Goblin Gladiators Campaign 2

Moderator: Thunt

Forum rules
Forum games go here.

Re: Goblin Gladiators Campaign 2

Postby PicksUpSticks on Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:42 pm

Jumps moves to B9 and uses all of his fatigue to boost an attack on the dwarf.

He then finishes his move to C-10
Last edited by PicksUpSticks on Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Threads of Reality
Picks The Plan - Goblin Warrior
Level 1
Tower Game
Zombie Picks Up Sticks - Zombie Shaman
Cantrips/Inflict - 1 | Debuff/Buff - 2 | Suggestion - 3
Clan Rampage
Breaks A Leg - Goblin Knee Basher
Alive and stupid.
Goblin Heroes- PicksUpSticks - Completed
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot

Postby Haragorn on Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:22 pm

Drinking a potion uses 1 move.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Re: Goblin Gladiators Campaign 2 - Sign-ups Open

Postby SharesLoot on Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:42 pm

Little Feet pumps 4 Fatigue into her attack on the skeleton. She then retreats to H11. If she would take an AoO on the way, she orders Dodge instead.
╔═Clan Rampage══Goblin Gladiators II══Hats II══The Forsaken═══╗
╠═Hairy═════════Little Feet═════════Falls════Cockadoodle═══╣
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Wildman on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:53 pm

Battle 2, Turn 2:

The elf on C7 acts first. He spends a fatigue to move to B6 and attacks Fights twice, putting 1 point of fatigue into each attack (the elf ends up at 1 of 4 Ftg). Both rolls are successful and the elf deals 1 damage for each attack. Fights drops from 5 to 3 HP. The other elf goes next, taking a similar action. He spends 2 fatigue to move to M7 and attacks Thinks twice (the elf ends up at 2 of 4 Ftg). Each attack does 1 damage and Thinks drops from 5 to 3 HP. The worg acts next. It moves to M8 and attacks Thinks (no AoO because 2 enemies are adjacent to Thinks). The attack does 1 damage and Thinks drops from 3 to 2 HP. The worg then continues moving, ending up at J10. The crowd begins to cheer against the goblins, as the elves and worg have managed to do 5 damage during their turn.

Thinks goes next. He moves to K9 and attack the worg (get it? K9, worg? You can't write this stuff). The attack does 2 damage, and the worg drops from 5 to 3 HP. Next up is Jumps, who decides to move to C10 and attack the dwarf with all of his fatigue along the way. The base attack plus pierce nullifies the dwarf's armor, so the fatigue is doing straight damage. 3 of the 4 rolls are successful, and the dwarf drops from 6 to 3 HP. The crowd is now cheering for the goblins, as they have done the same damage but with fewer turns.

The skeleton decides to wail on Little Feet twice. Each attack does 1 damage and Little Feet drops from 5 to 3 HP.

Fights goes next, attacking the dwarf twice. The first attack's extra melee damage doesn't kick in and the attack doesn't do any damage. Fights pumps the second attack with a point of fatigue and both the fatigue and melee training add a damage, so the attack does 2 damage. The dwarf drops from 3 to 1 HP. As the dwarf drops to one knee, the crowd cheers. The crowd begins to boo as the dwarf gets back up. They want death! Little Feet goes next, attacking the dwarf with all of her fatigue. 2 of 4 rolls are successful and the attack does 3 damage. The skeleton drops from 9 to 6 HP. After the attack, she retreats to H11. False also attacks the skeleton, but he attacks it twice. Each attack deals 1 damage and the skeleton drops from 6 to 4 HP. With all this damage on the skeleton, the crowd begins to chant, "Kill the bones! Kill the bones! Kill the bones!"

The dwarf on B7 attacks Fights twice. Each attack does 1 damage and Fights is reduced from 3 to 1 HP. The dwarf on G7 moves to I9 and attacks False. the attack deals 1 damage and False drops from 5 to 4 HP.

[No post from Zyb]
Smells decides that he shouldn't sit still any longer. He advances to I11 and attacks the worg. The attack does 1 damage and the worg drops from 3 to 2 HP. The crowd doesn't know which side to cheer for. It seems there will be some deaths during the next round of actions. The next few turns will be critical. Grant looks on with interest.

