EGS Cards (Based on MtG)

Games, RP, general Mayhem (within reason, of course)

Moderators: TingYi, anti-paragon, DarkShive

EGS Cards (Based on MtG)

Postby Erik Mesoy on Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:50 am

In the Bunny Initiation Package Thread (main EGS forum), an EGS card game was proposed as part of the package. This grew into developing an "EGS Block" for Magic: The Gathering.

I hereby post the cards come up with so far. Modifications, suggestions and balancing are all MOST welcome.

Basic EGS lands:
School (provides 1 white mana)
Secret Project Site (provides 1 black mana)
House (provides 1 green mana)
Government Facility (provides 1 blue mana)
Anime Martial Arts Dojo/Movie Theater (provides 1 red mana)

Tedd's Glasses [1]
Artifact
T: view target opponent's hand

Gun of Tedd [2GG] (Artifact)
X, T: Remove all transformation counters from a creature. Then place X transformation counters on it and change its gender. If the creature ever has no transformation counters on it, end this effect.
X1G, T: Remove all transformation counters from a creature. Then place X transformation counters on it and change its creature type. If the creature ever has no transformation counters on it, end this effect.
X2GG, T: Remove all transformation counters from a creature. Place X transformation counters on it. Target creature gains +3/+2 as long as there are any transformation counters on it.
2GGG, Sacrifice Gun of Tedd: Remove all transformation counters from a creature. You choose that creature's new type and color. You may modify its power and toughness by 2 each. This effect is permanent.
Flavor text: "I'M STUCK LIKE THIS FOR A MONTH?!" -Elliot Dunkel

Dewitchery Diamond [5]
5, T: Put into play a Duplicate counter, with statistics identical to target friendly creature which has at least one enchantment. Transfer all enchantments from target permanent to Duplicate counter. Flip this card. If card lands face-up, Duplicate is under your control, if face-down it is under the control of opponent to your left.
-SNAP- "heheheHAHAHAHA ...I'm Ellen, the evil twin of Elliot, and I'm gonna live!" -Ellen Dunkel

Theatre Clerk [R]
Creature - Male Human
Power/Toughness: 1/1
When attacked by or blocked by a female creature, Theatre Clerk gains -1/+1.
"I can't charge full price to a fellow Playah like yourself!" -The 'Playah' TC.

Squirrel Form [1G]
Enchant Creature - Transformation
Enchanted non-artifact creature gains -1/+1, House-walking (Unblockable if opponent has any houses).
"When bored and half-squirrel, only one solution exists: bounce around the house mindlessly!" -Grace Shade Tail

Hostile Takeover [2AAA]
Enchant Creature
Sacrifice a Secret Project Site when Hostile Takeover comes into play. Take control of Enchanted creature.
"Come with me." -Damien

Tamashii Gekido [3]
Sorcery (?)
Deal three damage to all opponents creatures.
Sorry to interupt but - Tamashii Gekido! - Elliot.

Mahoh No Sepekutoru [2]
Sorcery (?)
Place two illusion counters on target creature. When target creature is damaged, remove one counter. Target suffers no damage.
When all counters are gone, discard enchantment.
Dammit, I hate these 'Which one is real' illusion attacks. - Elliot.

Fork [R]
Instant
Deal 2 damage to target creature. If you have an untapped card named Elliot Dunkel in play, you may tap him and have this card deal 2 additional damage to the same creature.
"TOGATEIRU FOHKU KOHGEKI!"

Goo [1GG]
Creature - Goo
3, T: Put a +2/+1 counter on Goo. Use this ability only during your upkeep.
Power/Toughness: 0/3
"Splip splort sploop."

