[3:154] Scary Stuff...

Canadian teenagers jus' kickin' it 24/7.

Moderators: MarkusN, Josh Phillips

Forum rules
Locked due to spam magnet.

[3:154] Scary Stuff...

Postby Doctor Emmit Brown on Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:24 pm

Well, he's finally coming clean. And it is probably better for him that Alison is helping rather than Gar, because he is a little more focused on the matter at hand rather than the woman at hand.

I'm not quite sure which would be more scary though: The fact that his wife is alway angry with him, or the fact that he is getting good marriage advice from a 19 year old, who has never had a boyfriend of her own, let alone a spouse.
Doctor Emmit Brown
Keenspot Despot

Postby Marcos on Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:57 pm

Beware of stretching a metaphor too far: when one breaks, the results can be quite messy.

And remember, Alison has read entirely too many psychology textbooks for her own good. She might have actually picked up some good advice at one point or another.
Marcos
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby MarkusN on Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:53 pm

link block
comic now
comic archived
Thread(s) of last comic: 60113
Thread(s) of next comic: 60862

Hm. What's up with the missing two strip numbers? And the jumped date?

Josh wrote:and I ended up making some hasty promises that may be bad for me, but good for the average Avalon reader. So, uh, stick around for a while.
Hm again. Planning on CRFH-style parallel storylines?
Ok, ok, we'll just stick around and wait what's coming.

[edit: if you are reading that on a forum dive and go "huh?" The strip's date and number was originally off. Josh has since corrected this. So I have adjusted the thread title as well.]

I'd say "The doctor is in", but I said that already. Alison in classic PA's pose and parlance is cute. She can't hold it up very long, however. By the last panel her cynicism breaks through already.

She's quite succesful in cutting right to the bone this time. I wonder when Phil will speak up James-style: "I can't believe I'm discussing this with a high-schooler."

So Phil is afraid of his "force to be reckoned with". Not really news, that. Alison is right, of course, communication is key in any relationship, and you communicate silently too, just not necessarily what you want to say.
But then, it's not like Phil has't been given that advice already.

Oh, and re new comicage I'd like to quote Ghada: "[fill in the blanks yourself]"
Last edited by MarkusN on Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
definitely: 92.5 million; definately/definatly: 10.16 million. 11%. Strong the disturbance in the force is.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby GrassyNoel on Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:26 am

New comic: And I say way-hey-hey it's just an ordinary day ...

.3 Love Alison's expression, when overthinking that old metaphor.

Being a big fan of The Sopranos, when I see Alison in shrink mode I think of Lorraine Bracco. I like thinking of Lorraine Bracco. Rowr. Thankyou Josh.

I think Alison underestimates herself. The way Dr Melfi (Lorraine Bracco) on The Sopranos works is to keep asking questions of Tony to get him to think about how to help himself. Alison is doing the same here, I think.
Avalon Code: R++ S F++ IRC+ FA- GA- FF+ SN LY+ f{L>+++ G>++ 2:185} D{A-- H<-} rJ+ PSL+ P{LI+++ CJ+++ !GB !PC !L(~I) QM-} W+++
---
Read my LiveJournal. Comments welcome, of whatever flavour!
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby sun tzu on Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:30 am

I say, cheers for Allison! :D
And cheers for the update! :wink:
"The problem with History is that it can't have a happy ending." -Ouri Maler.
sun tzu
Keenspot Despot

Re: [3:156] Scary Stuff...

Postby Fool on Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:21 am

Doctor Emmit Brown wrote:Well, he's finally coming clean. And it is probably better for him that Alison is helping rather than Gar, because he is a little more focused on the matter at hand rather than the woman at hand.

Well, at least Alison won't have to mop up afterwards.

*looks at the ceiling*

Who painted a naughty picture up there?
Life is a joke, and it's on us.
We might as well laugh along.
Fool
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: We're not really sure, but we wish he'd go back there.

Re: [3:156] Scary Stuff...

Postby gwalla on Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:34 pm

Fool wrote:*looks at the ceiling*

Who painted a naughty picture up there?

*looks at the ceiling*
ImageImage
gwalla
Keenspot Deity

Location: Berkeley, CA, USA irc://us.nightstar.net/gwalla,isnick

Postby Doctor Emmit Brown on Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:54 pm

*innocently puts his art supplies, slide projector, and slides of MZacher's art away*

What? I may not be able to draw worth a darn, but I can colour in the lines really well! :D
Doctor Emmit Brown
Keenspot Despot

Postby packy on Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:50 pm

Yay, update!

Boo, nasty Keen forum template!

Though, to be fair to Phil, sometimes it's hard to talk to someone who talks at you. It's good to be able to get out and talk to someone who'll listen. It'll give him just the rest he needs to go back and try to talk to Sarah.
Proudly hosting the It's Walky!/Avalon Fanart Gallery to ensure that spreading quality fanart doesn't require your own webserver. Email or PM for a login to post pictures.
packy
Keenspot Despot

Postby MarkusN on Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:11 am

packy wrote:Boo, nasty Keen forum template!
Says sthe guy who frequents the board with the most garish standard template in existence. But to be fair, they let you select...

packy wrote:Though, to be fair to Phil, sometimes it's hard to talk to someone who talks at you. It's good to be able to get out and talk to someone who'll listen. It'll give him just the rest he needs to go back and try to talk to Sarah.
You are right, it's hard. I somehow doubt if Alison's advice will be heeded better than Gar's, though. I guess it will take a desaster in his home (involving intoxicating substances, most probably) to get him and Sarah talking.
Last edited by MarkusN on Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
definitely: 92.5 million; definately/definatly: 10.16 million. 11%. Strong the disturbance in the force is.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby Galvatron56 on Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:44 am

Doctor Emmit Brown wrote:*innocently puts his art supplies, slide projector, and slides of MZacher's art away*

What? I may not be able to draw worth a darn, but I can colour in the lines really well! :D

You were the one who painted over "Adam and Eve Being Driven Out of the Garden of Eden" on the ceiling! (Or whatever the painting is really called.)