Goblin Gladiators Campaign 1 is Complete.
Little Hands is currently in the Pit of Danger, and will be for quite some time.
Successful killer in TSK Round 24. Partner: KittiHello.
Co-winner of the TSK Lightning Round, along with SharesLoot.
Successful killer in TSK Round 33, with some help from SeeAMoose at the end.
Wildman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:00 pm

If the Worg stays near him False will drop his crossbow and tackle the Worg. If it moves away False will attack the skeleton again using 2 fatigue points on his second attack.
Last edited by Theonewhoisodd on Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Extra-Dimensional shape-shifter with an affinity for confusion and mischief. Also I am a maniac...

Come lurk my game called The Forsaken.

Very first Bloodhound in Thuntworld Serial Killers.
Round 17 killer as Seth Bainwraith, fought off a lynch mob for 4 rounds until I purposely killed myself with a Trowel to complete the storyline of my kills.
Round 19 killer as Lesser Finger Horror, died in the first round but took the Ex-God SeeAMoose with me thanks to the Kaboomerang. (Thanks Warlock)
Round 31 killer as Forgath, died first round thanks to Vigilante justice...
Round 32 detective, found both killers fairly quickly.
Round 36 killer as FRGU, got hit with a computer error and thoroughly lynched.
Round 37 killer as Overlord, killed everyone and they didn't come back to life.
Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:19 pm

Assumeing Fights survives the elf's next attacks, he will spend 1Ftg to drink his mFP, pump 1Ftg into an attack on the dwarf, and 2Ftg into an attack on the elf.
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby SharesLoot on Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:16 am

Zyb, you took one of the best armors, weapons and potions each, please use them.

Little Feet Moves to F13 and places a Rest order. Lacking a powerful weapon, she will need all the Fatigue she can get. This fight is far from over.
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Haragorn on Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:21 am

Thinks Ogres Are Not That Scary
Drink the potion, move to somewhere safer (if possible without taking AOO), dodge.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Postby PicksUpSticks on Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:22 am

Jumps battles the dwarf.

If he dies on the first turn, Jumps rests.
Threads of Reality
Level 1
Tower Game
Clan Rampage
Alive and stupid.
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot

Postby Wildman on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:41 am

Everyone: Sorry about missing yesterday's update. I haven't been able to get to the forum since Friday (because of RL not internet issues). Should be able to update later today, but be advised - I won't be able to post Thursday because of a gig.

Little Hands is currently in the Pit of Danger, and will be for quite some time.
Wildman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Wildman on Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:22 am

Battle 2, Turn 3:
The elves act first. The elf on B6 fires on Fights using his last fatigue to pump the attack. The roll is unsuccessful and Fights doesn't take any damage. The elf attacks again, but with no fatigue to spend, he must rely on a lucky strike to deal any damage. The attack again misses and it seems Fights will get another turn! The elf on M7 attacks Thinks twice. Each attack does one damage and Thinks drops to the ground, dead. The crowd roars as the hodgepodge team gets the first kill of the match. The worg acts next, and it attacks each of Smells and False once, putting 2 fatigue into each attack. Smells's extra defense kicks in and the worg hits one of its two rolls, so the attack on Smells does no damage. In the other attack, one of the worg's rolls hits and the attack on False deals 1 damage. False drops from 4 to 3 HP.

Now the goblins get to respond. Well, one does at any rate. Jumps attacks the dwarf. He needs a lucky strike to do any damage. He is successful! The dwarf takes 1 damage, falls to the ground, and doesn't get back up. Jumps finishes his turn by placing a rest order. The crowd cheers, a kill for a kill!

The skeleton goes next, attacking False twice. Each attack does one damage and False drops from 3 to 1 HP. As False drops to a knee but gets up, the crowd looks on in anticipation of another kill. But they will have to wait for now.

False goes next. He doesn't quite feel up to tackling the worg [read: I don't have rules/damage/mechanics for it, but I'll look to add if you guys want] so he decides to shoot it twice instead. Each attack will pierce the worg's armor even if it's extra armor against ranged attacks kick in. The first attack does 1 damage. False pumps 2 fatigue into the second attack. One roll is successful and the second attack does 2 damage. The worg takes 2 arrows in it's side and crumples to the ground with a whine. That's 2 kills for the goblins! Little Feet moves back to F12 [note: I rolled 50-50 between F12 and G13 as F13 isn't on the board] and places a rest order. Fights decides to retaliate against the elf that tried to kill him. He begins by attacking the elf with 1 fatigue added. Netier the fatigue nor the extra melee damage kicks in, so the attack only does 2 damage. The elf drops from 4 to 2 HP. Before his next action, Fights spends a fatigue point to get a movement point. He then uses that movement point to drink his minor fatigue potion, restoring 2 fatigue. He then attacks the elf again, knowing he doesn't need to spend his fatigue. The attack does 2 damage and the elf is killed.

The dwarf goes next. He attacks False with his first action. The attack deal 1 damage and False is done. The dwarf then spends a point of fatigue to step over False's body so he can attack Smells, pumping this attack with his other point of fatigue. Smells's additional defense kicks in, but so does the extra ttack from the dwarf's fatigue. The attack does 1 damage and Smells drops from 5 to 4 HP.

[Again, no post from Zyb. Starting to think I should reach out to someone that didn't make it into the game...]
Smells goes last, and he decides to attack the dwarf twice. Each attack does 1 damage and the dwarf drops from 6 to 4 HP. The crows was given 5 kills this round, and they are quite raucous. They really have no idea which side will emerge victorious.

Wildman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby SlamsWithSticks on Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:46 am

Hey, delurks for me? I'd gladly take control of Zyb's goblin for now. :D :shifty: If it's ok.
Dares Devils, goblin berserker. Threads of reality
Lvl1 berserker. M. 8/10 EXP
HP: 5/5 ATT:3+used weapon DEF:3

Grace of Maglubiyet. Curse of Gold
Last in Lina. Clan Rampage
SlamsWithSticks
Keenspotter Supreme

Postby kurik on Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:55 am

Fights runs to G-4
If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
-George Carlin

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
-Mark Twain

I thought this must be obvious to everyone else, as it seemed obvious to me; and that, if once it became apparent that we were on the edge, all the Great Powers would call a halt and recoil from the abyss.
-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby Haragorn on Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:53 pm

Ouch. Two deaths potentially temporary deaths in 24 hours. Both my fault, really.
Haragorn
Keenspot Despot

Postby PicksUpSticks on Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:51 pm

Jumps heads to G12 (he should make it in 4) and dumps all of his fatigue into an attack on the dwarf.

Edit: phones are evil.
Threads of Reality
Level 1
Tower Game
Clan Rampage
Alive and stupid.
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot

Postby Theonewhoisodd on Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:58 pm

SPOILERS:Heh Heh Sticks' phone auto-corrected.... AVENGE ME!
Extra-Dimensional shape-shifter with an affinity for confusion and mischief. Also I am a maniac...

Come lurk my game called The Forsaken.

Very first Bloodhound in Thuntworld Serial Killers.
Round 17 killer as Seth Bainwraith, fought off a lynch mob for 4 rounds until I purposely killed myself with a Trowel to complete the storyline of my kills.
Round 19 killer as Lesser Finger Horror, died in the first round but took the Ex-God SeeAMoose with me thanks to the Kaboomerang. (Thanks Warlock)
Round 31 killer as Forgath, died first round thanks to Vigilante justice...
Round 32 detective, found both killers fairly quickly.
Round 36 killer as FRGU, got hit with a computer error and thoroughly lynched.
Round 37 killer as Overlord, killed everyone and they didn't come back to life.
Theonewhoisodd
Keenspot Despot

Postby SharesLoot on Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:05 am

SPOILERS:lol... I meant F10. Same result, if the elf doesn't attack me, so all should be well.

Little Feet Moves to H11 and Attacks the dwarf, pumping all 4 fatigue points into the attack. She then Moves back to F11. If the Skeleton decides to move to H11/H12 (since it acts before her), Little Feet will instead move to G12 and Attack the skeleton, pumping all 4 fatigue points into the attack. She then Moves to F10.
If she would take an AoO during any of her moves, she will not move, but instead attack once (pumping all fatigue) and drink her minor defense potion.
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Wildman on Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:21 am

In hindsight, the CTF thing would have worked waaaay better is anyone who dies auto rezzes on their next turn (or maybe misses one turn then rezzes) and the battle only ends when one team has brought the enemy flag back home. As it stands now, its just a bother, and it is easier to just kill the other team to win. I'll probably add that rule if I do another CTF battle.

