Condition Green! [PFF, Epilogue Phase]

The three exclamation points at the end of the title stands for "quality."

Moderator: Maritza Campos

Condition Green! [PFF, Epilogue Phase]

Postby Loweko on Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:10 pm

Welcome back, fellow Boardies. It's been a while...

I'm sure most of the Board are aware of PFF etiquette and procedure by now, and since we even have Luis's highly useful Persona Site, a simple post, PM, email or tap on the shoulder on IRC will suffice if you want to be in it. I pride myself on being open to all, although I do ask people to acknowledge that I may warp descriptions for practical or plot reasons as much as anything else. EDIT: if you're not on the persona site, paste your profile in here.

This fic will tie up the huge great unused plot thread created by the ending of Green Eyes, tie up the OTHER huge unused plot thread at the end of WDWHH...but will actually have a plot of it's own, don't worry. As ever, I will try to ensure no prior explanation of the Boardieverse is necessary for people who haven't read my other fics...but read them anyway, flattery is never amiss.

Without furthur ado...

Prologue: Dropping Hints

February 16th, 2003
Last Month, in other words

Roger gets a fan club, I get the Illuminati on steroids.
Last edited by Loweko on Tue May 13, 2003 6:08 am, edited 7 times in total.
"The Ficcer, Lord of the Typed Word, before whom the Board kneels in awe." - Laserlips.
Godfather of the PFF, crowned ultimate Boardie ficcer, apparently knows all, and voted Mr CRFH, April 2003.
---
v3.0 R+ D&M+++ WB? F++[PFF] PSL? U++ IRC++ RPG P++ I+ E++ C&V++ SMART FLEET +++++ (The Evil Admiral himself)
Loweko
Keenspot Despot

Postby Shenalia on Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:17 pm

You know the usual procedure with me and your PFFs, Loweko; have fun. :wink:
Shenalia
Keenspot Despot

Postby joshlamont on Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:18 pm

:D Like most of your fics, this sounds like it's gonna be fun.

Count me in!
joshlamont
Keenspot Despot

Postby Coyotegirl on Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:24 pm

more!
PDI
-------------
BlackNarwhal - "She has a twisted sense of humor that involves vegetables."
Coyotegirl
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby joshlamont on Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:27 pm

:D CG! You're back!

You joining this one, or just observing?
joshlamont
Keenspot Despot

Postby ElObscuro on Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:34 pm

Do I really need to mention that you're welcome to include me? ;)

Oh, and I msut say that this looks... promising ;)

Scott the Obscure, unspoilt
ElObscuro
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Coyotegirl on Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:40 pm

joshlamont wrote::D CG! You're back!

You joining this one, or just observing?

I was gone?

Joining, of course.
Coyotegirl
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby MolTARE on Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:42 pm

*raises a hand and waves in a significant fashion, towards Low*

C'n I get some too?
Founder of SABOT, Last Warrior of HCT, Avatar of the Trouser.
Attempting to adjust the course of perversion since 2000. Prosecutors will be violated.
Pretteh... yet manly. Twisted... yet strangely fluffy.
MolTARE
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby joshlamont on Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:45 pm

Well, unless you've been posting in the nonsense threads, I haven't seen you post much until recently... :) maybe I'm just really unobservant!
joshlamont
Keenspot Despot

Postby The Wingnut on Sat Mar 08, 2003 6:59 pm

*reads the passage with his eyes a-bug and his mouth agape*

Whoa.

Excellent. Positively...excellent. You've captured the essence of the Servant realm very well.

Looking forward to the rest.
Last edited by The Wingnut on Sat Mar 08, 2003 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Wingnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Silver Adept on Sat Mar 08, 2003 7:09 pm

This should be fun... another somebody with some experience with the Dude in the Depths.

(And who poked Hazel when she entered the service of the Boards? If nobody yet, let me, please!)

Oh, yes, and I'm definitely game for this. The Nemo base should be interesting, since it's Silver's second-favorite element. (And I wonder what's going on down there... and whether I have an M-Division lab.)
Sir Alexander, KCI Eqvites Ivbalis, Snufficus Magus Argentus. Initial suggestor of name Order of Jubal. Probi Immotiqve Este!
Now accepting positions in M-Division. Come see what Science and Magic together can make! Apply by PM or post!
And now the creator of my own comic! Go see Faces
Gots a LiveJournal now. It's here!
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby aerilon on Sat Mar 08, 2003 7:44 pm

As usual, feel free to use me, Low.
<Jordanis_Jackal> Aerilon: Master of dirty ASCII art.
Aerilon's one-shots: Hardcore *shudder*-inducing for the discerning.
aerilon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Ahayweh on Sat Mar 08, 2003 7:50 pm

Eee! Putmeinputmeinputmein! ... :oops: Okay, perhaps I'm just a little overenthusiastic.

