Something Really Unexpected Happens To SRU (OTish)

Furries + college life + Vince Suzukawa = one great comic strip!

Moderator: ClassMg

Something Really Unexpected Happens To SRU (OTish)

Postby nslashk on Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:09 am

Interviewer: And so we come to Something Rather Improbable, a piece inspired by SWolf1's apparently "throwaway comment" that 'no one would ever make a fanfic of a fanfic of a fanfic .. of a fanfic'. n/k, would you like to tell us a little about the creation of this piece?

n/k: No.

Interviewer: Go on.

n/k: Eh.. weekend upcoming.. bored.. wanted to hurt innocent people .. much easier to edit existing pieces of text than write your own.. and.. you know, stealing stuff .. feh.

Interviewer: Uh.. okay, so.. what about the um.. imagery?

n/k: You can tell I've been drinking, can't you?

Interviewer: I was going to say 'No', but .. yes. Yes, we can.

n/k: YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ME!

Interviewer: So you're saying you wrote this piece to try and express your-

n/k: Y'ALL DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT.. I'M MADE OF METAL!

Interviewer: Ah, hell. Just run the clip. I deserve better than this.

n/k: SO DO I!

----

Something Rather Improbable: a Class Menagerie fanfic of a fanfic of a fanfic by nslashk

The story awaits...but FIRST...a description and a disclaimer!

"Something Rather Improbable" is very closely related to another fanfic, "Something REALLY Unexpected" by Matt Wolf, which in itself is very closely related to another TCM fanfic, "Something Unexpected", by Ivica Folnovic. If you haven’t read that (and then in turn read THAT), I strongly encourage you to do so. It's an endearing piece of work about the difficulties of resolving one's own desires with what one considers 'socially acceptable', in itself based up a piece that's so KYOOT! Um, anyway, SRI is a companion story to SRU, a companion story to SU, which involves Mikey getting together with a nice wolf guy, and was based upon a story involving Mikey getting together with a nice wolf babe. My companion story changes one detail. Same species. Different level of abstraction.
That said, yes, this story does involve complexity. It’s about
complexity, actually. The subject is dealt with in a tasteful and not-complex manner, though, so chill, man. Ya really think Vince would post a complicated fanfic?
Of course, don’t think that it’s all roses and sunshine, though...this
story is decidedly abstract, and maybe even mathematical (gasp)! There&#8217;s the issue of complexity, and a teeny bit of mathematical language ("#4<subset{N}" doesn’t exactly translate well into non-comic mediums), but I think that’s it. There shouldn’t be anything more weird than what’s dealt with in the strip, anyway. And nobody tries to murder characters in science labs, either!!! (Though we do explain how these kinds of things can occur).

Well, Dear Reader, I’ll let you get to the story now, assuming I haven’t scared you off with the dreaded 'c-word.' (That’s "complex" in case you’re wondering.) I hope you like the story! And if you DO, you can email me at ballmeister@hotmail.com and I’ll love you forever. Flames will cause massive retaliation with extreme prejudice, but I really sincerely appreciate constructive criticism. I hope you like the story, though!

Matt’d like to give special thanks to Vince, author of the best comic strip on the planet, to Ivica 'YES, that’s my real freakin’ name!' Folnovic, author of the super-spiffy original 'Something Unexpected' (GO READ IT!), and to Innvisigoth, the bestest brother’s girlfriend in the whole entire world. Love ya, Mona! Also, thanks a TON to all the editors the final version of this thing had...Acheron, Ter-ter, Lord Emsworth, Chysalis, and Ivica again...MUCHOS GRACIAS! Oh yeah, and given this whole thing's based off me (nslashk) just slotting words into Matt Wolf's work, a hello to him too.

All characters except for Caleb Sherman
Needle & Thread: There's a party goin' on at the local church hall, you know people do it - all you gotta do is call; Leave your lonely room and you'd seize the day, but you put on the ABC and foxtrot your chance away.
nslashk
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby nslashk on Fri Sep 20, 2002 12:13 am

(the last remnants of the script are fed into the blender)

Interviewer: That was AWFUL.

n/k: Yeah. Guess there's some things you can't express with ClassM stories. No wonder Scott tries to keep his major a secret.

Interviewer: Give me a shot of whatever it is you've been drinking.

n/k: No. Sorry. There's only enough for me.
Needle & Thread: There's a party goin' on at the local church hall, you know people do it - all you gotta do is call; Leave your lonely room and you'd seize the day, but you put on the ABC and foxtrot your chance away.
nslashk
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Um...

