Squato's Music Video Thread (Updated 16/10).

It means "The Goonish Shive."

Moderators: DarkShive, corran_star, Berk

Squato's Music Video Thread (Updated 16/10).

Postby Sqauto on Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:54 am

Edit break to be the 404.

Yes, I have made a Music Video too. I have never done this before, but I learned a lot from it (like saving before the power goes out). So my next one should be better (yes I plan to make more).

The song is Brick by Ben Folds Five. I was planning to do this about Grace & Tedd, but it was talking with Taigan who suggested that I go with the idea that I ended up using (plus he gave me a hand putting it online, so give him a thank you too).

So sit back & enjoy Squatos 1st Music Video.

(Note, it is around the 10.5 mb mark)

Oh and remember. Right click, "Save Target As..." (IE), "Save Link As..." (Opera).

Others:
2nd Here
3rd Here
4th Here
5th
6th
Real 6th
Real 6th Video
Last edited by Sqauto on Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:50 am, edited 9 times in total.
I am what I am.
I am a Professional Hostage
ImageImage

Just say NO to Squato.
Sqauto
Keenspot Deity

Re: Squato's Music Video Thread.

Postby Q99 on Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:57 pm

Nice.

It was a lot slower than the other videos which was an interesting change of pace.
My livejournal - My deviantart account (check it out!)
Zero (me) by Xero
"The universe doesn't care what you believe. The wonderful thing about science is it doesn't ask for your faith, it just asks for your eyes." -xkcd
Q99
Keenspot Juggernaut

Re: Squato's Music Video Thread.

Postby Taigan on Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:53 pm

Sqauto wrote: ...but it was talking with Taigan who suggested that I go with the idea....

Actually my idea was for Nanase & Elliot (before they broke up) but I thought you couldn't find enough images to work with. This is better.

Wow. I am really impressed by this. You've done things in your first attempt that I still haven't gotten the hang of. The quality of the transitions, the selection of images, you've done some great photoshopping. The synching the song to the video is superb.

Damn. I'll have to kick it up a notch on my next one. :wink:
"Reality is just raw material." - Safe Havens

I forgot my watch; but time will happen to me anyway.
Taigan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby peragrin on Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:19 pm

Good job. though not all of us can play the latest in Windows media files.
Squire of the Bunny_Gesserit
I thought once I was found, but it was only a dream.
Avatar is a modfied doll base from Wayuki Place. Thanks Miss Sidhe
peragrin
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby madbob on Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:35 pm

sorry Bubba, I tried to link up but I can't get any activity...oh well...
There are three kinds of people, the one who learns from reading, the three who learn from watching, the rest of them figure it out after they pee on the electric fence...
madbob
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby strapp on Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:36 pm

I'd just like to say that that was really really good!

More more more!
E & N Shipper for Life
strapp
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Captain Steve on Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:48 pm

That was frikken amazing!

Absolutely GREAT JOB!

I especially love how you made most of the transitions happen between bars of music, it made it flow perfectly. I noticed that most of the images took up 2 bars of music (8 beats), it was a great pace for the images.
Captain Steve
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Sqauto on Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:03 am

Q99 wrote:Nice.

It was a lot slower than the other videos which was an interesting change of pace.

Thanks, I used Windows Movie Maker to put it together (hence, the pace).

Taigan wrote:
Sqauto wrote: ...but it was talking with Taigan who suggested that I go with the idea....

Actually my idea was for Nanase & Elliot (before they broke up) but I thought you couldn't find enough images to work with. This is better.

*Looks at messages. Damn, your right. As to the images, so of them I just could not pass up.

Taigan wrote:Wow. I am really impressed by this. You've done things in your first attempt that I still haven't gotten the hang of. The quality of the transitions, the selection of images, you've done some great photoshopping. The synching the song to the video is superb.

Thanks, but that how it came out with Windows Movie Maker + Photoshop. Like I said, I do plan to make some more, but they should look like this (until I get the hang of this, I'll make an experimental Dance Video [don't worry, it will be something by Fatboy Slim, or something like that]).

madbob wrote:sorry Bubba, I tried to link up but I can't get any activity...oh well...

Did you try to use the right click. If that didn't work, PM me & I'll email it to you (if you have the space with your email inbox).

Captain Steve wrote:That was frikken amazing!

Absolutely GREAT JOB!

I especially love how you made most of the transitions happen between bars of music, it made it flow perfectly. I noticed that most of the images took up 2 bars of music (8 beats), it was a great pace for the images.

Thanks, that was what I was tring to do. that it made it is a good thing.

The next one will take a little time, as I need to get back into writing. But the next one could be Clint Eastwood (Elliot/Ellen :wink: ).
I am what I am.
ImageImage

Just say NO to Squato.
Sqauto
Keenspot Deity

Postby greenfish on Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:00 am

Wow. just wow. That was amazing. Beautiful transitions and great selection of pics. The song was perfect and the improvised dialogue brought it all together. It was the kind of film that makes me smile and feel better about how my day is going. Just a great job. I can't wait for more.
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am."