Would this be a bad time to point out that I've never read Green Eyes? The idea of slogging through the massive backlog of Low-fic that predates my time is tempting, but I'm afraid I just don't have a free month or so. Soon...
Ahayweh
Keenspot Despot

Postby Tangent on Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:22 pm

It need not be said (but I will anyway) that you may use me in the PFF. :)

<mew!>

Oh, and the Kittens said they are more than pleased to participate as well.

*scritches a purring kitten under the chin*
Robert A. Howard

Save Clan of the Cats! This fantastic web-comic needs your help to stay alive! Even "just" reading the comic helps. Go to the web-site to learn more. :)
Tangent
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Loweko on Sat Mar 08, 2003 9:01 pm

Ahayweh wrote:Would this be a bad time to point out that I've never read Green Eyes?

Green Eyes, (Or "The Green-Eyed Monster, to use it's full title) is probably not my best PFF, but essentially detailed what happened when a MST video (at the time, the Roomie comment MSTs were at their height) sent to Mike fell into the hands of his mother, who sought revenge for her portrayal in them. The result, supergun subplot aside, was much mayhem and chaos. In the end the Board fired the BIP at her (it's first appearance) set to Planet-Wide Destruction. A little meddling at the last minute ensured she merely caught enough energy to warrant recruiting her as a Boardie.

Condition Green! will be what happens next...

Oh, and Tangent? Since Millions to One is not really part of the continuity (it was designed to be the first half of a two-parter with JustBob, but he left and took all the notes with him), you don't have to be engaged to dear Hazel Green if you don't want to.
Last edited by Loweko on Sun Mar 09, 2003 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loweko
Keenspot Despot

Postby Stellar_Dragon on Sat Mar 08, 2003 10:19 pm

Looks interesting. Feel free to include my character, but I don't mind if you decide I haven't been around long enough to guage my personality...

PS: FINALLY got back onto this forum, after setting up two new accounts which never got around to sending confirmation emails... Any poking will be considered analogous to rubbing salt into the wounds, and will be responded to appropriately... and violently.
AKA Stardrake
You are not a godmoder if you deploy a Victory-class Star Destroyer
You may be a godmoder if you deploy the Death Star
You are a godmoder if you deploy the Sun Crusher
Stellar_Dragon
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Jordanis on Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:07 pm

The standing order that makes me available for all of your PFFs still stands, Low.

-JJ
Jordanis
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: Flag Bridge, PFS Kaboodle, Geosynchronous orbit opposite Space Station Funky Horror

Postby FlyingFish on Sat Mar 08, 2003 11:48 pm

As always, I'm in. And already frantically waiting for updates. :D
FlyingFish
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Flax on Sun Mar 09, 2003 1:34 am

Could I /not/ be in?

"Time, tide, and the next update wait for no man. "

You have that certain turn of phrase, Low...
Flax
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Laserlips on Sun Mar 09, 2003 1:35 am

Hey, no way I'm missing out on this one.

Throw me in there, Jack. And by "Jack" I mean "Lowe."

Or something. Just put me in, if it pleases you...
He's not stupid... He's advanced!

Leering surreptitiously since 2002... or since you met me. Whichever came first.
Laserlips
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Location: Not quite entirely opposite from where I want to be

Postby Jappus on Sun Mar 09, 2003 1:44 am

Well, include me (or rather my Alter Ego). You don
"Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
[Anonymous]
Jappus
Keenspot Deity

Postby The Wingnut on Sun Mar 09, 2003 3:39 am

And a little prequel vignette, inspired by Flax after I read 'Green-Eyed Monster'.

-----
Location: Midland, TX, United States, Midland International Airport, Hangar C3.

Time: Present day, seven hours previous

Deep in a long-abandoned hangar on the outskirts of a west Texas airport, an eletromechanical chattering emainated. To someone snooping around, this would have been a source of great curiosity. But not a soul came near this hangar anymore, abandoned for nearly 20 years. Actually, a single soul inhabited it, but not a living soul. Right now, that soul stood over a teletype machine in the combined living space and office built into one corner of the massive hangar, which housed a slowly decaying Curtiss C-46 Commando with a very checkered past.

The layer of chalky high desert dust on the teletype, the floors, the C-46 and every flat surface was completely undisturbed. The figure leaning on the ancient machine was leaving no marks on the thick layer of dust, and not a single mark on the floor marked the passage of his heavy black flight boots. Bulbs sat lifeless in fixtures, a television in the corner of the office hadn't displayed a picture in 20 years, the stove had no propane running to it, and the fridge sat cocked half-open, empty. A phone sat on the desk with its reciever off the cradle, no sound eminating from the earpiece.

The teletype had been in this hangar since it was built. Untold reams of paper had passed through its guts in its lifetime. Right now, the teletype was banging away for all it was worth, and no paper was coming out, at least, none visible to those whose minds were still bound to the physical plane. The power cord sat wound up on the floor next to the ancient machine, cloth fraying off in spots, insulation worn...even if it had been plugged in, no power would have coursed through the fire marshall's nightmare of a conduit.

