Procedures for Knighthood

The noble Order of the Knights of Jubal traces its origins back to the Year Two Thousand A.D., when a group of distinguished persons of good and true character, founded the order to promote chivalry and honour. The order takes its name from our leader, Alexander Jubal McRae, who on two (so far) occasions has been seriously injured, in one case fatally, defending an innocent woman from attackers.

Moderators: Jamie, Greg

Postby Greg on Tue Feb 06, 2001 3:41 am

Hi there!<P>In response to several discussions and e-mails flying around, I'd like to clarify the procuedures for become a Companion of the Order, and the process of being knighted.<P>As with all things, these aren't carved in stone so your comments are appreciated.<P>-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
<B>Joining the Order</B>
1. Any person can become a Companion of the Order of Jubal by swearing the Oath, and posting a message on this forum saying that it has been done.<P>Having sworn the oath, a person will be entered on to the membership roster as a CI, a Companion of the Order of Jubal.<P>2. If a CI performs a great deed or service, he or she may be granted a Knighthood. Normally, proof is required such a deed.(discussed in a separate thread).<P>Then, at least three existing Knights must agree that the person is worthy of the Knighthood (by virtue of the deed and character). If there are any dissenting votes to this, the <I>dispute resolution</I> process begins.<P>Once being granted a Knighthood, the person is entitled to bear and publish a Coat of Arms.<P>Raising a Knight to the level of KCI must be done through a vote of all existing Knights (usually through a direct e-mail).<P><B>Dispute Resolution</B><P>Where there is a dispute that can not be worked out directly, or some concern regarding the status of a Knighthood (either a dissenting vote, or it becomes necessary to strip someone of their knighthood), the issue must be voted on by all existing Knights (except those with a direct personal interest in the outcome).<P>If the result is a tied vote, then Jubal himself will cast the deciding vote.<P>-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-<P>Once again, your comments are invited.<P><P>------------------
-------------
Sir Gregory of Melbourne, KI
Knight of the <A HREF="http://www.iubalis.org" TARGET=_blank>Order of Jubal</A>
"What I tell you three times is true..." - The Bellman
Greg
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby BandMan2K on Tue Feb 13, 2001 3:22 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greg:
<B>
2. If a CI performs a great deed or service, he or she may be granted a Knighthood. Normally, proof is required such a deed.(discussed in a separate thread).<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I was hoping someone would say this Greg, so now I can ask this question. What do you mean by "Great deed or Service" When I think of a great deed or service, I'm thinking something big like giving up one of your organs to someone who needs it so I hope you can clarify that for me.
Thanx<P><P>------------------
"May the Great Bird of the Galaxy bless your planet."
BandMan2K
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Greg on Wed Feb 14, 2001 8:22 am

Hi there!<P>You're right - "<B>great deed or service</B>" is very general and deliberately so. I'd prefer not to but limits on what does and doesn't qualify - I'm of the opinion that we'll recognize it when we see it.<P>But, as a rule of thumb, I posted some guidelines in the "Proof" thread.<P>Remember, the great deed or service only really serves to highlight the CI's character. That's what is really be evaluated when considering a knighthood, not just one deed in isolation, not matter how great.<P>Regards,
Sir Gregory
<P><P>------------------
-------------
Sir Gregory of Melbourne, KI
Knight of the <A HREF="http://www.iubalis.org" TARGET=_blank>Order of Jubal</A>
"What I tell you three times is true..." - The Bellman
Greg
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Return to Eqvites Ivbalis, Order of the Knights of Jubal