Why is it whenever I start a story with "Well I got bored, so I..." people get scared and run away?

Linux is Luke. FreeBSD is Yoda.

The three most dangerous things are a programmer with a soldering iron, a manager who codes, and a user who gets ideas.
greenfish
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Python (Monty) on Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:10 am

ARRRRGH! Damned school network with everyone downloading during their frees!

EDIT:

Oh BLOODY HELL! WHY CAN"T MY COMPUTER STOP PLAYING ABOUT 30 SECONDS IN?!?

However, it is rather funny and ironic that it stopped right on the frame when Ellen is thinking: "Why did that have to happen. Why?" My thoughts exactly...
Current Form: half-panda

Inventory of inventory-ness: TF Gun, squirrel teddie, Dead Fish, Generic Soda (5), Cookie in Shiny Wrapper, all-flavor muffin tray, hammer immunity shield, Portable Corner (tm)

My DeviantArt account, w/ all (not much at the moment) of my non-EGS stuff.

Join the Global Bunny Legion Facebook group

I am the Aide to the Minister of Silly Walks.

My life rebells against the laws of physics and instead obeys the Laws of Anime

Squire to the Knight KillerFish, Order of the Bunnies.
Python (Monty)
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Illusionist on Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:01 am

I love it to bits. I can't say anything more, but have an Iron halo, on the house!

*Gives Squato the Iron Halo*
The book is almost always better than the movie. You could have no better case in point than FROM HELL, Alan Moore's best graphic novel to date, brilliantly illustrated by Eddie Campbell. It's hard to describe just how much better the book is. It's like, "If the movie was an episode of Battlestar Galactica with a guest appearance by the Smurfs and everyone spoke Dutch, the graphic novel is Citizen Kane with added sex scenes and music by your favourite ten bands and everyone in the world you ever hated dies at the end." That's how much better it is. - Warren Ellis.

Nobody ever told Picard that "Ye cannae change the laws of Physics!". They just DID it. - Vampiress Kat.
Illusionist
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby WMS on Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:05 am

Very well done, Squato. Maybe at some point, when the story progresses enough, you can do a sequel. :wink:
In and out, here and there, to and fro, on and off.
*Original Vladia Fanboy* ^_^
Illusionist wrote:Accidentally transsexual ex-vampires make the best psychiatrists.
*Keeper of the Flowery Backgrounds* :D
DarkShive wrote:"Flower backgrounds in EGS signify a moment of romance, attraction, joy, beauty, etc. Note that it does not necessarily mean love or even lust, or at least not love in the sexual sense."
:o :D :wink:
WMS
Keenspot Despot

Postby Sqauto on Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:14 am

WMS wrote:Very well done, Squato. Maybe at some point, when the story progresses enough, you can do a sequel. :wink:

Maybe I will, I just need to find the rigth song.

As a side note, I may have a song pick for Lord Tedd (if the story works with it). It is The Spirit Of Man from Jeff Wanye's Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds. The sone is about a man and a woman debate if it s all worth living for as the their world falls around them (he's for giving up, she's for living). If you know the song, you know what I mean.
I am what I am.
ImageImage

Just say NO to Squato.
Sqauto
Keenspot Deity

Postby WMS on Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:35 am

Sqauto wrote:
WMS wrote:Very well done, Squato. Maybe at some point, when the story progresses enough, you can do a sequel. :wink:

As a side note, I may have a song pick for Lord Tedd (if the story works with it). It is The Spirit Of Man from Jeff Wanye's Musical Version Of The War Of The Worlds. The sone is about a man and a woman debate if it s all worth living for as the their world falls around them (he's for giving up, she's for living). If you know the song, you know what I mean.

Good. :) Maybe you can do a 'Director's Cut' where you comment on every scene of the video you've already done. :P

And I don't know the song, but I'll be looking forward to your next video anyway. ^_^

Heck, I'm enjoying all the videos...and the fanart...even if I don't always comment on it. ;)
Illusionist wrote:Accidentally transsexual ex-vampires make the best psychiatrists.
DarkShive wrote:"Flower backgrounds in EGS signify a moment of romance, attraction, joy, beauty, etc. Note that it does not necessarily mean love or even lust, or at least not love in the sexual sense."
WMS
Keenspot Despot

Postby mixlas on Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:03 am

if i liked music videos i would say it's good job but i HATE music videos :evil:
nice job anyway..well at least the first 3 minutes i managed to watch
:wink:
(
mixlas
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:30 pm

^^ heh...very nice, Squato. I have to say that it would be interesting if you could also try a commission?^^ my request would be A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton.^^ it's up to you to decide the pair for it..^^ or just a single person if that'll work too..^^;;
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Uite on Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:08 pm

Sqauto wrote:

That would be an excellent choice! I love Phil Lynott on that song. 'The Spirit Of Man' is the best song on that album, except for maybe 'The Eve Of War'. It is a very long song though, about 11 minutes... Might need some serious cutting. I'm very interested in how you'll tackle it!
Uite
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Sqauto on Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:40 am

WMS wrote:
Sqauto wrote:

Good. :) Maybe you can do a 'Director's Cut' where you comment on every scene of the video you've already done. :P

And I don't know the song, but I'll be looking forward to your next video anyway. ^_^

Like I said, it's a future one (planned, but I'll wait for Dan to show that story). If you want I'll post the lyrics. As to the Directors Cut idea :lol: , maybe one day maybe.