Postby Niall on Fri Sep 20, 2002 4:23 am

There's only one thing to say here:

Welcome back.

Now I'll be running away from the epicentre=you... :D
Niall
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Alfador on Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:38 am

Epicenter, being the central point on the surface of the Earth where surface waves of an earthquake appear to originate from, as opposed to the actual central point of an earthquake originating somewhere inside the Earth's crust...

Gah! That was geology, not math! And I haven't even taken a geology class since ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, whereas my math classes have been advanced since...always.
Three-tailed fox, in the house...Fox Den, that is!
Alfador
Keenspot Despot

Postby Niall on Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:00 pm

So you're saying that n/k is buried deep in the crust? He's very crusty? He's Too Deep?

Maybe someone will just wham the ground REAL hard in the US and the shockwave will travel through the earth and make n/k lose his footing down in NZ... even though they're not antipodal... and it's geologically impossible...

He's on the surface, so I used epicentre. I did know what it is. I'm still running away. That's the important point. :D
Niall
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Geek! Geeeeeeeek!

Postby Ivica_F on Fri Sep 20, 2002 1:01 pm

Besides, we all know that probability and percentages are best expressed in decimal (where 1<= n >=0) than fraction (n/x).
All that said, nice work. Very abstract, but then again, I like that sorta thing. :lol:

And since I'm one to steal one's limelight, yes, this <i>is</i> my first post in God-knows-how-long. Probably won't be my last either, even though there's not much of the strip left *sob sob.*
And since I'm "and sincing," and stealing various limes, I'm gonna point out something (something unexpected, no less): After all this time, and all the compliments, and all the spoofs and parodies of SU that have been done, I'm not at all proud of the original work. In fact, Vince, I don't know why you put up such an amateurish piece of writing in the first place. :) That said, I'm actually (honest, this time!) doing more fanfic work, and #1 on my list is rewriting SU, to at least not read so crappily.

Blah blah blah I go. But in the end, good work n/k. Pity that the rest of it ended up being shredded by the evil... shredding... thingy... mmmyep.
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat. "We're all mad here. I'm mad,you're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or else you wouldn't have come here."
Ivica_F
Junior Keenspotter

ReGeek! ReGeeeeeeeek!

Postby Alfador on Sat Sep 21, 2002 8:16 am

Ivica_F wrote:...decimal (where 1<= n >=0) than ...

Shouldn't it be 1>= n >=0? After all, the way you put it, it just means n >=1; this fulfills the second condition (n >=0) automatically. (And if n >1, then it can't be a probability.)
Alfador
Keenspot Despot

Math

Postby Blackjack on Sat Sep 21, 2002 9:01 am

As a language-oriented college student, I just want to add the following:

AIEEEEEEEEE! No more nuimbers, it hurts my delicate brain!
Blackjack
Keenspotter Supreme

Re: ReGeek! ReGeeeeeeeek!

Postby Ivica_F on Sat Sep 21, 2002 2:02 pm

Alfador wrote:Shouldn't it be 1>= n >=0? After all, the way you put it, it just means n >=1; this fulfills the second condition (n >=0) automatically. (And if n >1, then it can't be a probability.)

Yes, yes it should. Typo. :oops:
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat. "We're all mad here. I'm mad,you're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "Or else you wouldn't have come here."
Ivica_F
Junior Keenspotter

Re: ReGeek! ReGeeeeeeeek!

Postby Alfador on Sat Sep 21, 2002 6:56 pm

Ivica_F wrote:
Alfador wrote:Shouldn't it be 1>= n >=0? After all, the way you put it, it just means n >=1; this fulfills the second condition (n >=0) automatically. (And if n >1, then it can't be a probability.)

Yes, yes it should. Typo. :oops:

It's okay, we all love you anyway. *yells* THE FORUM SHALL NOT DIE!!! *gasp* Sorry, just had to say that for some reason.
Alfador
Keenspot Despot

Postby ClassMg on Sat Sep 28, 2002 11:17 am

:o

This was sort of like Laddie's political rant...I applaud your efforts, but my brain kept overheating about 1/2way through.

Makes me wonder what a Scott fanfic would be like.

"Wow. Her size must be 36 <x < 38"...

Vince

Not a word out of you, Sarge... :wink:
ClassMg
Keenspot Despot

Return to The Class Menagerie