Happy Agnostica!

It's not MAD science...just disappointed.

Moderator: Gav

Happy Agnostica!

Postby towr on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:31 am

't Is the fourteenth of december, Agnostica is upon us!

Happy Agnostica everyone!

Anyone?

And honestly, it's time for something other than spam to be added to the board.
towr
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Re: Happy Agnostica!

Postby Gav on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:06 pm

Whoops, turned my back on the place for a few minutes and the spammers swoop right in, don't they?

Happy Agnostica to everyone! Who's planning on participating in the Random Bag of Fun this year? This year, I'm asking for a few bucks to cover shipping, but won't fret anyone who just sends in a gift.

I'd also be happy if I could regenerate interest in the forums, but I'm under the impression that forums have lost a lot of market share to Facebook in the past five years and this place lost its critical mass long ago.

Would it help if I installed a Nukees-only forum? Does anyone care anymore or are forums too old tech?

Darren
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
(Nukees, an atomic comic)
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Postby towr on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:59 am

Well, personally I wouldn't touch facebook with a ten foot pole; I'm firmly on the pro-forum side of things.

I'm thinking about participating in the Random Bag for the first time this year, and I've seen some things I'd might like to send in, but I'm not sure how to include my address with the gift from those particular online stores. Additionally it seems a bit of a waste to order something online, have it sent to you, and then have you send it on it's way, rather than sending you money and the idea and so you could send it to its destination in one go. So I was wondering if that's an option, to send you money plus a gift idea?
towr
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Gav on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:35 pm

Well, the whole system is far from efficient. It could be done the way you suggest too. Not sure if anyone would find it less personal for their random bag gift to come straight from the online source rather than from me (I wrap the gifts, too). But it's only fair for me to allow it now that I've had to add an extra shipping cost.

Otherwise, usually online stores will allow a "Gift Message" where you could add your address. If the store really didn't offer any method of sending a note with the item, I suppose I would allow communication through email.
Lates...

Darren "Gav" Bleuel
(Nukees, an atomic comic)
Gav
Keenspot Whipping Boy

Return to Nukees