I dunno if this is a good thing or a bad thing...

The noble Order of the Knights of Jubal traces its origins back to the Year Two Thousand A.D., when a group of distinguished persons of good and true character, founded the order to promote chivalry and honour. The order takes its name from our leader, Alexander Jubal McRae, who on two (so far) occasions has been seriously injured, in one case fatally, defending an innocent woman from attackers.

Moderators: Jamie, Greg

Postby Lothar Sauvage on Sun Jul 01, 2001 11:31 am

It's official! I have been selected to join the board of directors of a small non-profit called Blue Circles Inc. in the capacity of Technical Director. <p>
Blue Circles is a small corporation organized as a non profit tax excempt organization that aids those with physical, mental, or emotional handicaps become productive members of society.<p>
We do this by providing a computer and personalized training appropriate to their disability. Once they are able to care for their own needs, at least in part, the joy of "theraputic self sufficiency" spreads; They think: "I've been told I couldn't do work. Now I can. What else can I do that I have been told that I can't?" This starts a process of breaking down barriers and exponentially increases their self worth.<p>
Until funding is obtained, all positions are on a volunteer basis, with no compensation. One of the tasks I have been saddled with is to get leads for funding and build the company's infastructure from scratch.<p>
Keep an eye on <A HREF="http://www.bluecircles.org" TARGET=_blank>www.bluecircles.org</A> for details as they come available. Once we have an ISP (Monday or Tuesday), I can be reached in my official capacity at aharper@bluecircles.org. Any encouragement, advice, or leads would be greatly appreciated!<p>
Regards,<p>
Lothar Sauvage, CI
Lothar Sauvage
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Josh the Aspie on Mon Jul 02, 2001 1:47 am

Congradulations. I'm happy for your appointment, and for what you've been willing to do for the disabled... you know... I might eventualy need this service... so any way I can help out?
Josh the Aspie
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lothar Sauvage on Mon Jul 02, 2001 7:20 am

I dunno at this point... Think calm thoughts at me? I am pinging off the wall and there's sooooooooooooo much to do!
Lothar Sauvage
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Jim Brockman on Mon Jul 02, 2001 9:03 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lothar Sauvage:
<B>I dunno at this point... Think calm thoughts at me? I am pinging off the wall and there's sooooooooooooo much to do!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Congrats, good luck and most important[br]<P>calm, calm, calm, <B>calm</B>[br]
you can handle it and if not you have a great store of knowledgeable people who can at least give advise. (ie, E.I.)
<P>------------------
"What you don't want yourself, don't do to others"
"If you desire to establish youself, Establish others"
- K'ung-fu-tzu<P>Jim ß®øçkmåñ CI
Jim Brockman
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby BandMan2K on Mon Jul 02, 2001 9:15 am

We can give you advice, but it depends on if you take it or not. BTW: Jolly good on this venture and here's to good things happing for you.<P>------------------
Sir Howard Seelye, KI:
Order of the Knights of Jubal (PIQE)<P>"Don't go getting me angry... not if you value your life!!"
Duo Maxwell, Gundam Wing<P>---begin CRFH!!! code---
F U+ IRC+ R RM--- H PSL++ FW S FR- WB- GN++ AI++ D&M BR- RPG- FDS-- BSL N P+++ W++ I+ E
---end CRFH!!! code---
BandMan2K
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Jenavia Darkstar on Mon Jul 02, 2001 11:28 am

I would like to wish you good luck. I think we need more pepole like you willing to sacrifices your time and money without pay to help other pepole. If more pepole had your aditude this world would be a much beter place I'm sure of it.I 'm certin all will come out well for you.
Huggs and Purrs
Jenavia Darkstar CI
Jenavia Darkstar
Junior Keenspotter

Postby Silver Adept on Wed Jul 11, 2001 11:30 am

Congratulations to your appointment! <P>Large amounts of calming thoughts...<P>...and a suggestion. <P>Check with other non-profit foundations as well as possible business and commercial venues. Community foundations and the like may be able to provide quite a bit of start-up funding.
Silver Adept
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Zolgar on Mon Jul 16, 2001 12:16 am

Zolgar thinks this is a good thing.. Zolgar wants to wish you luck.. But Zolgar is unable to come to the computer at the moment because his mind has been taken over by assorted RP characters.
Zolgar
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Deathscythe on Mon Jul 16, 2001 10:19 am

Sounds like an excellent organization to be involved with. People who reach out, and help those shunned by society aren't that common in this country, Those who do, should most definitely be commended.<P>------------------
I don't mind if you try to kill me, but I might struggle a bit.
Deathscythe
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Lothar Sauvage on Sun Jul 22, 2001 2:28 am

Thank you all for your encouragement and recommendations! I will continue to push this thing and let ya know!<P>My for pay business is taking off too and I am making enough to hire folks and free up time to work on the Non Profit stuff. It's like everything is coming together.<P>Now to learn effective time management... where did I put that daytimer? (J/K)<P>Regards,<P>Lothar Sauvage, CI
Lothar Sauvage
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Star Of Mars on Sun Jul 22, 2001 2:47 am

This makes me very happy .. my cousin was a premie (she was born at .. 6months or maybe 5, I don't remember, because it's been 10 years) and .. well, while she most likely wouldn't be able to participate in something like this, because of the severity of her handicap, it really touches my heart that it is available. (Of course, they also said she'd never walk .. and she walks (albeit, not well) they said she'd never talk, but she can say "hello" (which is her way of saying she loves you) and understands short-cuts to her familie's name (ne-ne for Renee, de-de for Andrea (andee), etc) .. so maybe something like that would help her)
Anyway .. I'm very proud to know someone who would participate in this program .. and thank you *smiles*<P>------------------
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
-S. G. Tallentyre, The Friends of Voltaire <P>Blessed Be
~*Crystal*~
The Star of Mars
CI
Star Of Mars
Junior Keenspotter

Return to Eqvites Ivbalis, Order of the Knights of Jubal