Lesser Chimera [3UU (blUe) ]
Creature - Chimera
2: Lesser Chimera gains +1/-1 until end of turn.
2: Lesser Chimera gains -1/+1 until end of turn.
Power/Toughness: 2/3

Mr. Verres [1W]
Creature - Government Agent
When Mr. Verres comes into play, all Chimeras are returned to control of their proper owners.
Power/Toughness: 1/2

Damien, Master of Fire [4AAA (blAck) ]
Legendary Creature - Human Lord
When Damien, Master of Fire comes into play, gain control of all Chimeras.
1R: Deal 1 damage to target creature or player.
AA: Regenerate Damien, Master of Fire.
Trample, Protection from White.
Power/Toughness: 6/5

Also, PLEASE post cards in the following format:
Name [Cost]
Type
Abilities
Power/Toughness (if any)
Flavor text

Obligatory copyright notice: "Magic: the Gathering" and many other terms used herein are copyright to Wizards of the Coast. We do not intend to use this material for commercial purposes nor to rip off Wizards. WotC has the right to print every one of these cards and not credit us. Much artwork is also from El Goonish Shive, copyright to Daniel Shive. Etc etc etc. In short, we will cease and desist as soon as either party asks us politely, and we'll expand this notice as necessary.
Last edited by Erik Mesoy on Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Erik Mesoy
Keenspot Despot

Postby Erik Mesoy on Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:00 am

Now for my comments on the cards posted.

Hostile Takeover: I'd make this a sorcery with the same playing cost, with an ability along the lines of:
When Hostile Takeover comes into play, Sacrifice X lands and pay X black mana: Destroy X Secret Project Sites and gain control over X creatures.
Flavor text is good.

Tamashii Gekido: What's this supposed to be? A sorcery? An instant? And why is it colorless? I'd make it red and more expensive.

The spelling for the next one is "Mahoh No Supekutoru", but I like it. Seems a little cheap, though.
Erik Mesoy
Keenspot Despot

Postby Berk on Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:10 am

Before this goes any further, I think we should wait for a reply from Dan, I have messaged him and he may say no.

And Mahoh No Sepekutoru would be an enchantment. Tamashii Gekido would be an instant.

Most of mine have been colourless so far as I'm finding it hard to atribute a colour to them, if you want to change it to a certain colour, go ahead.
Berk: Logically breaking the laws of logic.
Epic Bunny: 11910 Bunnypoints

Cool Ellen quotes:
Is that all you noticed while in my shirt?
Yo Piggy! Get away from my brother 'fore I make you squeal!
Ah Yes, The Wonder Twins... They do complicate matters don't they?
That crazed look could have meant any number of things!
I feel significantly less menacing.
Blasphemy!
Given that I'd be in the closet with another girl, I don't think I'd be doing a very good job.
I'm supposed to know how magic works?
I thought I was ready for man-on-Ellen loving.
Mom told me to wake you. She was unspecific as to how.
Excuse me, I need to find something heavy and blunt to kill you with.
You can make marbles even more shiny?
Well, that, or "Mind your own business, jackass!"
Magnet!
Dammit, she can thumb-type every word, but she can't bust out the emoticons?
Berk
Keenspot Deity

Postby Erik Mesoy on Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:13 am

A few other things that my friend and I thought up:

Keywords: Male, Female. The wording "Target creature with Male" is clunky, but unambiguous, and within the existing rules.

Hammer [3]
Artifact Equipment [2 to equip]
Equip only to creatures with Female. Equipped creature gains the following ability:
T: Deal damage to target creature with Male equal to its power.

Edit: Berk ninja-posted me.
Personally, I'm more worried about WotC than Dan. This is so fun, I hope it gets to survive. We can always swear that it won't be serious or something... *cries at thought of M:tEGS being shut down*
Erik Mesoy
Keenspot Despot

Postby ssokolow on Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:31 am

Assuming that neither Dan nor WotC object, I suggest you take a look at http://del.icio.us/ssokolow/MtG.

I've bookmarked two card-making tools which I was planning to use to "remaster" all of the shopped 4chan MtG cards. (Regular MtG just doesn't have enough of a WTF!? factor)

Also, considering how many shopped cards and cardsets I've seen floating around the web, you'll probably get an OK from WotC as long as you emphasize that you don't intend to make a profit, make everyone print their own, and put up a big "these cards are not official MtG cards" disclaimer.
== For the record: ==
As long as they're civil, I welcome PMs from anyone and everyone.
I use Gentoo Linux with a KDE desktop... heavily customized
== Quotes: ==
"I'm aware this is a comic with weresquirrels and magic, but that would have made no sense whatsoever." -- Dan Shive
"Out of all of this, I have become completely convinced of one thing: some omniscient being is playing Yahtzee with fate here." -- Midnight_zephyr
"What about painting my house an ugly color, spilling ugly photons on your land?" -- Tim Lee
I has a cookie.
ssokolow
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby m2pt5 on Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:18 am

Erik Mesoy wrote:Keywords: Male, Female. The wording "Target creature with Male" is clunky, but unambiguous, and within the existing rules.

