair

Be gay, be proud, but as soon as you make a music station about it, you're bragging.
Jesse_God_of_Awesome
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby catldr24 on Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:00 am

Qwerty was spinning his frying an on his hand in the waiting room, wondering who Alia was....
Drayco: ((Oh yeah, I forgot he's been repeatedly used as a weapon during the fight. ^^; ))
At least when I'm multitasking, I know where I can go to retrieve my mind.
My Inventory

Current form: So zetta slow!
catldr24
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:02 am

Last edited by ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby catldr24 on Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:10 am

((*goes back to look at bio thread* ...why do I get bohomit? Ah well, frying pan vs martial arts should be pretty good...))
Drayco: ((Oh yeah, I forgot he's been repeatedly used as a weapon during the fight. ^^; ))
My Inventory

catldr24
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:45 pm

Last edited by ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby catldr24 on Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:59 pm

Qwerty could seeminly feel a pair of eyes staring at him, and had heard some footsteps (with the help of his cat-ears) coming towards him. Qwerty elected to wait for the other to speak, before he would do anything.
My Inventory

catldr24
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby TeddVerres on Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:06 pm

"Has it started yet?"
"Yes, I do believe so. Are you sure your ready?"
"Yah, bro! No problem. This'll be a piece of cake."
"If you say so...."
Chester assumed a judo stance while Eddy adopted a drunken boxing stance, prepared for battle, they walked slowly out into the debris filled wasteland, each watching in different direction to avoid being snuck up on.

Warth, by now, was back in his seat with enough junkfood to feed a small army. He watched the b attle with anticipation, harkening back to a year ago, when he and Shrip had entered a Battle tournament as well. He thrill of battle, the excellence of the pizza they served, the kindness of the people, it had trully been a blast. Something else, however, entered his mind from then. A small tear strolled down his cheek, but he quickly regained his composure and continued to watch the battle.
(A little out of arena story going on here for all you who enjoy your back-up plots)

"She's got a cute walk. She kinda wiggles her behind. She's got a very cute behind."-Otacon, Metal Gear Solid
Be sure to catch my voice, as I will be playing "King Jingaling" in John Zirbe's Banjo-Fourie, and Miles Edgeworth in the sequel to Dily's Only Heros Wear Crevats!

^.^ Perfect innocence is not the lack of corruption, but the lack of corruptability.-Valgaav
TeddVerres
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:18 pm

Last edited by ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby catldr24 on Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:52 pm

Qwerty turned to face.. whatever had been alking to him. "This thing in my hand is more powerful than you will ever be. Just wait and see."
((Qwerty is also wearing a backpack for now, forgot to mention that....))
My Inventory

catldr24
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby TingYi on Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:58 pm

Derek glanced at his watch. The time was up but he couldn't spot his opponent.
"I wonder if they decided to forfeit," he mused, looking around.
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

h

Postby TeddVerres on Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:02 pm

Derek should have thought better, as Chester grabbed him from behind and flung him into a nearby crumbling building. Eddy laughed as it happened. "Come on! You're getting beaten by my pompous brother! Get your head in the game!" Eddy laughed again, but was quickly stopped by a punch to the face. "Shut up! Don't egg him on. First rule of combat, never give your opponent more reasons to kill you then for his own survival." Chester yelled as he resumed his battle stance.

TeddVerres
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:48 pm

Last edited by ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby TingYi on Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:54 pm

Derek snatched what looked like a black ribbon from Chester's ear as he was thrown. He landed easily on the building, bracing himself from the impact with his legs spread strongly and his body firm yet not rigid.
Dangling the black ribbon from his hand Derek grinned.
"Nice to meet you fellas. How about we make this battle a little more fair. Two on one is hardly gentleman-like!" he said as the crowd went wild for him. Well the girls at least. His eyes glowed with a strange black light that sent our a ribbon to meet the one in his hand. Once they touched they began to morph and change. Whatever Chester's worse nightmare was, he was about to face it. In the meantime, Derek himself vanished in the surrounding environment, hidden by shadow.
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby Jonixlord on Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:03 pm

John watched fr0m the waiting room, a few tables down fr0m Ragdoll and Qwerty's little scuffle. He saw Derek fade away and his eyebrow raised. This tournament would be a lot more interesting than first advertised.
"They can't grab me if I'm on fire." - Dan McNinja

"There's no depth to my shallowness." - Daniel Tosh

My Favorite Webcomic
Jonixlord
Keenspot Juggernaut

o

Postby TeddVerres on Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:07 pm

Know standing before them appeared to be..... Shrip & Warth, 2 of his patrons from the Edmonton Heights Hotel. Warth ran up, high fiving Eddy and turned to Chester. "Hey, Chest! Uh, can me and Shrip stay in your guys room with you? I kinda blew up our room." Chester went white, and glanced at Shrip, who had 2 suitcases beside him. Chester fell limp, mumbling to himself in a mentally cracked stupor. Eddy looked over at his brother. He poked him a few times, but he just hung there and mumbled to himself. Eddy shrugged and wrestled control of the legs from his brother and began looking around. He pulled out a beer and chugged, and smashed the glass mug, giving him a weapon. He began his searh with his brother hanging limp.

Warth looked intentivly at the him in the arena. "Wait a minute! I'm not in their! I'm here! That's a fake.... Or maybe I'm not here, I'm in there, and I'M the fake..." Warth set himself to attempt to unravel this puzzle.

TeddVerres
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby catldr24 on Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:10 pm

Qwerty was unfazed. After what had happened last year, this was nothing. "Ragdoll, you say? My name is Qwerty. Remember it. Its the name of your soon-to-be conqueror."
My Inventory

catldr24
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:17 pm

Last edited by ChewyChunkyChocolateMonkE on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby TingYi on Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:20 pm

A long black thread dangled from Eddy's ear before transforming into his worst nightmare as well. Derek was still nowhere to be seen, but definitely still around.

Man these guys have lame nightmares. Good thing I brought...insurance. Derek thought to himself.
TingYi
Keenspot Deity

Postby Jonixlord on Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:23 pm

John shifted his attention to the walking wooden...being. As the wooden one sat down, John tapped the side of his glasses once to thermal vision to see what made him tick...literally.
"They can't grab me if I'm on fire." - Dan McNinja

"There's no depth to my shallowness." - Daniel Tosh

My Favorite Webcomic
Jonixlord
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby TeddVerres on Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:31 pm

Eddys worst nightmare began as what appeared to be a 4 story tall beer glass. He stared at it intently and climbed it to jump in and swim around. However the nightmare part came when the beer in the glass began to decend into nothingness. Eddy was left beerless at the bottom of the glass, crying slightly. However, it was this dream, which was his worst, that had caused himself to teach himself the ancient art of Alcohol Amicus(Beer Buddy). Pulling out 3 beers at once, he drank them all in one quick swig, numming him to the horror of an empty beer glass. Swinging hard, he busted out one side of the giant mug. A look of drunken rage starting in his eyes, he looked around. "SHOW YOURSELF! Or are you afraid to fight a drunken guy with a mumbling idiot attached to him?"

TeddVerres
Keenspot Juggernaut

Next

Return to Mayhem