Is "Girly" leaving Keenspot?

General discussion!

Moderators: Kisai, Chris Crosby

Forum rules
Keenspot is not responsible for content posted by members of the forum.

Is "Girly" leaving Keenspot?

Postby bunnyThor on Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:43 pm

Every time I stop by there for most of the last week, the Keenspot banner and pulldown are gone. :-?
User avatar
bunnyThor
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Amidst the mists and fiercest frosts...

Postby BoxJam on Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:55 pm

Not that I've heard.
User avatar
BoxJam
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1729
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2000 12:00 am
Location: Glenview, IL, USA

EDIT: Look Below...

Postby Cope on Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:23 pm

EDIT:Yowsa! It aint a glitch after all!
Last edited by Cope on Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm gonna die! What is cooler than that?"-Sage

Image
User avatar
Cope
Keenspotter Supreme
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:42 pm
Location: Extreme lurker action

Postby josh l. on Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:26 pm

Very quietly, yes, I did. No one seems to care, but that's actually a good thing. I don't want a big deal to be made of it, because I didn't leave because of problems of dissatisfaction with Keenspot. I just wanted to start doing things on my own again, for reasons that are really hard to explain.
Keenspot's a good company, and I'll continue to support it from the outside.
Image
User avatar
josh l.
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1754
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2000 11:00 pm
Location: Austin

Postby bunnyThor on Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:47 pm

Hmm. That's sad. I'll miss having easy access to Girly, probably in 9-10 months when the drop-down menu is finally updated.

On a lighter note, does that mean we will be getting new forum skins sometime soon? :wink: :P
User avatar
bunnyThor
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Amidst the mists and fiercest frosts...

Postby Marcos on Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:53 pm

subSilver works just fine for me :)
Image
User avatar
Marcos
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 5105
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2002 2:53 am
Location: Spokane, Washington, USA

Postby Sabin_XIII on Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:38 am

*eats Marcos*
User avatar
Sabin_XIII
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 4205
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2001 12:00 am
Location: In your ear.

Postby carsonfire on Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:12 am

josh l. wrote:Very quietly, yes, I did. No one seems to care, but that's actually a good thing.


Josh, maybe because you DIDN'T TELL ANYBODY??? :D

I didn't know about this myself until I opened up bloglines and saw this:
http://www.comixpedia.com/modules.php?o ... e&sid=1953

I had seen this header before in this forum, but ignored it because there had been no internal discussion of you leaving. There still isn't as far as I can tell. Does Chris or Gav or anybody else who is extremely busy know about this?

And where does that leave the forums theme and Keenspot home pages? Have you made any arrangements for anybody else to take over?
Cars, as always
User avatar
carsonfire
Keenspot Mac Daddy
 
Posts: 7772
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2000 12:00 am
Location: Small town, Texas

Postby scrubbo on Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:47 pm

Why are all my favoritist cartoonists leaving?

*cries*

And why won't that jerk Troutman leave instead?

*cries more*
Scrubbo
http://www.boxcomics.com
http://www.filthylies.net
http://www.sillyconev.com (ended)

"I'm happy to inform you that you may be the ANTI-BOBBY. " --- Chris Crosby (Your pal!)
User avatar
scrubbo
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1183
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 11:00 pm
Location: Wisconsin! Land o' cheese!

Postby John T on Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:19 pm

Silly Scrubbo, this is a GOOD thing! See, when readers cast their line into the Keenspot lake, they reel in quality fish like Girly. But when those fish leave, all that's left to reel in are the old boots and toilet seats.

And that, my friend, is where we come in.
John S. Troutman
Delusionary State - Where Fiction Becomes Fact
User avatar
John T
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 2201
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2000 11:00 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA

Postby scrubbo on Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:53 pm

So you're saying we wait for the boots and toilet seats to be fished out and then we stand a chance?
Scrubbo
http://www.boxcomics.com
http://www.filthylies.net
http://www.sillyconev.com (ended)

"I'm happy to inform you that you may be the ANTI-BOBBY. " --- Chris Crosby (Your pal!)
User avatar
scrubbo
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1183
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 11:00 pm
Location: Wisconsin! Land o' cheese!

Postby -PDI- on Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:47 pm

More room for a band of devil-may-care heroes with flawed powers, huh?
Scott "Scix" Maddix
[url=http://pdi-comic.com/]
Psychic Dyslexia Institute:[/url]
Where we all have special special powers
User avatar
-PDI-
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 691
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2000 12:00 am

Postby David_McGuire on Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:52 pm

Marcos wrote:subSilver works just fine for me :)
If it was me, wouldn't advertise that I spent my free time writing special code so that internet forums that I visit on my computer all look alike. It'd be kind of embarrassing if anybody found out, in fact.
Image?
User avatar
David_McGuire
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 2125
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2001 11:00 pm
Location: Furrlough #122 (BUY_MANGAPHILE!)

Postby bunnyThor on Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:20 pm

David_McGuire wrote:
Marcos wrote:subSilver works just fine for me :)
If it was me, wouldn't advertise that I spent my free time writing special code so that internet forums that I visit on my computer all look alike. It'd be kind of embarrassing if anybody found out, in fact.


Don't worry. We suspect it of you already.
User avatar
bunnyThor
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Amidst the mists and fiercest frosts...

Postby Marcos on Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:24 pm

David_McGuire wrote:
Marcos wrote:subSilver works just fine for me :)

If it was me, wouldn't advertise that I spent my free time writing special code so that internet forums that I visit on my computer all look alike. It'd be kind of embarrassing if anybody found out, in fact.