Subtypes would be more appropriate.

Creature - Human Male, for example.

Then "Target Male creature" would be perfectly valid. Or even "Target Male", as they've used it with creature types before. (Such as "Target Goblin".)

And Magic Set Editor is awesome. I've made many a card with it.

However, I don't see any reason to restrict EGS card games to Magic... I've brought up the idea of an EGS Munchkin set before.

Edit: Maybe something like this? (I adjusted the wording for simplicity and clarity, and trimmed it a bit so the flavor text would fit.)

I also respond to "m2" or "Emtu".
m2pt5
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby crypto on Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:07 pm

I'd make our favorite Fire lord a Black/red creature.

Omega Grace: [4WWW]
Ignores portection white.
Trample, banding,
6/6
NEVER AGAIN!!

Takeing you with me
Instant
Remove from play 1 creature and tap X red manna. Deal (X+creatures power) damage to all creatures.

Timely protection X
instant
TX: (X=damage) Block all damage to target creatures
Are you all right?

Example:
Damien, Master of Fire [4AAA (blAck) ] (Power/Toughness: 6/5) is in play on my side.

My opponent has Omega Grace in play as well as Ellen, Elliot, and Nioi. As Omega grace ignores protection White and her power means she can take out Damien.

So to do as much damages as possable I place Damian out of play and tap 3 red manna, destroying Omega Grace, Ellen, Elliot and Nioi.

that is until my opponet plays Timely Protection
Current Goonmanji form:The game board

Infuego wrote:
crypto wrote:
"noskunkonskunkactionforyou".

We can dream can't we? Actually, I'm picturing Skunk on Ellen on Nan on skunk action.

Ooh, best idea I've heard today! Or read, i guess...

Quadraxis wrote:Crypto, your mind is a very disturbing sandwich. The kind of sandwich you decide not to eat and just let rot somewhere unnoticeable.
crypto
Keenspot Despot

Postby crypto on Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:13 pm

Nioi 4 colorless
Creature - sorceress
T: may cast 1 enchantment or instant at half cost
Current Goonmanji form:The game board

Infuego wrote:
crypto wrote:
"noskunkonskunkactionforyou".

We can dream can't we? Actually, I'm picturing Skunk on Ellen on Nan on skunk action.

Ooh, best idea I've heard today! Or read, i guess...

Quadraxis wrote:Crypto, your mind is a very disturbing sandwich. The kind of sandwich you decide not to eat and just let rot somewhere unnoticeable.
crypto
Keenspot Despot

Postby Ted Logan on Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:22 pm

Some minor problems with the original list. If it is to be based off of MTG, Artifacts can't have colored mana in their casting cost. They can have an alternate casting cost in the card text. For example:

Gun of Tedd [4]
Artifact
You may pay GG instead of the normal casting cost.
etc....

Scondly, Enchantments, Sorcereries, Instants, and Creatures (other than artifact creatures) need colored mana in their casting cost). For Example:

Tamashii Gekido [2R]
Instant
Deal three damage to all of target opponent's creatures.

Mahou No Sepekutoru [1B]
Sorcery
I have decided to change my forum name, to Darryl. Please send all PMs, or any messages, to that name. Thank you.
Ted Logan
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Deiwos on Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:24 pm

Thought I would pull this up, since I've seen it used to make magic cards for DMFA before. Good luck!
Deiwos
Newb pack, half bottle of immortaility infused water, instant gravy pack, emu, auto-cleaning label,
Ninja Tedd action figure, pinapple cheese, from Jasmine: Australian Style Hat that says, "Here, fishy fishy!",
a giant tub of chocolate, perma-melted, Chibi Jyrras Plushie from anti-paragon.

