Dawn of World 1 (MOVED TO NEW FORUM)

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Dawn of World 1 (Turn 0)

Postby narie666 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:38 am

askstoomuch wrote:anyone know a pdf reader i can download i can't read the rules so i don't have a idea what to do :D

SPOILERS:http://get.adobe.com/reader/

edit: that looked weird without quote.
narie666
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby ThroughTheWell on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:41 am

Taberah wrote:Sooo what you guys planning? I was thinking of making a coastal or plain city. Maybe throw in a couple humanoid creatures with some Chivalry. Its still a toss up on the creatures. Might go with one of the more standard races(human/dwarf), but been thinking some more bestial race could be fun.

Course nothing concrete since circumstances will most likely change before I get to do any of that.

If other players will 'respect' other god's areas, then things may not be too chaotic. I have about 8 or more turns planned for the South East island/continent/landmass that I put mountains on. (This is why I wanted a faster/lower shape land cost.) By the time we get to Age 2, I have a race and a couple of subraces in mind, and several city sites in mind, and at least 2 advances in mind.

So, I'm happy to mind my own business in my corner of the world for a long time. If other players want, I can probably come up with ideas for other parts of the world too, if they run out of their own ideas.

Nerre, did you add in the bonus point for being under 5 left last time, or will we do that?
ThroughTheWell
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nerre on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:43 am

askstoomuch wrote:anyone know a pdf reader i can download i can't read the rules so i don't have a idea what to do :D

http://www.chip.de/downloads/Adobe-Reader_12998358.html

its a german page but it will do. site is good, its a computer magazine.

Nerre, did you add in the bonus point for being under 5 left last time, or will we do that?

already in, everybody got +1.

btw, you don't have to create a world in which the races fight each other. the more peacefull it is, the better, since its less work for me. ;)
Curse of the Gold:
MAP: Link to World Map
The New Goblin Warriors: Carves hide
HP:5/5 Def: 1 Location: G6 (warcamp)
Attack: Bow 8(9) (Marksman 6+, Coates +1)25% to miss // Short sword 4(5) (Short sword +2, Coates +1) // both: (1+ against any woodland creature)
Traits: Marksman 3, Hunter (Can create traps for small creatures, can do basic tracking, can skin animals. Gets a 1+ attack in dealing with any woodland creatures), Basic trainig with Coates, First aid, Deer gland 1/10 turns (partly washed of).
Inventory: Short Bow, Short Sword, Hunting dagger, 10 Arrows, Backpack, Hatchet, Flint, 30m Rope, Blanket, 5 Leather, 7 Meat, some Bones, 1 deer musk gland, 2 sinews, 1 set of stag antlers.

Slaves to the ring: Goron'Kar
HP:12/12 ATK: 2 DEF: 1
Abilities:
- Endurance (Passive) = he can defend himself while at 0 HP. Enemies must penetrate his defense to kill him.
- Shield Proficiency (Passive) = +1 Def when using a shield.
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby thinkslogically on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:45 am

Well, it's meant to be a cooperative building game, so I don't think we should necessarily just focus on one area each. Besides, making alterations in other areas will diversify the landscape and the civilisations and will be more fun overall I think. Just my 2p, but I'm not expecting to be able to make any claims on the map...
Turning points of data into beautiful lines since 2006

Running:
Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

Escape!: Open to All.

The Goblin Apprentices! - COMPLETE at Turn 50
thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby askstoomuch on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:46 am

well i'm dowloading it now , so i'll know what i have to do later :D

oh and i figured out the map yeah for me ! :D

i'll turn n5 i'n hilly tropical paradic full of plants

my plan is to take over all of the tiny islands you guys can keep the main land for yourself.
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby Taberah on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:48 am

Nice! got just enough points for what I wanted to do.

God of the Silver Flame creates Mountains at T16
Next he creates a silver dragon who inhabits the nearby mountains. A creature whom devotes itself to helping those in need before all else, fighting evil and stopping corruption. He is granted the name of Honored One.

Spending 3 points to create Mountains and 10 Points to create an avatar of good.
Leaving 1 Point remaining
Last edited by Taberah on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nerre on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:53 am

Taberah wrote:Nice! got just enough points for what I wanted to do.

sorry, but i have to say no, you don't. creating a race in first age is 22 points, terraforming 3, climate 2.
Curse of the Gold:
Attack: Bow 8(9) (Marksman 6+, Coates +1)25% to miss // Short sword 4(5) (Short sword +2, Coates +1) // both: (1+ against any woodland creature)
Traits: Marksman 3, Hunter (Can create traps for small creatures, can do basic tracking, can skin animals. Gets a 1+ attack in dealing with any woodland creatures), Basic trainig with Coates, First aid, Deer gland 1/10 turns (partly washed of).
Inventory: Short Bow, Short Sword, Hunting dagger, 10 Arrows, Backpack, Hatchet, Flint, 30m Rope, Blanket, 5 Leather, 7 Meat, some Bones, 1 deer musk gland, 2 sinews, 1 set of stag antlers.