But I don't. Keenspot is the only forum I visit that uses subSilver.
Image
User avatar
Marcos
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 5105
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2002 2:53 am
Location: Spokane, Washington, USA

Postby josh l. on Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:00 pm

Marcos wrote:BOY HOWDY I SURE DO LIKE GLOATING ABOUT HOW I WENT THROUGH THE TROUBLE OF UNDOING ALL THE WORK THEY PUT INTO MAKING THE SKIN OF KEENSPOT FORUM, EVERY SINGLE TIME THE SUBJECT IS BROUGHT UP. IT IMPRESSES THE LADIES AND MAKES THEM WANT TO FUCK ME.
Image
User avatar
josh l.
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1754
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2000 11:00 pm
Location: Austin

Postby Marcos on Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:05 pm

josh l. wrote:
Marcos wrote:BOY HOWDY I SURE DO LIKE GLOATING ABOUT HOW I WENT THROUGH THE TROUBLE OF UNDOING ALL THE WORK THEY PUT INTO MAKING THE SKIN OF KEENSPOT FORUM, EVERY SINGLE TIME THE SUBJECT IS BROUGHT UP. IT IMPRESSES THE LADIES AND MAKES THEM WANT TO FUCK ME.


Yes, there are certain advantages... ;)
Image
User avatar
Marcos
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 5105
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2002 2:53 am
Location: Spokane, Washington, USA

Postby josh l. on Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:06 pm

carsonfire wrote:Josh, maybe because you DIDN'T TELL ANYBODY??? :D

And where does that leave the forums theme and Keenspot home pages? Have you made any arrangements for anybody else to take over?


I was never exactly in charge of keeping the site up-to-date anyway. I just made the design. Chris is handling the updates juuust fine.
I did talk with some other artists about it; just mostly in private areas because like I said, I don't want this to be made into a big deal. This included the Keenfour, of course. Leaving without telling them woulda been rude. =I

edit: Seriously, Marcos. You're a fag. Stop posting forever, please.
Image
User avatar
josh l.
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 1754
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2000 11:00 pm
Location: Austin

Postby carsonfire on Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:23 pm

josh l. wrote:I was never exactly in charge of keeping the site up-to-date anyway. I just made the design. Chris is handling the updates juuust fine.
I did talk with some other artists about it; just mostly in private areas because like I said, I don't want this to be made into a big deal. This included the Keenfour, of course. Leaving without telling them woulda been rude. =I


Whew! Glad to hear that... you should have told us in the private forum that you wanted to keep it quiet, though. I've already linked the Comixpedia article (which is in itself not a great way to keep it quiet)

[EDIT: suddenly occurs to me to delete posts]

Maybe if you denied it in a few other places... keep people guessing. ;)

But good luck, anyway. You'll be missed.
Cars, as always
User avatar
carsonfire
Keenspot Mac Daddy
 
Posts: 7772
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2000 12:00 am
Location: Small town, Texas

Postby bunnyThor on Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:15 pm

bunnyThor wrote:Hmm. That's sad. I'll miss having easy access to Girly, probably in 9-10 months when the drop-down menu is finally updated.


(Checks drop-down)

Oh, sure. I make a smart-ass comment, and "Girly" gets removed immediately. Nevermind that there are still at least a half-dozen non-updating or ended comics still on the drop-down. :roll:
User avatar
bunnyThor
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Amidst the mists and fiercest frosts...

Postby Phalanx on Mon Nov 15, 2004 2:06 pm

Ah, but you get Vigilante, Ho! now. You lucky people, you!
The Jaded, now on Graphic Smash!
Action. Adventure. Danger. For Hire.

Image


This is How NOT to Run a Comic

Webcomic Finds | Keenspace Gear
User avatar
Phalanx
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2000 11:00 pm
Location: London

Postby bunnyThor on Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:21 pm

Phalanx wrote:Ah, but you get Vigilante, Ho! now. You lucky people, you!


Another comic that doesn't update? Hooray!
User avatar
bunnyThor
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 7003
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2001 12:00 am
Location: Amidst the mists and fiercest frosts...

Postby John T on Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:39 pm

Watch thy tongue, boy! We wouldn't have already moved the strip over if we weren't ready to update it. Every Friday. At vigilanteho.com. Plug plug.

(Would we, Megs? Okay, to be completely honest, I don't know if it will update THIS Friday, but it will be soon. Seriously. Would I lie to you, Bunny Man? Don't answer that.)
John S. Troutman
Delusionary State - Where Fiction Becomes Fact
User avatar
John T
Keenspot Despot
 
Posts: 2201
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2000 11:00 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA

Postby Marcos on Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:09 pm

bunnyThor wrote:
bunnyThor wrote:Hmm. That's sad. I'll miss having easy access to Girly, probably in 9-10 months when the drop-down menu is finally updated.


(Checks drop-down)

Oh, sure. I make a smart-ass comment, and "Girly" gets removed immediately. Nevermind that there are still at least a half-dozen non-updating or ended comics still on the drop-down. :roll:


But those are still on Keenspot.
Image
User avatar
Marcos
Keenspot Juggernaut
 
Posts: 5105
Joined: Sun Sep 15, 2002 2:53 am
Location: Spokane, Washington, USA

Postby -PDI- on Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:41 pm

-PDI- wrote:More room for a band of devil-may-care heroes with flawed powers, huh?
Scott "Scix" Maddix
[url=http://pdi-comic.com/]
Psychic Dyslexia Institute:[/url]
Where we all have special special powers
User avatar
-PDI-
Grand Poobah Keenspotter
 
Posts: 691
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2000 12:00 am

 
Next

Return to Keenspot Central

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests