another deirdre theory

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

Postby West on Fri May 04, 2001 2:24 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><B>what is the canadian social view on abortion, anyway?
</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>As with most things, considerably more liberal than the US (in general). There are no laws governing abortion and if one is willing to justify one's decision, it is usually covered by the general insurance plan that all Canadians are covered with.<P>Of course, personal views vary considerably, but overall, there's not much of a social stigma. (Of course, almost always a pretty big emotional hit, but that's universal.)
West
Junior Keenspotter

Postby flurf on Fri May 04, 2001 8:12 am

there's a lot of speculation as to deirdre having been pregnant. is the idea of her having had an abortion [rather than coming to term and delivering] so far-fetched? or maybe patrick left/skipped town upon finding out that deedee was pregnant - fear of the responsibility or what have you - instead of her breaking up with him.<P>what is the canadian social view on abortion, anyway?<P>just some random thoughts.<P>flurf
flurf
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Fink The Insane on Fri May 04, 2001 8:59 am

Hmmm, interesting theory<P>------------------
Insanity is doing the same thing in the same way and expecting different results -Chinese Proverb<P>Insanity destroys reason, but not wit. -Nataniel Emmons<P>I became insane, with long intervals of horible sanity -Edgar Alan Poe
Fink The Insane
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Pauline Hewitt on Fri May 04, 2001 9:47 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by flurf:
<B>...or maybe Patrick left/skipped town upon finding out that deedee was pregnant - fear of the responsibility or what have you - instead of her breaking up with him.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That would match with *Reckless and Rebellious* and would hurt all the more as Deedee would not expect it to apply to her.<br>I did wonder if he faced down Mr. B and laughed in his face but Mrs.B called his bluff on R+R, offered him money to get out of town and he took it and went. Hence double betrayal - not just left but threw in the hand she so respected.<br>However I expect Josh will have worse for us. Either way I'm expecting Ryan to get it in the neck. *sigh*</p>
<p><b>PJH</b></p>
Pauline Hewitt
Keenspotter Supreme

Return to Avalon