Abilities:
- Endurance (Passive) = he can defend himself while at 0 HP. Enemies must penetrate his defense to kill him.
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Taberah on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:55 am

Erm "Create Avatar – Through this power, the god creates a major figure within the history of the world. These may be high priests, dragons, warriors, dynasties, or the like." Ah if it's too similar to a race I can change it to a singular creature that way it can't bread and stuff.

Edit: It's now one dragon.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Nerre on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:59 am

I think things like high priests and dynasties work only if there is a base race. i think it means dragonS since more than one player could create one. but if you want a swarm, than it would be undividable and had to be always in the same hex. if thats not a problem it is ok as avatar.

if anybody else creates something please tell me if it is a race, an avatar or an order. ;)
Curse of the Gold:

Abilities:
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Taberah on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:01 am

Hm I see your point. Not a problem at all. I changed it to one creature that way it's a non issue.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ThroughTheWell on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:04 am

Your previous language, "creating a race", means something specific in the game that you can't do yet.

Taberah wrote:Spending 3 points to create Mountains and 10 Points to create an avatar of good.
Leaving 1 Point remaining

However, this is perfectly legal, and if you want to call your Avatar "The Silver Dragon", then that sounds like what you intended.

Heh, although you and I might have a race to see who creates the race of dragons first. ;) Thats okay though, I can let you have dragons. I have an alternate idea for my race.
ThroughTheWell
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Taberah on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:13 am

Yeah I used horrible wording, I just ment to create a few not a mob.

Dragonborn is one of my favorite races in dnd :D the artwork for them is amazing. With that said I don't actually plan to develop a dragon race. I just wanted dragons to be a guiding force in the world. Even if it is a bit cliched. I like still like it :lol:
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ThroughTheWell on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:28 am

Taberah wrote:With that said I don't actually plan to develop a dragon race. I just wanted dragons to be a guiding force in the world.

Well, if that is the case, I think I can guarentee they will be a 'guiding' force. :evilgrin: + :lol: = Muhahaha?
ThroughTheWell
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Taberah on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:34 am

Uh oh. hopefully it's nothing too mischievous.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ThroughTheWell on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:37 am

Taberah wrote:Uh oh. hopefully it's nothing too mischievous.

What? I always laugh like that. Its a throat condition, really. ;)
ThroughTheWell
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby askstoomuch on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:47 am

dibs on the jamaicans :D
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby Nerre on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:23 am

make your moves, you puny mortal...erm...gods. ;)
Curse of the Gold:

Abilities:
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby thinkslogically on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:40 am

In case I can't post again later, I'd like 3 more swamps in D6D5, E5 and F6 please!

EDIT: Goddamn! Why the hell can't I read these coordinates properly? Should look like this:

Last edited by thinkslogically on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turning points of data into beautiful lines since 2006

Running:
Lair of the Mountain King: Chapter One
Obsidian Portal Link (character info, inventories, monsters): http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/lair-of-the-mountain-king

Escape!: Open to All.

The Goblin Apprentices! - COMPLETE at Turn 50
thinkslogically
Keenspot Despot

Postby Nerre on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:05 pm

I will be gone over the weekend, so please take your time with your moves. I think there won't be an update till monday morning (german time).

Thanks for your patience. ;)
Curse of the Gold:

Abilities:
Nerre
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby Taberah on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:12 pm

Begins writing a horribly written 15 page back story for the dragon. I kid... maybe
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby askstoomuch on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:58 pm

thx to ThroughTheWell i understand the game :lol:
so when should we be starting to creat races ?
askstoomuch
Keenspot Despot

Postby Taberah on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:21 pm

Up to each player. I want to build up the world a bit more personaly. Others might want one soon so they might start saving points.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby ThroughTheWell on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:57 pm

askstoomuch wrote:so when should we be starting to creat races ?

Typicaly in Age 2 when they cost the least. In Age 1, now, it would cost the most, and cause you to forfeit bonus points for a round or 2 as you build up to the 22 cost. You'd also give up the opportunity of the cheapest land shaping. OTOH, you'd have the fame of having the oldest race, which might make for a good story.

It is still your turn.
ThroughTheWell
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Dlover on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:34 pm

Right, I'm flattening the tops of the mountains in a darker grey:
That will leave me at 2 Power.

By what Thinks said, her actions should create swamps in the dark green hexes:

Two other things:
1. Why do you people insist on using brushes? It makes it so time consuming to go and fill the spaces I want to interact with.
2. Taberah, you have no clue how much danger you are in for shaping my mountains like that. I'm the god of order, random shaping is not acceptable. :evil:
Dlover
Keenspot Juggernaut

Postby Taberah on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:41 pm

But but I used the fill tool :<. The shape is a hexagon.
Taberah
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games