Current form: *Points at avatar* Jyrras Gianna

anthro-kangarro rat.. FTW -Alavaria
Moderator Powers Activate! Form of Thread Lock! -Berk
If you waste all your water, then you deserve to go thirsty. -sven8705

It's OK to be a little scared of the outside world... -Dan
Final warning... -Abel
But don't you worry widdle Abel-Wable... I'll protect you from all the mean old mall ladies! -Dan
... OK now I got to kill you. -Abel

From DMFA
Deiwos
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Xiroth on Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:04 pm

Erik Mesoy wrote:Hostile Takeover: I'd make this a sorcery with the same playing cost, with an ability along the lines of:
When Hostile Takeover comes into play, Sacrifice X lands and pay X black mana: Destroy X Secret Project Sites and gain control over X creatures.
Flavor text is good.

Hmm, seems a little over-powered. I also left it as a enchantment so that it could be dispelled (and therefore fit the comic).

Perhaps:
Hostile Takeover [XAAA]
Global Enchantment
Sacrifice X Secret Project Sites when Hostile Takeover comes into play. While Hostile Takeover is in play, you have control of X creatures chosen when Hotile Takeover is cast.
"Come with me." -Damien

Erik Mesoy wrote:The spelling for the next one is "Mahoh No Supekutoru", but I like it. Seems a little cheap, though.

Hmm, perhaps should be:
Mahoh No Supekutoru [3U]
Enchantment
Place two illusion counters on target creature. When target creature is damaged through combat, remove one counter. Target suffers no damage.
When all counters are gone, discard enchantment.
Dammit, I hate these 'Which one is real' illusion attacks. - Elliot.

m2pt5 wrote:Subtypes would be more appropriate.

Creature - Human Male, for example.

Then "Target Male creature" would be perfectly valid. Or even "Target Male", as they've used it with creature types before. (Such as "Target Goblin".)

Yeah, that's what I was going for with the Theatre Clerk.

m2pt5 wrote:Edit: Maybe something like this? (I adjusted the wording for simplicity and clarity, and trimmed it a bit so the flavor text would fit.)

Pure awesome. I like :)

crypto wrote:Omega Grace: [4WWW]
Ignores portection white.
Trample, banding,
6/6
NEVER AGAIN!!

I'm not so sure that Omega Grace should be a card by itself. Perhaps we should have these two:
Grace Shade Tail [3WW]
Legendary Creature - Female Seyluno
May be affected by multiple transformation enchantments.
1: Gains -1/+1 and House-walking until next turn.
X,T: Turn X transformation enchantments on Grace Shade Tail face down. Grace Shade Tail is no longer affected by these enchantments.
X,T: Turn X face-down enchantments on Grace Shade Tail face up. Grace Shade Tail is again affected by these enchantments.
2/3
To be honest, I have no idea what the flavour text should be :-? Most of the good Grace quotes need lines from multiple people.

Omega Form [4W]
Enchantment - Transformation
Two Secret Project Sites may be sacrificed instead of the casting cost.
Target gains +4/+4, Trample, Ignores protection from white.
Enchantedcreature does not untap during normal untap phase unless 5 is paid.
NEVER AGAIN!

I'd prefer that the Omega Form was one of Grace's inherent abilities, but I don't think there'd be enough room :P I think that only one transformation enchantment should be allowed on any one creature in general (any transformation which is cast on a creature which is already transformed replaces the old transformation), which is why I put that first ability there.
Xiroth
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby m2pt5 on Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:29 pm

Xiroth wrote:I think that only one transformation enchantment should be allowed on any one creature in general (any transformation which is cast on a creature which is already transformed replaces the old transformation), which is why I put that first ability there.

That's an awesome idea. Even more so now that "local" enchantments (enchantments that are played on another card; type Enchant <something>) are now Enchantments with the subtype Aura, and what they enchant stated in the text. These could be Enchantment - Transformation Aura and keyword rules for Transformation could be Whenever you play a transformation on a creature, destroy any other transformations already on that creature. Something like the old Enchant World rules, but per-creature.

Edit: Here, I whipped up an Omega Form card for you.

Edit again: Maybe the TF gun should be something like this:

Gun of Tedd
Artifact
TF Auras you play cost 1 less to play.
1, T: Switch target creature's gender until end of turn.
2, T: Change target creature's type(s) to the type(s) of your choice until end of turn.
3, T: Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
4, T, discard a card from your hand: Search your library for a TF Aura, reveal it, and put it in your hand. Shuffle your library afterwards.
"I'M STUCK LIKE THIS FOR A MONTH?!" -Elliot Dunkel

Edit the third: The flavor text wouldn't fit.