Don't ask.
"you're being daft and engaging in a bunch of nonsensical hand waving."
Galvatron56
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby packy on Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:39 am

MarkusN wrote:
packy wrote:Boo, nasty Keen forum template!
Says sthe guy who frequents the board with the most garish standard template in existence. But to be fair, they let you select...

It's only garish if you don't log in and select a nice one. I see it as encouragement for people to log in. I have a very plain and easy to read template selected.

I'm never able to understand how certain people on that board keep forgetting to log in. I'd never be able to confuse a nice, clean, mostly white "logged in" template with a horrendous, nasty space "not logged in" template.

Oh, and the forum always WORKS. That's a major plus after years of frustration on the Keen boards.
Proudly hosting the It's Walky!/Avalon Fanart Gallery to ensure that spreading quality fanart doesn't require your own webserver. Email or PM for a login to post pictures.
packy
Keenspot Despot

Postby MarkusN on Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:54 am

packy wrote:It's only garish if you don't log in and select a nice one. I see it as encouragement for people to log in. I have a very plain and easy to read template selected.

I'm never able to understand how certain people on that board keep forgetting to log in. I'd never be able to confuse a nice, clean, mostly white "logged in" template with a horrendous, nasty space "not logged in" template.
'S exactly what I do, in fact.

Oh, and the forum always WORKS. That's a major plus after years of frustration on the Keen boards.
Hey, we all know what the respective advantages are, let's not repeat the forum quibble. But there remains the fact that the forum split has all but killed the IW / Avalon overlap in the forums (yeah, I know, there are other reasons, too.)
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby packy on Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:52 pm

MarkusN wrote:But there remains the fact that the forum split has all but killed the IW / Avalon overlap in the forums (yeah, I know, there are other reasons, too.)

True enough. Even when there are people in common, it doesn't feel like an overlap.

Oh, well. Good to be back.
packy
Keenspot Despot

added some colour

Postby MarkusN on Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:31 am

Last edited by MarkusN on Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby packy on Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:06 am

Sweet color job.
packy
Keenspot Despot

Postby MarkusN on Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:15 am

packy wrote:Sweet color job.

Thanks!
Bit minty, maybe ;)
MarkusN
Keenspot Despot

Postby GrassyNoel on Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:18 am

Matches the forum :)
Avalon Code: R++ S F++ IRC+ FA- GA- FF+ SN LY+ f{L>+++ G>++ 2:185} D{A-- H<-} rJ+ PSL+ P{LI+++ CJ+++ !GB !PC !L(~I) QM-} W+++
---
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Marcos on Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:36 pm

GrassyNoel wrote:Matches the forum :)

Huh? Since when do green and subSilver match? :wink:
Marcos
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Mcfarlane Salsa on Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:02 am

Marcos wrote:
GrassyNoel wrote:Matches the forum :)

Huh? Since when do green and subSilver match? :wink:

Not all of us are techy enough to change the damn thing back...
Mcfarlane Salsa
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby GrassyNoel on Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:10 am

Well, I could probably do it if I read the instructions properly and had enough time, but I'll put up with this for now.
---
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Symok on Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:51 pm

packy wrote:I'm never able to understand how certain people on that board keep forgetting to log in.

And I'M never able to understand why people who are prone to forgeting to log in don't just use the "keep me logged in" option... :roll:

Oh yea and w007 for the update. `twas on my birthday, no less. :D

As for the promisies, no clue as to what that might be, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Oh yea, and I thought I saw this somewhere else, but I can't remember what thread: Whats up with the skipping of the #s and the date jump?
Symok
Keenspot Despot

Postby Marcos on Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:26 pm

"Keep me logged in" doesn't always work. I need to log back in once or twice a week with Keenspot, and once or twice a month with Nightstar.
Marcos
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby GrassyNoel on Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:53 am

Marcos wrote:"Keep me logged in" doesn't always work. I need to log back in once or twice a week with Keenspot, and once or twice a month with Nightstar.

Perhaps you have been eating too many cookies :)
---
GrassyNoel
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Symok on Mon Jan 26, 2004 5:22 am

GrassyNoel wrote:
Marcos wrote:"Keep me logged in" doesn't always work. I need to log back in once or twice a week with Keenspot, and once or twice a month with Nightstar.

Perhaps you have been eating too many cookies :)

:lol:

Ive got IE set to block by default, so know exactly what sites are putting cookies on my sysem, thus I never have to clear my cookies :D And I've never had a problem with staying logged in. (Unless you count the time I forgot to log in before posting after a hard drive reformat ...)
Symok
Keenspot Despot

Next

Return to Avalon