Petition

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

Postby Zero-San on Mon May 21, 2001 12:23 am

*reads* ok... now I have proof why I avoid the Sinfest board like the plauge. You can feel free to repost what I'm about to say in their board if ya like but I'm not about to do it myself cuse I'm not a big fan of Sinfest lately, tho I used to be...<P>It's all jsut plain stupid! All that over someone who didn't like the way teh newbie was being hazed? There is nothing wrong with newbie hazing... you just ignore it and go on with your damn day. It's not like the guys are stalking the newbie and beating on him in real life is it? It's harmless fun just to get the new ppl used to the wacky shit thats bound to happen on a message board! Would I sign a pitition to make Keenspot remove the post counts? I have two words for you on that... 'leeg off', cuse I like that being there, it shows who's been the most talkative or some shit like that. Just let the Sinfest ppl haze their newbies, let em hold Despots higher then other... let em jump of a cliff for all I care, but don't get your panties in a twist over some newbie hazing. we all went through it when we first joined. It happens to everyone, so just leave it alone. The Keen boards are fine just how they are.
Zero-San
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Fink The Insane on Mon May 21, 2001 6:35 am

I don't see the post count as a status symbol(at least not on this forum), but an expresion of how we love this comic so much, that we spend most or all of our free time posting and waiting for new posts or topics to come. If you want to rally up some support, go to a forum that gives a shit. Thank you, that is all for now.<P>------------------
Insanity is doing the same thing in the same way and expecting different results -Chinese Proverb<P>Insanity destroys reason, but not wit. -Nataniel Emmons<P>I became insane, with long intervals of horible sanity -Edgar Alan Poe
Fink The Insane
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Fink The Insane on Mon May 21, 2001 7:21 am

Forgot to mention that post counts are also good for newbie poking and whacking newbies. You get a whack for stupidity.
<B>WHACK WHACK WHACK!</B>
Fink The Insane
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Mondoz on Mon May 21, 2001 8:39 am

I just read some of the other threads in that board. I didn't feel any of the sense of community that I feel here.
It's like there's a sense of purpose in both boards: Here, the purpose is to discuss and create. There, the purpose seems to be to argue and insult.
I didn't like it there.<P>I think I'll go read the glasses thread again.
Mondoz
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby gwalla on Mon May 21, 2001 9:12 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheThingThatShouldNotBe:
<B>I want everyone who supports the elimination of post counts on the KeenSpot Boards to e-mail at sdhoyt@mediaone.net with an e-mail supporting this move from the e-mail used to register your nick on the boards and your name so i can prove its actual users asking for it this is because post counts have become to much a status symbol and thats wrong key example look on the sinfest board in the Hello thread from GenPenguin
Thank you for your support or lack off
Absoluthoyt a.k.a. TTTSNB</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The canonical example of a run-on sentence, ladies and gentlemen. Let's give him a big hand!
<P>------------------
"If it doesn't have humor, it's deficient. Anyone can make beauty."
- Clayton G. Bailey, "Clayton Bailey's Mad Science" in Rhino Records' <I>Brain in a Book</I>
gwalla
Keenspot Deity

Location: Berkeley, CA, USA irc://us.nightstar.net/gwalla,isnick

Postby gwalla on Mon May 21, 2001 9:46 am

Yeah, that's pretty much the impression I got from the one time I tried to get involved there. Feh. Never again. :P<P>------------------
"If it doesn't have humor, it's deficient. Anyone can make beauty."
- Clayton G. Bailey, "Clayton Bailey's Mad Science" in Rhino Records' <I>Brain in a Book</I>
gwalla
Keenspot Deity

Location: Berkeley, CA, USA irc://us.nightstar.net/gwalla,isnick

Postby Sterling on Mon May 21, 2001 10:51 am

And if things are getting out of hand somehow (flamewars, trolling, etc.), then it should be up to the board's moderator to deal with it. Request that the Keenspot admins ban someone, delete the offending posts, etc.<P>Of course, even I've heard tales of how little attention the Sinfest artist and moderator pays to his BBS, so what do you expect? Really?
Sterling
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby TheThingThatShouldNotBe on Mon May 21, 2001 11:52 am

I want everyone who supports the elimination of post counts on the KeenSpot Boards to e-mail at sdhoyt@mediaone.net with an e-mail supporting this move from the e-mail used to register your nick on the boards and your name so i can prove its actual users asking for it this is because post counts have become to much a status symbol and thats wrong key example look on the sinfest board in the Hello thread from GenPenguin
Thank you for your support or lack off
Absoluthoyt a.k.a. TTTSNB<P>
TheThingThatShouldNotBe
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Avalon