Complex does not necessarily equal better. I think this would work well enough for game purposes, and it actually fits on a card.
m2pt5
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Berk on Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:38 pm

What I have so far:

Matt [2White]
Creature.
Matt gains +1/+1 when Rat is also in play.
1/1

Well you have a big nose! - Matt.

Rat [2White]
Creature.
Rat gains +1/+1 when Matt is also in play.
1/1

Well you're a chubby little punk! - Rat.

Omega Goo [7Green]
Creature.
7/7

Proceeding with prepared set of curse words to imitate anger. Shit. Crap. F- - Omega Goo.

Anime Martial Artist [2Red]
Creature.
2/3

Yes, there are more students than Elliot, Nanase and Justin. I'm just far too lazy to draw any of them. - Dan.

Yesterday's News [1B]
Instant.
Counter target spell.

You don't consider goo coming to life news? - Sarah.

Immortal Spy [2Blue]
Sorcery.
Look at one random card from your opponent's hand and discard it if you wish.

We could pretend to be burglars! That would make sense, right? - Female immortal.

Venus Form [2G]
Enchantment.
Target creature become female and gains +0/+2

I'm beautiful... - Susan.

Government Identity [1Blue]
Sorcery.
Search through your deck for two land cards, put them in play and shuffle deck.

Sissy Slap-Fight [1White]
Sorcery.
Deal 1 damage to target creature.

There willbe no sissy slap-fights in this school! - Principal Verruckt.

Random Nudity [2Black]
Instant.
Target creature cannot attack or block this turn.

No! I will not be stopped by random nudity! - Sarah.

Demonic Duck [1Green]
Instant.
Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt by creatures this turn.

Hey! Is that a demonic duck of some sort? - Nanase.

Cool Ellen quotes:
Blasphemy!
Given that I'd be in the closet with another girl, I don't think I'd be doing a very good job.
Magnet!
Berk
Keenspot Deity

Postby Xiroth on Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:00 am

m2pt5 wrote:Edit: Here, I whipped up an Omega Form card for you.

Nice :D
Let's see...

Americanized Uryuom [2G]
Creature - Uryuom
T: Flip one TF Aura currently affecting Americanized Uryuom upside down. Americanized Uryuom is no longer affected by targeted TF Aura. The TF Aura is no longer considered to be a TF Aura.
T: Flip one upside-down TF Aura face-side up. Its effects are resumed as if newly cast. If Uryuom is already affected by a face-up TF Aura, put that Aura in your graveyard.
1/2
"I could run for President!" -Wil
First sketch

Martial Arts Student [RR]
Creature - Human
R: Martial Arts Student gains +1/+1
2/1
"It's good to know some basics before doing the impossible." -Greg
First panel (It's the closest available)

Cat form [2R]
Enchantment - TF Aura
Enchanted creatures gets +2/+1.
"I need some aspirin, some yarn, and thirty-seven pounds of catnip, stat!" -Elliot
Hmm, Fifth Panel?
Last edited by Xiroth on Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xiroth
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Berk on Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:10 am

The ideas are just flowing like water. :D

Self-Hypnotic Suggestion. [3Blue]
Enchantment.
Enchanted creature is immune to all spells.

Also, I'm using a self-hypnotic suggestion to keep myself from freaking out. - Elliot.

Productive Peeping. [1Blue]
Instant.
View opponent's hand.

Wow... And I thought I was just wasting time peeping at Tedd-chan... - Nioi.
Second

Shield. [1Black]
Instant.
Counter target spell.

That was close... You OK back there? - Nioi.
Fourth

Fairy Doll [1Green]
Creature.
Flying.
1/1

Now, just how hard should I slap Tedd over him turning you into a fairy? - Ellen?
First panel/Just Nanase

Body Swap [4White]
Sorcery.
Pick two creatures and swap their controllers.

Tedd and Grace have switched bodies, haven't they? - Sarah.
First panel

Single-Button Remote. [3]
Artifact.
T2: Discard target enchantment.

What troubles me most is that the remote only has one button... - Justin.

Fourth or sixth panel

Magic Wand [2]
Artifact.
T: Target creature becomes female.

Hey guys! Look what I found in some box! - Tedd.
Sixth panel/This

Also, Xiroth and I have both posted a martial artist creature. How about have about seven different types and name them after a basic belt system? Ie. White, yellow, purple, green, blue, brown, black.
Last edited by Berk on Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cool Ellen quotes:
Blasphemy!
Magnet!
Berk
Keenspot Deity

Postby Xiroth on Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:34 am

Berk wrote:The ideas are just flowing like water. :D

Tell me about it :) I'm actually having to restrain myself, particularly given that I have already made one of the mains, so it'd be a little selfish to not leave the others for other people :P

Berk wrote:Also, Xiroth and I have both posted a martial artist creature. How about have about seven different types and name them after a basic belt system? Ie. White, yellow, purple, green, blue, brown, black.

Yeah, sounds like a good idea. They could be the staple of the M:tGS red deck.

Berk wrote:Shield. [1Black]

This is the only one of yours I have a problem with: It should probably be blue, or possibly white. Maybe, since you already have "Yesterday's News", it should be green (or perhaps stay black) and regenerate a creature, which kind of fits - a creature which by all rights should be dead, isn't (Yay!).

Anyway, while I'm here...
Vlad [4A]
Legendary Creature - Greater Seyunolu
Flying
2A: Creature blocking Vlad gets -2/-2.
3/5
"Are you done already, pretty face?" -Vlad
Fourth panel

Goonmanji [6]
Artifact
X4: Choose a target creature. Flip a coin. Target gets +X/+X Goonmanji counter if coin lands heads up, or -X/-X in coin lands tails up. Goonmanji counters stack, but dissappear if Goonmanji is removed from play.
"Why would you sell a game like this?" -Tedd Verres
First panel

Government cover-up [4U]
Sorcery
Destroy target artifact.
First panel

Specialist [3U]
Creature - Human
T: Tap target creature.
2/2
"Specialist Steve here: Some crazy half-naked woman just screamed at me. Please Advise. Over." -Specialist Steve
Fifth panel
Last edited by Xiroth on Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xiroth
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby m2pt5 on Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:42 am

Ok, I'd be willing to make all of these into cards, but I don't have the time to search through the archives for a good picture for each.

So here's the deal: Find pictures for all the cards you want to see made. Ideal size is 255x207 (that's what MSE likes for old-style cards, and I don't like how it makes new-style cards), and any format is fine. If you just want to reference the comic and panel, I can trim out the picture myself.
m2pt5
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Berk on Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:58 am

Xiroth wrote:
Berk wrote:Shield. [1Black]

This is the only one of yours I have a problem with: It should probably be blue, or possibly white. Maybe, since you already have "Yesterday's News", it should be green (or perhaps stay black) and regenerate a creature, which kind of fits - a creature which by all rights should be dead, isn't (Yay!).

While this type of spell is primarily blue, other colours do contain counterspells, just like colours other than red have spells that do direct damage to a player, red just has a higher concentration.

Cavalry [4Green]
Sorcery.
Search through your deck and put two creature cards into play. Neither card's cost can exceed 5.

We're TRYING to get to them! - Justin.
Second panel.

Owl [3Green]
Creature.
2/2
Flying.
If Hedge is in play, you may tap owl and Hedge cannot attack of defend this turn.

Read or the owl will eat you.
Second panel/ Fourth panel.

Cool Ellen quotes:
Blasphemy!
Magnet!
Berk
Keenspot Deity

Postby Atashi-Cloud on Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:52 am

Hrm...we have a card that has Hedge's name in it, yet no Hedge....^^ I wanna see a Hedge card. While I'm here, I'll write it up.

Hedge: Legendary Creature - Lesser Seyunolu

Protection from Artifacts

T, 6: Artifact in play is now a 1/1 equipment with "T: target creature is now stunned, and artifact cannot be untapped next Upkeep."

4WB: Equip "Hedge's Chain" as an instant to target creature, that creature cannot attack this turn.