Atashi-Cloud wrote:^^ heh...very nice, Squato. I have to say that it would be interesting if you could also try a commission?^^ my request would be A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton.^^ it's up to you to decide the pair for it..^^ or just a single person if that'll work too..^^;;

I know the song, but I don't have it. If you can send it I'll give it a go.

Uite wrote:That would be an excellent choice! I love Phil Lynott on that song. 'The Spirit Of Man' is the best song on that album, except for maybe 'The Eve Of War'. It is a very long song though, about 11 minutes... Might need some serious cutting. I'm very interested in how you'll tackle it!

Forever Autumn is another great song too, same as Thunder Child (this should have been in the film. As a side, I'm listerning to it now. If I can cut it down to 7:23 (give or take). That is the first 1:37-9:00 mins.
I am what I am.
ImageImage

Just say NO to Squato.
Sqauto
Keenspot Deity

Postby TeddIncarnate on Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:17 pm

...Wow...just wow...you made me cry...*saves video*

"What?! Hell no! Of course I'm a pervert! I may not think that kind of voyeurism is right, but that doesn't make me any less of a pervert! Okay, maybe a little less, but I obsess about lesbians, women with tails turn me on, and I can tell you point by point what's sexy about a guy being turned into a hot chick! I like the idea of a shrink potion, perhaps in soda form, just because of the mental image of a woman gradually shrinking out of her clothes! And if it were up to me, the school dress code would be a rotation of fetish outfits, ranging from Catholic schoolgirl to bunny outfits, all leading up to naked Fridays...complete with mandatory games of twister at noon!" - Tedd
TeddIncarnate
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Pythonus on Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:27 pm

Squato wrote:Thanks, I used Windows Movie Maker to put it together (hence, the pace).

I have a Mac. *pout*
You look in the mirror, but someone else looks back. You remember a life you never had, one that cannot be yours. You are the piece that does not fit, you don't belong in this game. The board has been knocked over, and you shall be swept away...

And you see, my lad, the true moral behind the battle of Trenton is that if you party too hardy, George Washington will kick your ass. Any questions?
-Mr. Verres
Pythonus
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Taigan on Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:44 pm

Pythonus wrote:
Squato wrote:Thanks, I used Windows Movie Maker to put it together (hence, the pace).

I have a Mac. *pout*

Are you saying you'd like to try using WMM? Me too.

Are you saying you can't watch the video?
Check out Windows player for Mac OSX
"Reality is just raw material." - Safe Havens

I forgot my watch; but time will happen to me anyway.
Taigan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Pythonus on Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:36 pm

Taigan wrote:
Pythonus wrote:

I have a Mac. *pout*

Are you saying you'd like to try using WMM? Me too.

Are you saying you can't watch the video?
Check out Windows player for Mac OSX

I'm saying I can't watch it. Thanks for showing me where I can get it.
You look in the mirror, but someone else looks back. You remember a life you never had, one that cannot be yours. You are the piece that does not fit, you don't belong in this game. The board has been knocked over, and you shall be swept away...

And you see, my lad, the true moral behind the battle of Trenton is that if you party too hardy, George Washington will kick your ass. Any questions?
-Mr. Verres
Pythonus
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby DragonsBane101 on Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:53 pm

I feel a powerful need to make an animated version of the underwater sequence...a powerful need indeed *runs to flash*
http://yuumei.keenspace.com
Vote for YuuMei on Top Web Comics! Pwese?
DragonsBane101
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby WMS on Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:32 pm

Sqauto wrote:
WMS wrote:
Sqauto wrote:

Like I said, it's a future one (planned, but I'll wait for Dan to show that story). If you want I'll post the lyrics. As to the Directors Cut idea :lol: , maybe one day maybe.

Sure, go ahead and post the lyrics. Or link to them. Either would be fine. :)

Ooh, ooh, you could do a 'The Making of' video, with extra scenes, and bloopers, and cast commentaries, and little cast statues, and...
;)
WMS
Keenspot Despot

Postby Sqauto on Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:13 am

WMS wrote:
Sqauto wrote:
WMS wrote:
Sqauto wrote:

Maybe I will, I just need to find the right song.

Sure, go ahead and post the lyrics. Or link to them. Either would be fine. :)

Here you go.

The Spirit Of Man

[i]Beth- Dear God Help us!

Parson Nathaniel- The voice of the Devil is heard in our land!

(Sound of Martian Heat ray)

Parson Nathaniel (singing)- Listen do you hear them drawing near,
In their search for the sinners?
Feeding on the power of our fear and the evil within us.
Incarnation of Satan
I am what I am.
ImageImage

Just say NO to Squato.
Sqauto
Keenspot Deity

Next

Return to El Goonish Shive