A.J. Hunt watched as his orders came through the teletype. Paper spilled out of the output tray in its top, and he took up the slack with one hand while scratching his chin with the other. The machine finally stopped its posessed labor and fed a few inches of blank paper out. Hunt tore the feed across the built in cutter, and walked over to the couch set against the wall. He sat down, making no impression in the rotting leather cushion and raising no dust. He leaned back, crossed an ankle over a knee, and began reading the etheral dispatch.

---

ORDERS FOR PM SERVANT #9971, ADAR I 14TH, 5763

PROCEED BY FAMILIAR SPIRIT 'CAN OPENER', P-47 HV*H, BUAERO 4085598, TO BOARD ORGANISATION SEABASE NEMO, SOUTH PACIFIC SECTION 10. ASSISTANCE OF SERVANT 9971 AND 61ST FS HAS BEEN REQUESTED. REPORT TO GEN. GABRESKI AND COL. JOHNSON AT SQUADRON OPS 1000 HOURS FOR BRIEFING. RENDEZVOUS WITH CONTACT LAUNDREAU UPON ARRIVAL AND ASSIST IN CURRENT OPERATIONS AS REQUESTED BY BOARD UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. BOARD HAS INTERCEPT FORCE OF 3 CRAFT PATROLLING AREA - DO NOT FIRE UPON. TIME OF RENDEZVOUS SCHEDULED FOR 1500 HOURS.

GODSPEED

END TRANSMISSION

---

Hunt grinned widely. This would be a welcome break from his usual routine of guardian, subtley influencing the thoughts, actions and environments of the living to facilitate the Boss' will. A welcome vacation, if one could call it that, since he'd still be working...but working with the Board seemed, for some reason, to be more pleasure than business. It was a shame the opportunity came so rarely...only once in the past 3 years had Hunt interacted with the Board, and the organization had been quite different then, being in its fledgling form.

Hunt folded the dispatch in two, and stood, letting the paper fall from his fingers. The slip of etheral material disentegrated into nothingness before touching anything.

Hunt turned around and walked directly through the couch, through the wall of the office, and into the hangar's shop space. He gazed up at the C-46 with a half-smile.

"Shame you and I don't do any runs anymore, dear. But duty calls." A.J. reached up and fingered the underside of the once-gleaming Commando's wing. A small portion of aluminum shone brightly where A.J. touched the tired lady of the air. He felt the cool touch of metal for just a moment, and then withdrew his hand, his ritual done. He turned toward the hangar's massive front doors and walked out of the building, through wood and glass, the doors sealed forever. As he walked to the edge of the tarmac, his clothing faded from the comfortable jeans and 'Hunt's Air Services' t-shirt to a more utilitarian ensemble: A flight suit, leather jacket, and scarf. Weapons faded in from the ether; a vintage katana slung over his right shoulder, a pair of single-action revolvers in a belt rig, a small bone-handled hunting knife strapped onto on of the still-present calf-height flight boots.

Hunt put two fingers two his mouth and whistled loudly. A flash lit up the deserted and weed-ridden taxiway that had fallen into disuse after the larger runways meant to handle passenger jets had been built. A rift opened in the fabric of the spiritual plane, an open maw of pure blackness. A blue streak flashed through the gaping hole, and the hole closed with another flash and a sucking sound. SkyeII, Hunt's familiar spirit, rolled to a stop in front of him and opened her door. The little blue '32 Ford coupe rumbled with perfect precision, not a single miss. A.J. stepped in. Safety belts snaked around him with a mind of their own and connected themselves. Skye's flathead V8 roared through open exhaust pipes and the tiny car catapulted herself forward on her own accord with a speed far greater than the best speed shops of the hot rod industry had ever dreamed possible. Jesus certainly had built this hot rod.

Another rift opened in front of the hurtling blue streak, and as the void of the rift closed around the two beings, A.J. said to Skye, "Let's go to squadron ops...I've got a vacation to take."
The Wingnut
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby heckler&koch on Sun Mar 09, 2003 4:02 am

count me in loweko.
Chief labra...i mean, primary tester, m- division.
honorary member of LAAFH
(lab animals asociation, Funky Horror section)
current holder (or should that be wearer) of the trousers of sanctity.
heckler&koch
Keenspot Juggernaut

Location: Escaping from Jappus Mental recuperation facility a few more times

Postby DrJekyll42 on Sun Mar 09, 2003 4:41 am

Count me in. :D And this time, try to spell my name properly :wink: :P
DrJekyll42
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Tangent on Sun Mar 09, 2003 4:55 am

*shiftyeyes* I thought I had weaselled out of that Engagement by the end of the story.

*sniff* I *liked* Millions to One. ^.^ I think. Don't quite remember it now. But it was one of your PFFs, I like your PFFs. ^.^

But no, I have no interest in being Mrs. Green's love interest. I'm more interested in a pretty redhead... ;)
Robert A. Howard

Save Clan of the Cats! This fantastic web-comic needs your help to stay alive! Even "just" reading the comic helps. Go to the web-site to learn more. :)
Tangent
Keenspot Juggernaut

Next

Return to College Roomies From Hell!!!