[Fanart] DasteRoad :: it's ALIVE!! Grim's request on page 27

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

[Fanart] DasteRoad :: it's ALIVE!! Grim's request on page 27

Postby DasteRoad on Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:13 pm

Gne. Here I am, and yes, you understood: this is just another fanart thread. With art, or something that tries very hard to resemble it (without much success). Now that a) I've started colouring with Photoshop, and b) I have a deviantArt account, nothing will stop me fr/om (eh, the bad word) posting my silly doodles! :evilgrin: Mwahahahahahaerrrm-- don't worry, I'm feeling better now. Slightly.

I only have a couple of things to show right now, but I'll upload more in the future since I have a few projects I still have to ink and touch up. Let's start with... a ubercute (or at least, I think she is) Sleepy Grace!
Here on devArt ^^

Yep, that is Grace. In my own style (if I do really have something like that). With Tedd's shirt. And looking sleepy. Don't ask me why :shifty:

Though it's not really EGS fanart, I've also made a portrait of Jodi as a gift for Atashi-Cloud (look at it here... and in his avatar, at the moment. Yay!).

<strike>A little tiny side note: since I'm trying to improve my style, working out on different characters, outfits and themes, I'm currently taking commissions and such. So if some fellow bunny out there would like me to draw his/her characters/thingies whatever, I'd be glad to ^_^</strike> Update: from the 25th of September 2006 I'm closed to requests. For art trades and collabs, I can't guarantee I'll be available, since I have a lot of stuff lined up that I want to do, but ask me if you want and we'll see ^^
Last edited by DasteRoad on Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:08 am, edited 32 times in total.
DasteRoad :: Colony Scribe, Victory Colony ::
Image Image Image
Yay for deviantArt! :: Current avatar courtesy of vampiress_kat :: WerePigeon467 is my sister. Yep, really! ^^

My EGS Fanfics :: Every Time She Closed Her Eyes :: Nothing at All
My EGS Sims :: It lives again! There's a brand new thread! OMG!!!
DasteRoad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby common svensson on Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:31 pm

wow, definitely your own style, very fluent, as far as i can tell. in short: great. You have some practice, eh? one thing that looked wrong to me: grace's right arm is too short. apart fr/om that, quite a sexy drawing, and a good colouring. Looking forward to see more :D!

EDIT: :P :wink:
Last edited by common svensson on Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
My DeviantArt account
ChibiChibiChibi...

don't ask me
ask the ministry
common svensson
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Jake R on Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:31 pm

I SO hope to be the first one able to tell you here how much that picture owns the hell out of me.

... both, actually. Really neat =o

[edit:] CRAP! EFFING NINJA'D! >< !!!!!!! [/edit]
Jake R
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:13 pm

I see you took to heart my hints about making a Fanart thread.^^; HUZZAH!! GO DASTEROAD, GO! *waves flag*

As for the art itself...well, the comment I have is that Grace looks a bit....well, I'd finish the comment, but it'd wind up in the 'hammered' section.^^; still gonna say it anyways...she looks a lot bustier than usual...*flrrd*
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Tenshisama on Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:16 pm

no, no, no, no, no! No coffee for Grace! Only destruction can be wrought by that!

VERY nice art, by the way.
Inventory: One unopened, 2006 vintage Ellen and Nanase celebratory champagne, courtesty of Steven Jester, an one shiny venus-form TF cookie, courtesy of Dan.

Bored? contribute to the FAQ or go comment on my fanart!
The jokes aren't that bad, I promise!
Tenshisama
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lomgren on Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:46 pm

Very well done, great style. I like both, nothing I can see that I would change.
"Illustrious 'Lommy' Lomgren" - anti-paragon, "The Doer of Impossible Things" - Demonic Duck
(Got pulled in by the GPF guest strips. Read the archive in one night, getting 2 hours of sleep)
Image Image
Epic Patrol Bunny artist and avatarist, 12867 bunnypoints (version 2.8, Oct 31, 2006)
Image Image
My inventory ... Where I finished reading carrot..?
Avatar drawn by KillerFish, colored by me. Thanks!
(banners clickable!)
Lomgren
Keenspot Singularity

Postby Malachy19 on Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:48 pm

Ooh, I like your work. In fact, I like it so much I'm going to make a request 8) I have my female avatar done, and FB is workin on Mal...how bout a visual representation of the dark half. Dark Malachy!
"Everyone wants my bacon. My delicious Canadian Bacon" -Camo
All my Characters, in one handy Place
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby Beacon on Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:11 pm

I'm getting tired of saying this, but... if my art was half as good, I'd be a lot happier with DotH right now...
Latest artwork: 04-30-2007 Feudal Link

ImageOriginal doll base copyright of Wayuki's Place
Knight of the Order of the Bunny
Fanart thread.