Wildman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby SharesLoot on Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:11 am

Wildman, we miss you!

I hope this game will go on?
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

Postby Wildman on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:09 am

Sorry everyone! I lost a bet with my wife and had to give up the internets for a few days (and yes, I was faithful to that while at work too - I am honorable after all). Now that it is over, I'll be posting an update this afternoon and it should back to business as usual.

Apparently The Scarlet Letter is set in Boston not Philadelphia...

Wildman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby Wildman on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:00 am

I'm giving temporary control of Smells to SlamsWithSticks. If Zyb doesn't post by the end of the week, control will be permanent. Now, on to the (long overdue) update!

Battle 2, Turn 4
The remaining elf goes first. He attacks Smells twice, pumping each attack with one fatigue (which will completely exhaust the elf's fatigue). [Rules Note: the situation: a def +1 (50%) kicking in makes the attack always do no damage (even if the fatigue damage kicks in). If the def +1 (50%) doesn't kick in, then the fatigue kicking in makes the attack do a damage. So the question: If the defense does kick in, does the attacker get a lucky strike roll? The answer is yes, but the fatigue is still spent and doesn't add any extra damage.] In the first attack, the extra defense doesn't kick in but the fatigue does, so the attack does one damage. In the second attack, the extra defense kicks in so the elf rolls for a lucky strike, but is unsuccessful. All in all, Smells drops from 4 to 3 HP.

Jumps regains all of his fatigue (from 0 to 4) because of his rest order. He moves down to G12 (which costs 5 movement, so he spends 1 fatigue to do so) and puts all of his fatigue into an attack on the dwarf. Luckily, all 3 fatigues are successful and the attack does a full 3 damage. The dwarf drops from 4 to 1 HP. As the dwarf staggers, the crowd begins to sway to the goblins.

The skeleton acts next. It moves back into sight and around to J11 (no AoO as Smells is also engaged with the dwarf). The skeleton then attacks Smells, whose armor kicks in, making the attack ineffectual.

Fights goes next, running to G4. Then Little Feet regains all of her fatigue from her rest order, moves to H11 and attacks the dwarf. Only one of her 4 fatigue rolls is successful, but that's enough - the dwarf takes 1 damage and drops to the ground dead. The crowd roars approval. She then pulls back to F11 (she can't quite make it to F10). With the dwarf dead, Smells gets to act early. He simply attacks the skeleton twice. Each attack does 2 damage and the skeleton drops from 6 to 2 HP.

Wildman
Grand Poobah Keenspotter

Postby PicksUpSticks on Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:30 am

Jumps To Conclusions will attack the skeleton and then put up a rest order.

Just need 1 more hit to the skeleton to kill it... Well re-kill it... Well... Hey does anyone know if you can even call it "killing an undead?"
Threads of Reality
Level 1
Tower Game
Clan Rampage
Alive and stupid.
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot

Postby kurik on Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:16 pm

Fights moves to G-1 and takes the flag.
-George Carlin

-Mark Twain

-Edward Grey
kurik
Keenspot Despot

Postby PicksUpSticks on Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:40 pm

I got a question... can you use Fatigue to move if you don't have a move action declared?
Threads of Reality
Level 1
Tower Game
Clan Rampage
Alive and stupid.
PicksUpSticks
Keenspot Despot

Postby SharesLoot on Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:48 am

PicksUpSticks wrote:I got a question... can you use Fatigue to move if you don't have a move action declared?

Yes. You can battle (attack 2x), for example, and still move using fatigue.

Little Feet has smaller feet than I thought. She (or me) seems to have trouble adjusting to the move rules. Of course, it made no difference so far, but I do need to focus a bit better.

Little Feet Moves to I10. She picks up the gear (CBow, Hide, mHP) False dropped when he died and equips the Crossbow (4th movement point). Then, she Attacks the skeleton.
SharesLoot
Keenspot Despot

PreviousNext

Return to Goblins Games