ok, i just gotta post this somewhere....

A warrior (Bruno) and a small dragon (Fiona) team up for fun and plunder in this fantasy comic strip.

Moderators: kmd, Ian McDonald, Limax

ok, i just gotta post this somewhere....

Postby mouse on Fri Dec 13, 2002 5:12 pm

so you guys can ignore it if you don't want to deal with political rants.

this is from the new york times; it is part of bush's response to trent lott's comments on the occasion of strom thurmond's birthday*:

"And the founding ideals of our nation and, in fact, the founding ideals of the political party I represent was, and remains today, the equal dignity and equal rights of every American."

now, am i the only one still stunned by this level of hypocrisy? yes, yes, i know - in the days of abe lincoln, the republicans _were_ the champions of equality for blacks - but the GOP must have poor old abe spinning in his grave so fast he's probably bored his way down to the earth's core by now....

* At a party for Senator Thurmond of South Carolina, Mr. Lott said, "I want to say this about my state: When Strom Thurmond ran for president we voted for him. We're proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over all these years, either." about the only platform thurmond's campaign had was segregationism.
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Postby Major Tom on Fri Dec 13, 2002 6:41 pm

we can do, we can not 'get into it' (which makes more sense to both of us, I'm sure) -- I can say I'm non-partisan, and I want to say that I don't believe there is more hypocracy on either side of the aisle.

I think the democrats are more surruptitiously dangerous, not less dangerous than the republicans. I have no reason to trust a 'party' at all, so I'm, unfortunately, not surprised at the current set of fandangling.

It's just a different flavor than we went through during the washington-tabloid-Clinton-Star show -- "NOW, with [i]terrah"

it's sad, it's scary...it's sad.
Major Tom
Keenspot Deity

Postby mouse on Mon Dec 16, 2002 2:43 pm

sad is right...

i will admit to being a democrat; while they are hardly pure as the driven snow, at least they occasionally manage to do something for the little guy.

and continuing in a political vein - anyone catch al gore on saturday night live? 'course, in many ways, comedy is probably a better career choice than politician - at least you may have a little more lee-way in what message you want to get across.
mouse
Keenspot Deity

Return to Bruno The Bandit