"I'd prefer if you came willingly, but I'm ready to force you if necessary!" - Hedge
Last edited by Atashi-Cloud on Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Avatar: Lapis O. Rimewing, lined by Sanchay, colored by me.
Youtubez; Oh hey, an LP by me! Youmu Konpaku: Swordswoman of Awesome Nyan-cat Miku style
"Contrary to popular belief, THE INTERNET IS NOT SERIOUS BUSINESS." --- Kalga
"Your mistakes were twofold, I'm afraid. You sprung your trap without looking to see if the game you hunted was the one you'd snare. And you sold me short. I'm no thief. I'm a Sky Pirate." --- Balthier
Y'know, I thought I'd be angrier, what with the utter humiliation and loss of my tail. Or maybe I'm just so unbelievably enraged that I've come full-circle. ---Vegeta, DBZ Abridged
Atashi-Cloud
Keenspot Deity

Postby Berk on Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:05 am

Atashi-Cloud wrote:Hedge: Legendary Creature - Lesser(was he a lesser? or was it greater?) Seyunolu

Yes, Hedge was a lesser chimera/raisol seyunolu like Guineas, Vlad and Grace are greater chimeras/tulougol seyunolu. Greater are part uryuom, the lesser just used uryuom eggs.

Cool Ellen quotes:
Blasphemy!
Magnet!
Berk
Keenspot Deity

Postby Erik Mesoy on Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:22 am

Yeesh. This thread grows quickly. I have a carpload of cards sitting on my computer. Some probably overlap with existing cards.
Oh, and I have images picked out for all of these. It's easy when you have the entire EGS archive downloaded for quick scroll-searching.

Bunny [W]
Creature - Human Bunny
Banding
"I need a funny quote for my signature. Hmm, let's see..."
1/1

Speculating Bunny [U]
Creature - Human Bunny
When this card comes into play, look at the top three cards in your library.
Whenever a legendary permanent comes into play, Scry 1.
Nobody knows what Dan will do next, but everybody guesses.
1/1

Naughty Bunny [B]
Creature - Human Bunny
Provoke
"I just had this mental image of-"
*hammer*

1/1

Rabid Bunny [1R]
Creature - Human Bunny
First strike
Whenever a legendary creature is the target of a spell or ability, tap Rabid Bunny if it is untapped and untap it if it is tapped.

(yes, we need a [R] bunny.)

Fanart Bunny [1G]
Creature - Human Bunny
<1>, <T>: Put a 0/1 Fanart token into play.
"Presenting: Tediot!"
1/1

Daniel Shive [5WUBRG]
Legendary Creature - Meddling Squirrel
Affinity for Bunnies. All Bunnies get +1/+1.
<1>: Change the gender of any creature in play.
<2>: Switch the power and toughness of any creature in play.
<3>: Return target legendary creature to its owner's hand.
<5>,<t>: Search your deck for a legendary creature and put it into play.

Okay, that was about as consistent as I could be. Now come the random ones.

Goo [1GG]
Creature - Goo
<3>,<t>: Put a +2/+1 counter on Goo. Use this ability only during your upkeep.
"Splip splort sploop."
0/3

Cup of Coffee [X 3]
Cup of Coffee comes into play with X coffee counters on it.
Remove a coffee counter from Cup of Coffee: Target creature gains haste until end of turn.

Hammer [5]
Artifact
Equip <2>.
Equip only on female creatures.
Tap equipped creature: Deal damage equal to its power to target attacking or blocking male creature.

Susan's Hammer [5]
Legendary Artifact
Equip <4>; Equip only on female creatures.
If this equips a creature named Susan, the Hammer Queen, that creature gets +3/+0.
Tap equipped creature: Deal damage equal to its power to target attacking or blocking male creature. Tap that creature and remove it from combat. It does not untap during it's controller's next untap phase.

Susan, the Hammer Queen [2RRR]
Legendary Creature - Female Human
Vigilance
When Susan, the Hammer Queen comes into play, equip all Hammer and Susan's Hammer cards you control onto her.
Whenever Susan, the Hammer Queen becomes tapped, you may count this as paying the activation cost for all hammers equipped on her.
"It's amazing how you can juggle three hammers and a full lunch tray at once." -Sarah
2/5

Vlad [2RR]
Legendary Creature - Chimera
Flying
<R>: Vlad gains +1/+0 until end of turn.
SKREEEEEEEEEEEE
3/4

Hedge [3G]
<2>: Hedge becomes a 5/2 creature with trample until end of turn.
"Not buying it, Cat. You're coming with me."
3/3

Guineas [2U]
<2>: Guineas becomes a 2/4 Male Human with banding until end of turn.
"Squee snort squa squee!"
3/2

Lesser Chimera [3UU]
Creature - Chimera
<2>: Lesser Chimera gains +1/-1 until end of turn.
<2>: Lesser Chimera gains -1/+1 until end of turn.
"Guineas was created with an egg that had 50% guinea pig DNA, and 50% human DNA. Hedge was created with 25% hedgehog DNA, and 75% human. They are both lesser chimeras."
2/3

Grace Sciuridae [2GGG]
Legendary Creature - Female Human Chimera Squirrel <--A reason to keyword 'Female'
Protection from red, banding
Flip: Grace Sciuridae becomes a 6/5 creature with trample and <R>: Regenerate that does not untap. Instead, you may unflip it during your upkeep and this effect ends.
2/6

Tedd [1GU]
Legendary Creature - Male Female Human <--I still think some keywording is needed.
<2><U>, T, Sacrifice an artifact: Search your library for an artifact and put it into play.
"Say it with me now: He's just that androgynous!" -Dan
1/3

Nioi, Servant of Lord Tedd [1WWW]
Legendary Creature - Mystery
Flying, protection from black
"You have many misconceptions about him."
3/4

Confession [2W]
Sorcery
Discard any number of black cards. Gain 2 life for each card discarded in this way.
"...so I used her blood in place of the intended human donor..."

School Principal [1W]
Sorcery - Tutor
Search your deck for a legendary creature and put it into play.
"THERE ARE NO OTHER TEDDS. NOW GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE!!"

Professor Germahn [1UU]
Search your library for a non-creature card. Reveal that card and put it into your hand.
Erik Mesoy
Keenspot Despot

Postby Deiwos on Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:27 am

Holy crap your collection of Bunny cards made me laugh for a long time. Have a muffin *Presents Erik with the muffin tray*
Deiwos
Newb pack, half bottle of immortaility infused water, instant gravy pack, emu, auto-cleaning label,
Ninja Tedd action figure, pinapple cheese, from Jasmine: Australian Style Hat that says, "Here, fishy fishy!",

Final warning... -Abel
But don't you worry widdle Abel-Wable... I'll protect you from all the mean old mall ladies! -Dan

From DMFA
Deiwos
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Erik Mesoy on Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:31 am

*takes a blueberry and chocolate muffin from Deiwos*

Berk wrote:What I have so far:

<snip>

Yesterday's News [1B]
Instant.
Counter target spell.
You don't consider goo coming to life news? - Sarah.

Government Identity [1Blue]
Sorcery.
Search through your deck for two land cards, put them in play and shuffle deck.

Sissy Slap-Fight [1White]
Sorcery.
Deal 1 damage to target creature.

There willbe no sissy slap-fights in this school! - Principal Verruckt.

Random Nudity [2Black]
Instant.
Target creature cannot attack or block this turn.

No! I will not be stopped by random nudity! - Sarah.

The first two simply scream OVERPOWERED. A cheaper Counterspell that isn't even blue, and a cheaper Untamed Wilds with TWICE the effect???

The second two say Underpowered. The first should change to "Tap 2 target creatures" and the second is made semi-obsolete by Pacifism (which, btw, I have a great reprint for).

Xiroth wrote:Government cover-up [4U]
Sorcery
Destroy target artifact.
One word: Disenchant.

Do some more looking at existing cards, people.

Also, where do you suggest I host a lot of pictures? I've been using Geocities so far, but I fear I might exceed my bandwidth limit.
Erik Mesoy
Keenspot Despot

Postby Deiwos on Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:44 am

I use imageshack for pictures usually.
Deiwos

Final warning... -Abel

From DMFA
Deiwos
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Erik Mesoy on Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:09 am

All right, imageshack it is, but it seems a little slow. Great of them to provide code, though.

Here are the reprints I mentioned. They are Forcefield, Pacifism, Howl from Beyond and Terror.

Image Image Image Image

I need picture suggestions for all Bunny cards, the Government Facility (island), the Secret Project Site (swamp), and preferably the School, which uses the picture from the very first week at the moment.
Erik Mesoy
Keenspot Despot

Next

Return to Mayhem