Chyuc kecig quuc vleag geh iea vi Urnemja Dei, vag meg vi Neamjis, vosuaco Yu urquuic hoor ryupo u mag! (Note: Small modifications have been made to keep this pronounceable.)
Munchkin Stats
Beacon
Keenspot Despot

Postby ProfessorTomoe on Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:15 pm

* applauds respectfully *

I have so much to learn...
RIMMER: "So, Lister, what are you telling us? You're a closet squirrel? Behind closed doors, you parade up and down with a strap-on bushy tail calling yourself 'Nutkin?'"
Dame HelenNet: "Damn you, ProfessorTomoe! You defeated me in the beauty contest, you shall NOT defeat me here!"
High Magister Marshmallum, Minister of FISH

Read the Professor's Wiki and visit his avatar and fanart galleries...but Beware the Seconding!
ProfessorTomoe
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby peragrin on Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:44 pm

:o

And she crawls into bed with Tedd? No wonder why his glasses are always fogged up.

:oops: 8)
Squire of the Bunny_Gesserit
I thought once I was found, but it was only a dream.
Avatar is a modfied doll base from Wayuki Place. Thanks Miss Sidhe
peragrin
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby WerePigeon467 on Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:34 pm

*POWER TACKLE GLOMP to DasteRoad!!* :D You didn't expect it, eh? Eheh.

YAY! for my artist sister!!! :D
Already said what had to be said, but again... damn good! Nothing else to say but this! ^_^

BTW, you should try to play the normal person and don't spread your stupidity here on these poor guys, outside our house' walls. People tend to notice these things, and one day or another someone will call the police or a random madhouse.
-- Being single is not the same as being alone. --

DasteRoad and I are sisters! Really!
WerePigeon467
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Xiroth on Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:17 am

WerePigeon467 wrote:BTW, you should try to play the normal person and don't spread your stupidity here on these poor guys, outside our house' walls. People tend to notice these things, and one day or another someone will call the police or a random madhouse.

I warn you, if you try and keep her from posting art of this quality then the bunny hordes will descend in force ;) Besides, this is the random madhouse.

Nice stuff, DasteRoad :)
Xiroth
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby WerePigeon467 on Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:41 am

Xiroth wrote:I warn you, if you try and keep her frrom posting art of this quality then the bunny hordes will descend in force ;) Besides, this is the random madhouse.

Nice stuff, DasteRoad :)
Oh no no, you get me wrong. I'm talking about certain habits, y'know. Such as starting a topic with the magical word "Gne". Can you believe she talks this way in reality, too? :lol:

Anyway, of course I'm just kidding and she can do whatever she wants (apart from the fact that I'm the younger... :roll: ). I love her madness :D
-- Being single is not the same as being alone. --

DasteRoad and I are sisters! Really!
WerePigeon467
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby DasteRoad on Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:09 am

So many comments! Yay! :D

common svensson wrote:wow, definitely your own style, very fluent, as far as i can tell. in short: great. You have some practice, eh? one thing that looked wrong to me: grace's right arm is too short. apart fr/om that, quite a sexy drawing, and a good colouring. Looking forward to see more :D!
I do really have some practice, even if "my own style" emerged only recently. I started with blatantly-clich
Image Image Image
Yay for deviantArt! :: Current avatar courtesy of vampiress_kat :: WerePigeon467 is my sister. Yep, really! ^^

DasteRoad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Illusionist on Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:37 am

She's like a sleepy little ninja!

Oh, and about your avatar, am I the only one thinking of all your pie?

Self control...
Last edited by Illusionist on Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The book is almost always better than the movie. You could have no better case in point than FROM HELL, Alan Moore's best graphic novel to date, brilliantly illustrated by Eddie Campbell. It's hard to describe just how much better the book is. It's like, "If the movie was an episode of Battlestar Galactica with a guest appearance by the Smurfs and everyone spoke Dutch, the graphic novel is Citizen Kane with added sex scenes and music by your favourite ten bands and everyone in the world you ever hated dies at the end." That's how much better it is. - Warren Ellis.

Nobody ever told Picard that "Ye cannae change the laws of Physics!". They just DID it. - Vampiress Kat.
Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Beacon on Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:28 am

Illusionist wrote:She's like a sleepy little ninja!

If I had the time (I have such difficulty getting around to drawing that I really can't afford to do non-Diana work right now) I would totally try a fanart of Grace in a pose like this one, only dressed as a kunoichi (i.e. tight, black garb and fishnets... why is it that kunoichi are required to wear fishnets?)

Fanart thread.

Chyuc kecig quuc vleag geh iea vi Urnemja Dei, vag meg vi Neamjis, vosuaco Yu urquuic hoor ryupo u mag! (Note: Small modifications have been made to keep this pronounceable.)
Munchkin Stats
Beacon
Keenspot Despot

Postby Tychomonger on Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:04 am

Same reason female warriors have to wear so little armor.
I am a Dragon Quest fanboy.
Tychomonger
Keenspot Despot

Location: Beside myself (astral projection or emotion? you decide!)

Postby Kelvandil on Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:12 am

Procrastinating Bunny
I'll fix a banner someday.

Avatar by ProfessorTomoe. Thankies!
Tenshisama wrote:Crazy convoluted theory #437: The Beatles are living inside Tedd. We don't know how this affects anything, but it's a handy bit of information.
majinbuttercup wrote:I really am not a freak obsessed with the sex lives of squirrels. I was just curious.
Kelvandil
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Beacon on Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:22 am

Yes, although most kunoichi outfits aren't acually all that revealing. At least, not by anime standards.
Actually, thinking about it, I guess it sort of does make sense. Going on the assumption that there is a reason to show off legs, arms, and cleavage, the fishnets would help reduce visibility by darkening those areas.

Fanart thread.

Munchkin Stats
Beacon
Keenspot Despot

Postby DasteRoad on Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:44 am

Beacon wrote:
Illusionist wrote:She's like a sleepy little ninja!

If I had the time (I have such difficulty getting around to drawing that I really can't afford to do non-Diana work right now) I would totally try a fanart of Grace in a pose like this one, only dressed as a kunoichi (i.e. tight, black garb and fishnets... why is it that kunoichi are required to wear fishnets?)
You are welcome to try, even though I can't really answer your kunoichi question :P

Kelvandil wrote:Law of probable attire?
The Laws of Anime are the very foundation of my childhood (yeah, I grew up with Saint Seiya, that's why I'm so messed up). They simply *rule*. :lol:

BTW, I still have to touch up some things, but you'll have a good deal of cheesecake on this thread tomorrow.

What? I'm just talking about a type of cake, you know, the one you eat. Why would you think otherwise? :shifty:

*runs to hide*
Image Image Image

DasteRoad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Malachy19 on Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:03 am

Mmm...cheesecake
"Everyone wants my bacon. My delicious Canadian Bacon" -Camo
All my Characters, in one handy Place
Magical School Wiki ---
Malachy19
Keenspot Deity

Postby DasteRoad on Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:33 am

Malachy19 wrote:Mmm...cheesecake

Of course, remember, it's all about the cake. Yes. It's true.

:P
Image Image Image

DasteRoad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Illusionist on Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:04 pm

Malachy19 wrote:Mmm...cheesecake

Dammit! I wanted to say that!
The book is almost always better than the movie. You could have no better case in point than FROM HELL, Alan Moore's best graphic novel to date, brilliantly illustrated by Eddie Campbell. It's hard to describe just how much better the book is. It's like, "If the movie was an episode of Battlestar Galactica with a guest appearance by the Smurfs and everyone spoke Dutch, the graphic novel is Citizen Kane with added sex scenes and music by your favourite ten bands and everyone in the world you ever hated dies at the end." That's how much better it is. - Warren Ellis.

Nobody ever told Picard that "Ye cannae change the laws of Physics!". They just DID it. - Vampiress Kat.
Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:48 pm

Hrm....if you don't mind, can I suggest a type of cheesecake? or are there choices already implemented?^^;

and, even though I'm not sure whether you'd like to try, I have a request...I'll PM it to you, as I don't want to ruin the surprise...:shifty:what? I like to be mysterious!!
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby DasteRoad on Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:31 pm

Atashi-Cloud wrote:Hrm....if you don't mind, can I suggest a type of cheesecake? or are there choices already implemented?^^;

and, even though I'm not sure whether you'd like to try, I have a request...I'll PM it to you, as I don't want to ruin the surprise...:shifty:what? I like to be mysterious!!

Heh, don't worry :D
The "current" cheesecake material I'm talking about is almost done, but hey, suggestions and other fanart ideas are always welcome! That's why I'm open to requests and commissions, right? Now I'll go check the PM 8)

Mind, however, that when I say "cheesecake" I'm actually talking about a sweet-tasting cake made with cheese... of course :P
Image Image Image

DasteRoad
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Next

Return to El Goonish Shive